Interpol issues “Blue Notice” to member countries to locate Red Bull heir

snoop1130

21 hours ago, midas said:

I bet they would issue a red notice if someone was on the run after being caught picking mushrooms in a protected forest

what a crazy screwed up justice system this is:crying:

I believe there is a red notice out for the 69 yo dear who skipped out of the country when the others were rounded up for playing snap....!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, marquis22 said:

I believe there is a red notice out for the 69 yo dear who skipped out of the country when the others were rounded up for playing snap....!

Is this supposed to be satire? Or is it simply a lie?

On 22/08/2017 at 9:45 PM, 4MyEgo said:

That's a long time i.e. 2027 for the worst and last charge, I am hopeful he will be extradited, but will probably walk free from the Thai courts due to a technicality ?

A multi million baht technicality. 

17 hours ago, JRUSA said:

Sarcasm, alas, again we miss the.

indeed indeed, in the RBS discussion the victim gets barely mentioned so I thought I explain. 
In any case I am regularly sending congratulations to the RB champ on his achievements for the RedBull racing team, and in the same message remind him that the sponsors of the team are guilty of defending a "Hit and Run" driver, so he should be ashamed to work for them.

I'll bet the money he & family are paying their lawyers far exceeds  any fine he would receive here, even if convicted, he has the right to make bail so he can submit an appeal and that can take years & years to go thru the courts.  and by the time the family is through with the cops family, it will turn out to be "an act of self defense"  on the kids' part.  They will turn it into the officer atacked the car with his motorcycle or something like that...............the Land of Smiles runs on bribery, extortion, and who can pay the highest $$ amount.  

Blue notice actually only means that they are gathering information on his where about's and movements not actually an arrest warrant or on a wanted list (Interpols red notice list). 

One must conclude that the Thai Authorities are working with The accused Lawyers to best delay the action of full arrest yet satisfy Thai Media interests. 

RE: Extradition document filed yet conveniently missing the VIP details of his exact location, leading to a delay, which leads to this information gathering aspect fo Interpol blue notice one wonders if he will now seek to gain a passport or long term residency in a country with no extradition policy with Thailand or one (if possible) that is not part of Interpol. 

Any chess players willing to guess the next move? 

4 hours ago, DerekMarshall said:

Blue notice actually only means that they are gathering information on his where about's and movements not actually an arrest warrant or on a wanted list (Interpols red notice list). 

One must conclude that the Thai Authorities are working with The accused Lawyers to best delay the action of full arrest yet satisfy Thai Media interests. 

RE: Extradition document filed yet conveniently missing the VIP details of his exact location, leading to a delay, which leads to this information gathering aspect fo Interpol blue notice one wonders if he will now seek to gain a passport or long term residency in a country with no extradition policy with Thailand or one (if possible) that is not part of Interpol. 

Any chess players willing to guess the next move? 

By the time they report his whereabouts on a Blue notice, he will probably have moved on to his next "recreational resort" - F1 Grand Prix, or some other "jet set hideaway".

"Excuse me Sir, we'll have to report in the next few days that you are here - just saying!"

Edited by sambum

Thai police say Interpol has issued notice for Red Bull heir

• By JERRY HARMER, ASSOCIATED PRESS
  •  

BANGKOK — Aug 28, 2017, 9:53 AM ET

Thai police spokesman Col. Krissana Pattanacharoen said Monday that his department had been notified by the international police network of the "Red Notice," a worldwide request to find and provisionally arrest an individual, pending extradition.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/thai-police-interpol-issued-notice-red-bull-heir-49463488

Red Notice?

19 minutes ago, hathairat2711 said:

Thai police say Interpol has issued notice for Red Bull heir

• By JERRY HARMER, ASSOCIATED PRESS
  •  

BANGKOK — Aug 28, 2017, 9:53 AM ET

Thai police spokesman Col. Krissana Pattanacharoen said Monday that his department had been notified by the international police network of the "Red Notice," a worldwide request to find and provisionally arrest an individual, pending extradition.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/thai-police-interpol-issued-notice-red-bull-heir-49463488

Red Notice?

Little problem, they haven't!

