terminal D

madmax2

20 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Ok, so you did clear customs at Phuket. Check or not does not matter.

Your question has nothing to do with Kopitiam's question that Schlog and I just answered and really none of your business, but I will tell you it was more recent than 2013.

How are you cleared by customs if they do not stop you or check your luggage but just let you walk out of the terminal without clearing you or checking your luggage

This topic is about which terminal is D terminal anyway, and that's what i would still like to know

Do you know the answer or not??? 

37 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Your question has nothing to do with Kopitiam's question that Schlog and I just answered and really none of your business, but I will tell you it was more recent than 2013.

Must be hell having to do visa runs year after year

I only did one visa run about 11  years ago and that was enough for me

1 hour ago, schlog said:

I think the confusion is the result of the nearly invisible inactive customs at hkt in the old terminal. I also was never in 24 years there checked. In the new terminal 4 checks in only some month.

Once many years ago when going thru customs in Phuket they stopped me and put a stamp on my luggage tag but did not check the contents just waved me thru

That was the only time customs cleared me and my luggage and it was about 9 years ago and it has never happened again since then

I have only been checked and cleared properly in one country in my travels and it was not Thailand

Its good to hear that customs in Thailand are being more thorough in their checking of people and luggage, i think its something that should be done all done all the time, nothing to worry about if everything you are doing or carrying is legal in Thailand

12 hours ago, stevenl said:

Alright guys, this was what happened before the new terminal in Phuket was opened.  In 2015, I flew from Siem Reap to Phuket via BKK.  I cleared Immigration in BKK within the transit area.  When I arrived in Phuket I came out at the "Domestic" side but was directed to the "International" arrival to collect my luggage.  All this happened in one terminal.  Now we have 2 terminals, what will happen is anybody guess.

5 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

Alright guys, this was what happened before the new terminal in Phuket was opened.  In 2015, I flew from Siem Reap to Phuket via BKK.  I cleared Immigration in BKK within the transit area.  When I arrived in Phuket I came out at the "Domestic" side but was directed to the "International" arrival to collect my luggage.  All this happened in one terminal.  Now we have 2 terminals, what will happen is anybody guess.

No, not anybody's guess. As written earlier, immigration in Bangkok, luggage, customs and exit international.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

No, not anybody's guess. As written earlier, immigration in Bangkok, luggage, customs and exit international.

Correct when arriving, Clear immigration in BKK and on arrival in HKT you walk from domestic to International where you pick up your luggage and clear customs.

Be aware that from starting the new terminal they check a lot more of the arriving luggage (putting it through the scanner)

Departing you have most of the time 2 options.

Check in at Domestic and at BKK pick up your luggage and recheck in and do the immigration in BKK.

Check-in at International (check your luggage all the way to your final destination) and clear immigration in HKT and stay in transit in BKK.

Be aware that not all airlines allow this when you are separate tickets and on non partner airlines.

For example Bangkok Airline with not check your luggage to a international destination (unless on own airline or partner airline). but you have first to fly to BKK and with your luggage recheck in at BKK and do all formalities in BKK.

( See Bangkok  airways website http://www.bangkokair.com/pages/view/separate_ticket )

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

I hope they deploy staff to direct international arrivals to go to the correct place to collect their luggage because it is now at another terminal.  Not like the 20m at the old terminal.

On 8/19/2017 at 0:57 PM, schlog said:

I think the confusion is the result of the nearly invisible inactive customs at hkt in the old terminal. I also was never in 24 years there checked. In the new terminal 4 checks in only some month.

At the old international terminal you checked out thru the immigration desks then picked up you luggage and left the terminal

There was no row of customs desks to be processes thru, just a couple of people in IO uniform who stopped the occasional person and talked to them on the way out of the terminal every now and then

Sounds like at the new terminal you go thru the immigration desks and then proceed to the customs desks with X ray machines after picking up your luggage

If they operate like perth airport, while clearing immigration the officer will mark your passport with a letter (a,b,c etc) the customs officer inspects your passport and depending on what letter your passport is marked with you are told just to leave the airport or told to go to one of the customs desks and put your luggage thru the X ray machine and you are asked questions about your trip

Phuket airport is just catching up to other airports with their new terminal 

8 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

I hope they deploy staff to direct international arrivals to go to the correct place to collect their luggage because it is now at another terminal.  Not like the 20m at the old terminal.

Yes they do.

5 hours ago, madmax2 said:

At the old international terminal you checked out thru the immigration desks then picked up you luggage and left the terminal

There was no row of customs desks to be processes thru, just a couple of people in IO uniform who stopped the occasional person and talked to them on the way out of the terminal every now and then

Sounds like at the new terminal you go thru the immigration desks and then proceed to the customs desks with X ray machines after picking up your luggage

If they operate like perth airport, while clearing immigration the officer will mark your passport with a letter (a,b,c etc) the customs officer inspects your passport and depending on what letter your passport is marked with you are told just to leave the airport or told to go to one of the customs desks and put your luggage thru the X ray machine and you are asked questions about your trip

Phuket airport is just catching up to other airports with their new terminal 

Immigration does not mark your passport and customs does not check your passport.

It is basically the same as Suvarnabhumi airport.

First immigration then pick up your luggage and proceed to the exit.

Before the exit your have customs who pick out people for luggage x-ray inspection.

The only difference from before is that they now pick out almost everybody for x-ray inspection while before almost nobody was selected.

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, geoffphuket said:

My wife has the same question. Tomorrow she flies (Phuket) to Zurich via Suvarnabhumi. Her ticket says depart terminal 'D'. Does she check in at the International or the domestic? 

International T. when flight on 1 ticket, same airline, same alliance or luggage interlining.

So i guess she will be flying on TG to BKK and then with LX. --》International Terminal for check in.

5 hours ago, geoffphuket said:

My wife has the same question. Tomorrow she flies (Phuket) to Zurich via Suvarnabhumi. Her ticket says depart terminal 'D'. Does she check in at the International or the domestic? 

Terminal D is the domestic terminal. I have a flight from there next week then on to an international flight. I go through immigration at BKK after I check in with my international flight. My wife is on a different airline the next day with our dog. Same thing. Thai Airways domestic terminal D to BKK check the dog in and then go through immigration. Even Thais have to go through immigration both ways these days. But you should call your airlines just to confirm. 

Terminal D appears as a default even if you need to check in at International, which can be confusing.

As there's a walkway between the terminals now just ask before you join the queue for check-in and if you find out you're in the wrong terminal it's not a big problem.

Archived