Red-shirt leader questions Army explanation as soldiers mobilise in Lamphun

snoop1130

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The ones shooting at the international press ensured you don't know.

Nonsense. 

Just because you can only see what you want to see, does not make you right. 

Edited by Bluespunk

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nonsense. 

Just because you can only see what you want to see, does not make you right. 

You only saw what they wanted you to see, that is what I am saying, and that is a fact, they censored the Thai press and scared away the international press, we have no idea what went on.

Edited by Kieran00001

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You only saw what they wanted to see, that is what I am saying, and that is a fact, they censored the Thai press and scared away the international press, we have no idea what went on.

I know what the UDD are. 

I know what they have done in the past and will do again given half the chance. 

Edited by Bluespunk

10 hours ago, halloween said:

You're right that the UDD are not a political party, they are a pack of mercenary propagandists and agitators paid to put the Shinawatra view and cause unrest, while claiming to be the leaders of a political movement, also Shinawatraa funded, without any real claim to leadership other than being appointed by the man who pays the bills.

As such, why should anybody CARE what views Thida has been ordered to express? Neither as a private citizen, or as a paid propagandist, does she much influence on where when or how the RTA decides to hold an exercise.

Why should anyone "CARE", you ask. Well, why don't you look in the mirror and ask yourself that question since you obviously do so enough to write several posts about her statement.

BTW, the junta certainly cares.

PS. I find it very amusing to read the posts of people who waste no chance criticizing the UDD (or any other red shirt affiliated organisation) for not being elected while supporting a military junta.

The hypocrisy is mind-boggling.

11 minutes ago, Becker said:

Why should anyone "CARE", you ask. Well, why don't you look in the mirror and ask yourself that question since you obviously do so enough to write several posts about her statement.

PS. I find it very amusing to read the posts of people who waste no chance criticizing the UDD (or any other red shirt affiliated organisation) for not being elected while supporting a military junta.

And who are you referring to in that final little dig?

Edited by Bluespunk

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I know what the UDD are. 

I know what they have done in the past and will do again given half the chance. 

Do you think that they may have been incited?  They were mowed down by a woman who was never charged, shot by the army who denied it, shot again by the army and again they denied it, they were forbidden the chance to speak about their cause, the press was forbidden from reporting on any incident involving them unless they gave the official line.  I don't doubt that they have been violent, but I do doubt the one sided story that has been told about them, as do the worlds press by the way.

Thida Thavornseth, a leader of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), said Thursday that she suspected that there was a link between an ongoing military drill in Lamphun and the verdict that former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra will receive on August 25.

With some 700 clicks between the two events, maybe Thida should lay off the Thai stick...

Capture.PNG.9df68235866c03217c6d766ce1ea7a77.PNG

8 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

With some 700 clicks between the two events, maybe Thida should lay off the Thai stick...

Capture.PNG.9df68235866c03217c6d766ce1ea7a77.PNG

UDD Lampun are exactly zero clicks from Lamphun are could be one of the largest groups planning to travel to Bangkok for the sentencing or could be planning protests back home, who knows?

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

UDD Lampun are exactly zero clicks from Lamphun are could be one of the largest groups planning to travel to Bangkok for the sentencing or could be planning protests back home, who knows?

lol, no.

If you weren't asking a question then why did you put a question mark at the end of your post?

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

----

Let me know if you need any further help understanding what you've written and I'll drop everything and come running :deadpan:

Edited by onthesoi

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

And who are you referring to in that final little dig?

As I said, people who waste no chance criticizing the UDD (or any other red shirt affiliated organisation) for not being elected while supporting a military junta, in other words a group of un-elected people who have taken power in a country and suspended basic human rights.

I wasn't thinking of you when writing this, if that's what you're asking.

1 hour ago, onthesoi said:

If you weren't asking a question then why did you put a question mark at the end of your post?

----

Let me know if you need any further help understanding what you've written and I'll drop everything and come running :deadpan:

So he ended a sentence with "....,who knows? and you took that to be a question, to which you replied "lol, no", and you accuse him of not understanding what he's written???

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Friendly advise; save the rest of the bottle of Chang and get some sleep.

