BBC journalist on trial for Thailand crime reporting

webfact

2 hours ago, Nook225 said:

Mr.Head, Sir, just leave it. It is totally hopeless.

No way the BBC should get out of the country and stop wasting British tax payers money employing staff there many local, then start reporting events properly like they do in India and other countries. At the moment they just have a short story once ever two months or so and not worth the investment required.

BBC needs to get out of there and start reporting facts and how dangerous it is and start protecting the UK people by informing them of the facts, sod the CCa and what the PM thinks there do what you are paid to do guys as you get £155.00 from every house, flat, and many businesses in the UK. Do your job and start protecting people like Ian and Colin as he they had known about the corruption they probably would not have ever gone there in the first place. Its time to Leave.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All charges to Jonathan Head and Ian Rance has been dropped. 

This is one big milestone for Thailand to become a fair state. 

I hope there is more to come.

16 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Trump has just cancelled all visas for Cambodians as Cambodia will not accept deportees from the US.

That means Cambodian criminals and overstayers cannot be sent back to Cambodia and thus become a burden in the US.

They only understand the big stick. 

:clap2:

I don't disagree, but should that be a reply to my comment, not a separate post?

:drunk:

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:46 AM, darksidedog said:

Unbelievable case. The lawyer is an out and out crook, yet amazingly, it is the person who reports his theft and criminality who ends up in the dock. Andy Hall and Andrew Drummond have also been on the receiving end of this most insane legislation. Good luck Jonathan.

Yep, but the BBC guy "hurt" the fellow's practice.  Sick reversal I agree.

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:53 PM, cyberfarang said:

Of course not, does anyone really expect the corrupt activities of this lawyer will be brought to light in a court of law.

They know that taking on a huge worldwide news media like the BBC, will expose the whole rotten business and who is involved in these rings of corruption. Better to just drop the matter and try to sweep it under the carpet.

Sadly - corruption and crime are so endemic, far-reaching and entrenched in the Thai psyche that cases like this (important as they are) are just a 'drop in the ocean'. What it needs is a concerted and relentless effort by the international press (including the BBC) and on social media to expose the very real and serious dangers of buying property here in Thailand. How vulnerable and unprotected foreign investors are and how extremely difficult it is to achieve justice should things go wrong.

Unfortunately and for whatever reasons, the press have not really done enough in this respect - and truthfully, it is only because Mr Head ended up in court himself that this story received such extensive coverage. (I have personally contacted Mr Head, the BBC, the Guardian et al on numerous occasions regarding an extremely large and cruel property scam my wife and I and many others are victims of - and received virtually no response). Hopefully this case may lead to a harder stance towards Thailand's appalling record on property scams - especially as Thailand wishes to promote itself as a desirable destination for property investors.

Edited by gios50hk

5 minutes ago, gios50hk said:

Sadly - corruption and crime are so endemic, far-reaching and entrenched in the Thai psyche that cases like this (important as they are) are just a 'drop in the ocean'. What it needs is a concerted and relentless effort by the international press (including the BBC) and on social media to expose the very real and serious dangers of buying property here in Thailand. How vulnerable and unprotected foreign investors are and how extremely difficult it is to achieve justice should things go wrong.

Unfortunately and for whatever reasons, the press have not really done enough in this respect - and truthfully, it is only because Mr Head ended up in court himself that this story received such extensive coverage. (I have personally contacted Mr Head, the BBC, the Guardian et al on numerous occasions regarding an extremely large and cruel property scam my wife and I and many others are victims of - and received virtually no response) Hopefully this case may lead to a harder stance towards Thailand's appalling record on property scams - especially as Thailand wishes to promote itself as a desirable destination for property investors.

especially as Thailand wishes to promote itself as a desirable destination for property investors "

Not only property investors either. There must be a huge question mark hanging over any business activity here that requires investment. In a country that requires a Thai majority regarding the ownership of virtually everything, the cards are already horribly stacked against you as a foreigner but then on top of that you wouldn't even be able to rely on the court system to deliver an impartial verdict in any dispute.

Better off keeping your hard earned assets in countries that have meaningful justice systems and just bringing enough money here to enjoy yourself:smile:

On 23/08/2017 at 0:59 PM, onthesoi said:

All western countries have defamation/libel laws, including the UK where the BBC adhere to the letter, but they come to Thailand and think they are above the law.

JH is a professional Thai basher... So som nom na!

Not the same at all.  It's a criminal offence here not a civil one. In Thailand it doesn't matter if what you're saying is the truth skewness it does. 

Best advice I ever got for LOS was just rent everything and do not buy anything you are not prepared to walk away from, I love the place but there is no way I would want my money ''Thai-ed up'' here lol... You would be Nutz

On 8/24/2017 at 7:01 PM, wakeupplease said:

No way the BBC should get out of the country and stop wasting British tax payers money employing staff there many local, then start reporting events properly like they do in India and other countries. At the moment they just have a short story once ever two months or so and not worth the investment required.

BBC needs to get out of there and start reporting facts and how dangerous it is and start protecting the UK people by informing them of the facts, sod the CCa and what the PM thinks there do what you are paid to do guys as you get £155.00 from every house, flat, and many businesses in the UK. Do your job and start protecting people like Ian and Colin as he they had known about the corruption they probably would not have ever gone there in the first place. Its time to Leave.

Well said and true, the UK has now put in place,just like the German government, laws to stop you 'publicly' saying what you think, no need to be derogative or nasty, just a little thing like saying what you think of the mess the UK is turning into because of the people that will never integrate because of their beliefs now infesting it like a plague of locusts and most living for free,the BBC are through the  tax they levy on TV users, advocating it at every chance, the UK is going backwards,not Thailand.

On 24.8.2017 at 5:10 AM, Old Croc said:

Have you actually read the facts of the case?

This guy didn't put the properties in the wife's name, but used the limited company method to buy and keep control of his assets.  The crimes committed against him involved the illegal transfer of the titles into the wife's name assisted by the plaintive and a number of unnamed criminal elements. (use your imagination as to their professions) 

From the OP article:

Vent about people who use this method to hold property in Thailand if you must, but at least get your facts right.

that is the pure proove of real love in thailand...forge signature...cheat ur husbandout of his assets...  etc etc... the whole story is on u tube... but this  is only the peak of an iceberg...