Five year Thai driving licence

Lancelot01

2 minutes ago, i claudius said:

My licence runs out in march but its a 10 year one .i had a one year then a 10 year anyone else

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No such thing as a 10 year licence, if you have one it's either a fake or the wrong year has been added. If you can show me anywhere where a 10 year licence is issued by the Transport dept. I will humbly apologise.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No such thing as a 10 year licence, if you have one it's either a fake or the wrong year has been added. If you can show me anywhere where a 10 year licence is issued by the Transport dept. I will humbly apologise.

Sorry to burst your bubble but it was issued in Pattaya in march 2007 and runs out on my birthday in march 2018 .i had it legaly from the guy behind the desk. Also i have been stopped a few times over the years and its never been queeried even at the police station .or at any bank

4 minutes ago, i claudius said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but it was issued in Pattaya in march 2007 and runs out on my birthday in march 2018 .i had it legaly from the guy behind the desk.

Show me anywhere where a 10 year licence has been legally issued by the Transport dept. Just because you have one doesn't mean that they were ever issued, just means there was a glitch in the system. Let me know how you get on getting another 10 year to replace the one you have.

9 hours ago, giddyup said:

Show me anywhere where a 10 year licence has been legally issued by the Transport dept. Just because you have one doesn't mean that they were ever issued, just means there was a glitch in the system. Let me know how you get on getting another 10 year to replace the one you have.

Aw, we have been throuth this already. I had a 10 year one, legally issued, on renewal got a 5 year one.

All in all it was probably a mistake, but I liked that mistake. The same is probably the case with I Claudius, so please stop contradicting people who do have this.

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Aw, we have been throuth this already. I had a 10 year one, legally issued, on renewal got a 5 year one.

All in all it was probably a mistake, but I liked that mistake. The same is probably the case with I Claudius, so please stop contradicting people who do have this.

If we've been through this already, why is he bringing it up again, is it bragging? I don't doubt he has a 10 year, but I'm saying that the Transport Dept never issues 10 year licences deliberately. Where's my contradiction? Yours wasn't probably a mistake, it was a mistake. Surely even you can grasp that.

If we've been through this already, why is he bringing it up again, is it bragging? I don't doubt he has a 10 year, but I'm saying that the Transport Dept never issues 10 year licences deliberately. Where's my contradiction? Yours wasn't probably a mistake, it was a mistake. Surely even you can grasp that.

What do you mean "bragging" i just read the thread and replied you are the one who is making all the fuss , obviously about something you know very little about , indeed as do i .all i said was i was issued a 10 year one.i did not think it was such a big deal and certainly not " bragging"

36 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Sad, that is all your post deserves.

" If you can show me anywhere where a 10 year licence is issued by the Transport dept. I will humbly apologise. " Looking forward to your apologies.

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Sad, that is all your post deserves.

" If you can show me anywhere where a 10 year licence is issued by the Transport dept. I will humbly apologise. " Looking forward to your apologies.

I'm waiting for you to show me that the Transport Dept issued 10 year licences legitimately. No? Didn't think so.

26 minutes ago, i claudius said:

What do you mean "bragging" i just read the thread and replied you are the one who is making all the fuss , obviously about something you know very little about , indeed as do i .all i said was i was issued a 10 year one.i did not think it was such a big deal and certainly not " bragging"

I know enough to know that the Transport Dept. never issued 10 year licences deliberately. See how you go asking for another 10 year when you need to renew.

I know enough to know that the Transport Dept. never issued 10 year licences deliberately. See how you go asking for another 10 year when you need to renew.

Who said i was going to ask for a 10 year one all i did was say i had one. Sorry if it was such a big problem for you some people just do not seem to have a life they way they go on

Just now, i claudius said:

Who said i was going to ask for a 10 year one all i did was say i had one. Sorry if it was such a big problem for you some people just do not seem to have a life they way they go on

You keep responding, so I guess you don't have a life either.

8 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

All my Wifes Family have Lifetime ones, im the only one who does the pointless repeat thing.Missed out by one dam month.!.emoji86.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Im sure i read the lifetime paper ones have to be exchanged for the new smart cards will be interesting to see if the are still for life then?

Im sure i read the lifetime paper ones have to be exchanged for the new smart cards will be interesting to see if the are still for life then?

As n When that happens i will be the first to hear the bleating..,it will have to be a recall though because they all have new ones exept Dad whoes dead ..,just looked at one, same as mine, but no expire date.?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, my wife had a paper lifetime licence and was hanging onto it fearing they wouldn't issue a plastic lifetime licence....but they did no hassle or tests just sit for digital photograph and pay the fee which I think was 100 baht.
As far as I know they are not issuing
life time licences to new drivers only 2 and 5 years which is maybe partly why the DLT is always busy...

23 hours ago, giddyup said:

I'm waiting for you to show me that the Transport Dept issued 10 year licences legitimately. No? Didn't think so.

Many people have/had one issued by the DLT, so very legit. Seems you're confusing deliberate with legitimate.

16 hours ago, johng said:

Yes, my wife had a paper lifetime licence and was hanging onto it fearing they wouldn't issue a plastic lifetime licence....but they did no hassle or tests just sit for digital photograph and pay the fee which I think was 100 baht.
As far as I know they are not issuing
life time licences to new drivers only 2 and 5 years which is maybe partly why the DLT is always busy...

Spot on johng, id like to see a 10 year CAR one though, so would the Thais i asked yesterday.

48 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Many people have/had one issued by the DLT, so very legit. Seems you're confusing deliberate with legitimate.

Heresay. Show me any website that shows the Transport Dept issued 10 year licences. Put up or shut up.

Archived