Illegal sections of controversial Phuket property being demolished

webfact

Illegal sections of controversial Phuket property being demolished

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1503552017_1-org.jpg

Illegal sections of the controversial buildings along the Krathing Cape coastal road in Nai Harn are being removed, officials have confirmed. Photo: Rawai Municipality

PHUKET: -- It has been confirmed today that sections of the controversial Krathing Cape property which have deemed to be illegal by officials are now in the process of being demolished.

Speaking to The Phuket News today (Aug 24), Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos said, “Having checked with public work officials, I can confirm the illegal parts of the buildings are being demolished.

“That is the only thing they are allowed do. The construction company is not to continue with construction of the property following our order to implement new plans. I can confirm that since that time no further construction has taken place,” Mayor Arron said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/illegal-sections-of-controversial-phuket-property-being-demolished-63586.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-08-24

37 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

They are using man power and tools to tear this eyesore down. As it is on a corner of a road, surely sending a few busses past it will have the inevitable desired effect when something fails.

Man power and power tools it way for a part demolition. They are not tearing down the entire building, only the illegal additions.

You obviously have not been along that road. I doubt the hotel would allow large coaches under the hotel tunnel onto that dead end road.

13 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Man power and power tools it way for a part demolition. They are not tearing down the entire building, only the illegal additions.

You obviously have not been along that road. I doubt the hotel would allow large coaches under the hotel tunnel onto that dead end road.

The road no longer goes under the hotel. The new owner had to reroute the road to the ocean side of the hotel. But yes, it still is a very narrow road that dead ends into Ban Krating Resort with no place for a bus to turn around. I had read years ago that the hotel encroaches on the King's land as well as the place I think called On The Rocks next to it. Rawai officials, as well as other city officials, are being blinded by money when it comes to construction along the coast.

Edited by Jimi007

54 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Lol.... I don't even take my car up there... the concrete trucks must have loved it

I doubt a concrete mixer truck could make it up there either. I never saw one. They usually mix it on site around here it seems, unless it's a big project. Have you seem the other development up the road from Ao Sane, before Ban Krating? That place looks like some serious money! But at least it's on the other side of the road.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Krathing Cape property which have deemed to be illegal by officials are now in the process of being demolished.

Thanks to public complaints. The authorities on their own were apparently, to be kind, clueless.

1 hour ago, Jimi007 said:

I doubt a concrete mixer truck could make it up there either. I never saw one. They usually mix it on site around here it seems, unless it's a big project. Have you seem the other development up the road from Ao Sane, before Ban Krating? That place looks like some serious money! But at least it's on the other side of the road.

Obviously I'm going to have to go for a ride tomorrow... I love the beach restaurant half way to B Krating (Ao Sane ?), so two birds with one stone ?