Edited by Becker

4 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Do you think that they may have been incited?  They were mowed down by a woman who was never charged, shot by the army who denied it, shot again by the army and again they denied it, they were forbidden the chance to speak about their cause, the press was forbidden from reporting on any incident involving them unless they gave the official line.  I don't doubt that they have been violent, but I do doubt the one sided story that has been told about them, as do the worlds press by the way.

No I don't think they were ever invited. 

They were formed specifically to be street thug stormtroopers and that's what they are. 

5 hours ago, onthesoi said:

----

Sorry, it was late.

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No I don't think they were ever invited. 

They were formed specifically to be street thug stormtroopers and that's what they are. 

They consisted of a great number of people recruited throughout the country, there were farmers, taxi drivers and university lecturers within those crowds that were attacked, your labelling of them as stormtroopers is presumably intended to justify their being attacked so harshly, as though stormtroopers are strong enough to withstand automatic gun fire.  They were actually people from Thailand, whereas stormtroopers are fictional characters from Starwars.  Anyway, how can anyone deny that shooting at people could not incite them to retaliate?  Ludicrous.

8 hours ago, Becker said:

I wrote one post about her statement, and one rebutting a similar comment to yours. NB: I did NOT criticise the UDD for not being elected, I stated what the ARE.

If you wish to refute that assessment, feel free. But note that the hypocrisy lies with those that accept the UDD's false claim to be some body trying to advance Thai democracy, rather than Shinawatra shills. I await the day of their court case, inexplicably further delayed.

Edited by halloween

9 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

They consisted of a great number of people recruited throughout the country, there were farmers, taxi drivers and university lecturers within those crowds that were attacked, your labelling of them as stormtroopers is presumably intended to justify their being attacked so harshly, as though stormtroopers are strong enough to withstand automatic gun fire.  They were actually people from Thailand, whereas stormtroopers are fictional characters from Starwars.  Anyway, how can anyone deny that shooting at people could not incite them to retaliate?  Ludicrous.

You need to learn more history. Google stormtroopers and you will see who I am comparing them to. 

The UDD stormtroopers are used by the puppet master to intimidate political opponents and are prone to violence when disagreed with. 

I call them stormtroopers because of their penchant for such violence. 

Edited by Bluespunk

On 8/18/2017 at 4:46 AM, Khun Han said:

I really am bemused by the 'side-taking' that foreigners do wrt Thai politics. There are no good guys. Geddit? None of them do what they do to help/save the country. They all  do it to get their hands in the honey pot, and for no other reason.

huh  ? try again bub , this time with out the foot in your mouth ....

8 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

storm troopers = starwars  ? dude read a book now and then . storm troopers were part of the German army , there sole purpose was to put down insurrection , ask the jews they were rounded up and sent to death camps  or the poles that were lined up  and slaughtered . kieran you have showed every one on tv how ill informed you truly are  , i wish you well in the fairy land your mind has you living in ,,,,the knife cuts both ways ,,,,

Edited by mikiea

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:46 AM, Khun Han said:

I really am bemused by the 'side-taking' that foreigners do wrt Thai politics. There are no good guys. Geddit? None of them do what they do to help/save the country. They all  do it to get their hands in the honey pot, and for no other reason.

Half the time its just fun,  nobody except a few from Thai side read TV,  so who gives a rats arse what U think.

13 hours ago, Becker said:

So he ended a sentence with "....,who knows? and you took that to be a question, to which you replied "lol, no", and you accuse him of not understanding what he's written???

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Friendly advise; save the rest of the bottle of Chang and get some sleep.

I don't drink alcohol ...but yes, question marks refer to questions ...who would have thunk it eh?

See this post for further details:

9 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Sorry, it was late.

---

Any further schooling on the rules of basic English punctuation will require payment in advance.

Edited by onthesoi

8 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

But democracy certainly was and by all accounts she was the last representative of a democratic system.

Not sure how true that is, given she was removed as a direct result of anti-government protests, it doesn't get any more democratic than that, it got so bad she was forced to call a snap election ..that was when she lost her grip,

The military only took control because Thailand was descending into chaos due to the Shinawatra family royally shitting the democratic bed.

You can read all about here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–2014_Thai_political_crisis