Ford Scheduled Service Costs

Henryford

On 26/08/2017 at 2:21 PM, Kwasaki said:

:biggrin:  Ok but seriously what l meant about warranty is l can't remember at anytime using it on any new car within 3 years.

My dealer replaced several items under warranty. A hydraulic master cylinder that was leaking a bit. The whole brake assembly on one of the wheels. Some small pipe on the motor that I cant exactly remember. And the driver's airbag and part of the indicator mechanism on the steering wheel (these last two were a recall and actually happened after the 3-year warranty).

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

My dealer replaced several items under warranty. A hydraulic master cylinder that was leaking a bit. The whole brake assembly on one of the wheels. Some small pipe on the motor that I cant exactly remember. And the driver's airbag and part of the indicator mechanism on the steering wheel (these last two were a recall and actually happened after the 3-year warranty).

Keeping it Ford-related: No warranty work and only a single recall issue during the 2011-14 Ranger 2.2 ownership. I also replaced the sh!t OEM battery at my own cost. Had a couple of warranty jobs done since 2014 with the current Ranger 3.2 as well as one other recall issue. Note that all the recall issues were dealt with during a standard dealership service. I also replaced the sh!t OEM battery on this one at my cost as well. Of the two warranty jobs, I spotted the first one (leaking front drive shaft boot seal) and the warranty repair was done by appointment about a week later and took about 4 hours. The second one was the 'infamous' engine/transmission seal leak that the less enlightened like to call "gushing". I was made aware of the "fine, 10mm wide film of dust on the glacially slow oil weep" through an online owners forum. I fitted that warranty job around my busy schedule but parts and an appointment were initially available within 10 days. They said it would take 3-5 days but they needed all 5 in the end and they did leave a window open in the rain while it was 'stacked' outside the back of the shop between tasks.  Took care of the mushrooms under the carper myself the next day (when looking for the stink!) but when Ford Bangkok called me to follow up on the job, I did mention that it took too long and the window incident. Apologies accepted so we will see what happens if/when there's a next time. I have relocated recently so will be using the dealership I purchased from (different from the one that did ALL the above, including getting me started on mushroom farming).

Summary: 2 recalls, 2 warranty jobs and 2 dud batteries over a grand total of 6 years and ~140,000 km. My out-of-pocket expenses were ~8000 baht (2 x batteries) and ~5000 baht for a rental during the 5-day warranty job.

Edited by NanLaew

On 8/27/2017 at 3:21 PM, madmax2 said:

6.5m for a Fiesta, 650K was to much to pay, a friend paid over 700 k for their Fiesta in 2012 and wished they had never bought it

I paid 617k for my top of the range Titanium Fiesta and i still think that was a good buy (maintenance costs notwithstanding). Far better car for that money than anything else around at the time.

We've just paid 6.046B for a service on our Fiesta at Ford Phuket, the car had 66,715 on the clock.

Two new pipes for the radiator , a new radiator that took over six and a half weeks to be delivered from God knows where and the switch for the passenger window fixing total 15.787B.

It's never ending, I will NEVER buy another Ford again!:bah:

Went to pick the car up after all that time, it had not been cleaned, oil finger marks all over the place and there was hardly any air in the tires. Totally unprofessional and disgusting service.

1 hour ago, Goldieinkathu said:

We've just paid 6.046B for a service on our Fiesta at Ford Phuket, the car had 66,715 on the clock.

Two new pipes for the radiator , a new radiator that took over six and a half weeks to be delivered from God knows where and the switch for the passenger window fixing total 15.787B.

It's never ending, I will NEVER buy another Ford again!:bah:

Went to pick the car up after all that time, it had not been cleaned, oil finger marks all over the place and there was hardly any air in the tires. Totally unprofessional and disgusting service.

Yup, proper bunch of highwaymen down there.