Flying Using Pink "No Thai" ID>

I used the pink ID card as my only ID at least 50 times on Thai Airways with nothing more than a glance at the card. Also many times on Air Asia & Nok.

Then I took a Thai Lion Air flight from Don Muang and was stopped at the gate because the back of the card stipulates that the holder can't leave their domiciled area without permission. I was about to cause a scene but quite quickly another gate agent looked at the card and determined by the ID number that it was ok for me to travel.

I thought the point of a domestic airline checking ID is to make sure that you are the person you say you are not to check immigration status. 

I would suggest that you call Thai Airways to explain the situation and if ok, fly with them. They are much less strict than the low-cost airlines with ticketing conditions etc.

2 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

I had already checked with the airline at the desk with the papers and they were confirmed ok and as mentioned he was not a problem. Previously his mum flew and got a letter. I checked that the same way before flying, no problem. This time the letter appeared exactly the same so I did not check. It did not emotion Bangkok so she could not fly.

I'm aware you didn't mentioned the infant as a problem – my reply was merely for another poster asking...:smile:

37 minutes ago, thedemon said:

I used the pink ID card as my only ID at least 50 times on Thai Airways with nothing more than a glance at the card. Also many times on Air Asia & Nok.

Then I took a Thai Lion Air flight from Don Muang and was stopped at the gate because the back of the card stipulates that the holder can't leave their domiciled area without permission. I was about to cause a scene but quite quickly another gate agent looked at the card and determined by the ID number that it was ok for me to travel.

I thought the point of a domestic airline checking ID is to make sure that you are the person you say you are not to check immigration status. 

I would suggest that you call Thai Airways to explain the situation and if ok, fly with them. They are much less strict than the low-cost airlines with ticketing conditions etc.

This was with Air Asia. I handed my ID  and my gf pink ID. She held up the pink ID and asked for something, I assumed the letter. When handed the letter she was happy and printed out the boarding passes for the 3 of us. But then for some reason she must have checked the letter, asked the person and the next counter and then made a phone call and talked a lot with my gf and then refused us. I explained that baby had a medical appointment next day in Bangkok but said thats the rules and she can't go.

7 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Unfortunately I don't think the Australia Government believes he is mine even though I provided them with a DNA test result. They want another one done in Australia with sampling to be done in Bangkok. Hence this situation.

I think if that is done he should be granted Australia Citizenship by Descent and then will be easy to get passport.

As soon as he has his Australian Citizenship, apply to have him put on Medicare, a mate of mine did this once his son was granted Australian Citizenship by decent, as the baby was born in Thailand.

No doubt the embassy will make things even more difficult for you, failing all of the above, you could try going in through the back on a boat, but then again who knows what deal they have done with what country to take you these days.

Sometimes being an Aussie can be a pain in the ass, especially when they are throwing money at ones that aren't and have never contributed to Australia, yes it sucks, hence one of the reasons I am here, getting off the merry-go-round was the best decision I ever made, 2nd to marrying my best mate, yes there are some good Thai gals out there, far and few between, but there are good ones out there, sorry for those who met the wrong ones though.

Edited by 4MyEgo

17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Sometimes being an Aussie can be a pain in the ass, especially when they are throwing money at ones that aren't and have never contributed to Australia

In the rules to have a test done for immigration purposes states:-

Costs for DNA testing Applicants for migrant visas or Australian citizenship by descent must pay the full costs for DNA testing. The department pays the full costs of DNA testing for refugee visa applicants.

So exactly what you are saying. They list 8 labs you can have it done in Australia all of which are about the same cost which is another rip off. Cost for Peace of Mind DNA test is about $300. Double that to $600 if it is a legal test required for any courts, etc. If for immigration like what I need, double that again to $1200.

Then add the costs of travelling to and staying in Bangkok. In Bangkok they use Global Doctors to do the sampling which is simply two swabs taken from inside the mouth of myself and my baby. Cost for this?.......4500 baht each or 9000 baht total, no discount for second or subsequent sample. 

Add all this and costs become significant.

I have ask to have sampling done in Chiang Mai say at a reusable international hospital such as RAM Hospital. Can not do.

17 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Do you know if done for travel by train?

I have traveled CM to Bangkok by car several times never been stopped at normal police checkpoints. Once by train didnt even see a policeman

12 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Don't know if not going to Bangkok was good or not but baby was admitted to ICU at Chiang Mai RAM Hospital last night with pneumonia and infection.

Surley the Australian Embassy can see the situation with your baby. There must be a compasionate case for tests to be done there. Contact your Embassy failing that your state govener or whatever it is you have there. Failing all that a good daily paper in Australia with a story of a very ill baby and an uncaring goverment.

48 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Surley the Australian Embassy can see the situation with your baby. There must be a compasionate case for tests to be done there. Contact your Embassy failing that your state govener or whatever it is you have there. Failing all that a good daily paper in Australia with a story of a very ill baby and an uncaring goverment.

I have sent them several emails explaining the situation. I also have written to the Minister for Immigration in Australia but no flexibility. 

My next is like what you suggest and contact the current affairs programs on the main Australian TV channels.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I have sent them several emails explaining the situation. I also have written to the Minister for Immigration in Australia but no flexibility. 

My next is like what you suggest and contact the current affairs programs on the main Australian TV channels.

Yes a good baby story against a stupid system really moves things along good luck. Best wishes for Baby boy/girl? How is he/she doing please keep us informed.

14 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

In the rules to have a test done for immigration purposes states:-

Costs for DNA testing Applicants for migrant visas or Australian citizenship by descent must pay the full costs for DNA testing. The department pays the full costs of DNA testing for refugee visa applicants.

So exactly what you are saying. They list 8 labs you can have it done in Australia all of which are about the same cost which is another rip off. Cost for Peace of Mind DNA test is about $300. Double that to $600 if it is a legal test required for any courts, etc. If for immigration like what I need, double that again to $1200.

Then add the costs of travelling to and staying in Bangkok. In Bangkok they use Global Doctors to do the sampling which is simply two swabs taken from inside the mouth of myself and my baby. Cost for this?.......4500 baht each or 9000 baht total, no discount for second or subsequent sample. 

Add all this and costs become significant.

I have ask to have sampling done in Chiang Mai say at a reusable international hospital such as RAM Hospital. Can not do.

Just about sums it up doesn't it, suffice to say the further away from Australia I can be, and deal less with their bureaucracy, the better I am.

Best of luck.