Siam Commercial Bank Atm Charges

Every time i use my SCB ATM card I get hit for a charge of 20 Baht per hit! At first I put it down to cause I used another banks ATM but even at SCBs ATM machines the charges remain!

Is this normal for SCB if so are there any other banks that don't charge this ridiculous amount.

I may sound keeniow here but I've learned its wiser not to carry large amounts of cash around and that means semi regular trips to the ATM. So 20 baht per hit soon adds up.

What do the gurus and other expats think? Is this the norm or should I get my horse a-galloping to another bank???

Kasikorn Bank charges me 30 baht for withdrawal from other banks ATM's, but W/D from their own is free. As the above poster said, you must be in another province.

However, Thailand is not so bad, that you cannot carry, say 20,000 from an ATM back home once every two weeks is it?

Have to agree, as my US bank charges me 5 bucks plus currency fee for a withdrawl here in Thailand, SCB's inter province fee of 20 baht (slightly over 50 cents US) is pretty good. How many times a month do you use an ATM? If you are worried that 20 baht is adding up, you must be making a lot of very small withdrawls. Why not just make one 20k and be done with it?

TH

If you are being charged, as said, it is most likely because you are using a card from a bank branch in another city then where you are being charged.

As for "other bank" ATM use there is what is called an ATM Pool of the major banks and you should be able to use other member ATM without charge for first 3 transactions each month and after that the charge is 3 baht per transaction.

I have Bangkok Bank card and regularly use in SCB/TMB and other ATM with no charge here in Bangkok.