Unfortunately they seem to forget that people with even semi functioning frontal lobes can actually check their BS.

Go to the Interpol red Notice website and do a search...yep you guessed it, ain't there!

https://www.interpol.int/notice/search/wanted

Maybe they couldn't find anyone to translate Blue and Red into English...easy mistake

Edited by GinBoy2

20 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Little problem, they haven't!

Unfortunately they seem to forget that people with even semi functioning frontal lobes can actually check their BS.

Go to the Interpol red Notice website and do a search...yep you guessed it, ain't there!

And, of course, all websites are immediately updated every time something changes.

Take time before you jump to conclusions.

12 minutes ago, Oxx said:

And, of course, all websites are immediately updated every time something changes.

Take time before you jump to conclusions.

At a guess I would say that the Interpol website is the means that notices are delivered to police departments around the world.  So, that if the Red Notice is not available on the website, it doesn't exist.

15 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

At a guess I would say that the Interpol website is the means that notices are delivered to police departments around the world

It is not.  From the Interpol website:

"Only those notices approved for public dissemination appear on this website (the full list of Notices is available to authorized users via INTERPOL's Information System)."

I could also speculate that there may be reasons for delaying publication of a red notice on the website:  if a local police force knows or can quickly find a wanted individual, they could pick him/her up before the person is alerted by the website and potentially flees the country.

Edited by Oxx

A Blue Notice is worthless. To quote Blue Notice: To locate, identify or obtain information on a person of interest in a criminal investigation.

Only the RED notice counts. RED notice says:

To seek the location and arrest of a person wanted by a judicial jurisdiction or an international tribunal with a view to his/her extradition.

Key word "extradition". The money has been paid and there will be no extraction and that will be the end of the chase. 
BOY...... you are free as a bird.

A lot of birds in Thailand would disagree with you...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Interpol's database is constantly updated, so they say. It has been some time since the Thai police sought a blue notice, yet there is no record of it. However, countries seeking a red or blue notice can request that the information be restricted -- this from Interpol's website: " If no Red Notice is published, this is either because one has not been requested or issued for that person, or the requesting country has asked that it be restricted to law enforcement use only."

Once again the RTP is being parsimonious with its information. 

10 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Interpol's database is constantly updated, so they say. It has been some time since the Thai police sought a blue notice, yet there is no record of it. However, countries seeking a red or blue notice can request that the information be restricted -- this from Interpol's website: " If no Red Notice is published, this is either because one has not been requested or issued for that person, or the requesting country has asked that it be restricted to law enforcement use only."

Once again the RTP is being parsimonious with its information. 

And the reason was quite logically given. If you were a multi-billionaire on the run, would you have someone checking the site or not?

22 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

The website as far as I can see only covers Red Notices, so you wouldn't expect to see the older Blue Notice there.

And "constantly updated" doesn't mean "real time".  The Notice may appear there in a few days', or a few weeks' delay.

I think he will come back soon. He will have a better life coming back and facing justice in Thailand than resigning himself to living overseas for the next decade. 

Anna Reese got a two year suspended term for killing a cop, he would be far better of taking his 'chances' over here and finishing this whole saga althogether rather than having it run and run. 

I am sure they could see that he get a suitably soft sentance, suspended, fine and community service and then move on with his life all of thia forgotten.

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I think he will come back soon. He will have a better life coming back and facing justice in Thailand than resigning himself to living overseas for the next decade. 

Anna Reese got a two year suspended term for killing a cop, he would be far better of taking his 'chances' over here and finishing this whole saga althogether rather than having it run and run. 

I am sure they could see that he get a suitably soft sentance, suspended, fine and community service and then move on with his life all of thia forgotten.

Hmmm, forgotten until you fill in a visa application. People have been refused for less.

5 minutes ago, halloween said:

Hmmm, forgotten until you fill in a visa application. People have been refused for less.

I think he we rather be here and not go anywhere than outside the country.

In addition i am sure someone with his means could get plenty of visa after having served 'punishment' for hia crime.

3 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Thaksin has been abroad now for more than 10 years.  Do you expect him to come back soon and face justice soon?

When you're very wealthy exile is hardly onerous.