Thai-British actress 'Anna Reese' warns against drunk driving

webfact

'Anna Reese' warns against drunk driving

By The Nation

1a85826aa6b3f5b31a306f78a596158f-sld.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Thai-British model and actress Anna Hamblaouris, who killed a policeman in a road accident in 2015 and was arrested in May for another drunk-driving incident in which she crashed into another car in Bangkok, has warned people not to drive under the influence of alcohol. 

The 30-year-old actress, who is well known in Thailand as “Anna Reese”, made the comments on Thursday at 11am when she met with officials at the Probation Department about performing her court-ordered social service.

Thirty-six hours of social service was part of the sentence given to her for the May incident along with a suspended three-year jail term, a Bt20,000 fine and suspension of her driver’s licence for two years.

Probation Department director-general Pol Colonel Narat Sawetnant said Anna, a repeated offender, would be monitored closely and she must present herself to the probation office four times during the next year.

She is also required to undergo four training sessions on traffic laws and road safety. Narat added that Anna had chosen to perform the social service via blood donations and working with the Poh Teck Tung Foundation, which helps the poor. 

Anna said she continued to sometimes drink alcohol to relax her when at home, but she warned people to abide by the law and not to drive under the influence.

She added that the second offence had made her more careful and self-aware.

For the first crash in 2015, Anna was sentenced to a two-year suspended jail term, fined Bt10,000 and ordered to do 24 hours of social service.

“When you do that and cause an accident, it won’t end there,” she said. “In my case I lost everything including my future [in entertainment and acting] and reputation.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30324773

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-24

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Thai-British model and actress Anna Hamblaouris, who killed a policeman in a road accident in 2015 and was arrested in May for another drunk-driving incident in which she crashed into another car in Bangkok, has warned people not to drive under the influence of alcohol

Why not? There doesn't seem to be any consequences for it.

The number 1 reason I don't drink & drive isn't because I'm scared of a big fine or getting into trouble with the law - it's because I might hurt or even kill someone. If you don't care about that, crack on. Just be ready to pay the money and sell your soul on camera. 

She's an absolute piece of s***. 

Edited by rkidlad

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

. “In my case I lost everything including my future [in entertainment and acting] and reputation.”

What a bloody shame for her! 

Where is the statement of remorse for the loss of life of the Police Offficer.

Self centred ................

She got drunk and killed someone whilst driving, and if that wasn't bad enough, went drink driving again.

Anything she says cannot be trusted as she's shown what kind of person she is: one that gets drunk, kills someone and continues to drink and drive.

She shouldn't have done it the first time, she shouldn't have done it the second time, so why should anyone listen to her now?

Nothing she can ever do will bring back that life she took. She needs to shut her mouth.

Edited by Squeegee

It seems like this woman is a prime advocate FOR drink driving in Thailand. She has basically shown that the consequences are negligible, and that if u drive a better than average motor you're basically free to do as you want as long as you're happy to share out a few baht if your recklessness ends up killing someone.

This <deleted> needs to drag her ugly carcass back under a rock again ?

11 minutes ago, Squeegee said:

She got drunk and killed someone whilst driving, and if that wasn't bad enough, went drink driving again.

Anything she says cannot be trusted as she's shown what kind of person she is: one that gets drunk, kills someone and continues to drink and drive.

She shouldn't have done it the first time, she shouldn't have done it the second time, so why should anyone listen to her now?

Nothing she can ever do will bring back that life she took. She needs to shut her mouth.

And then she has the gall to try to tell others how to behavior - spew.

What rubbish.

Gets a suspended sentence in 2015, commits another crime and doesn't get jail time? Did she commit the second offence after the 2015 ended or while still in effect?

Stupid cow. If she gets into a third drink driving offence, I hope the only people she hurts or kills is herself.

4 minutes ago, ezflip said:

I guess this is what they meant by "Amazing Thailand". Where cop-killers can walk away somewhat freely if they fit certain conditions...

Correct, well connected or a would be if you could be actress, of course looks and tits make a difference as well. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

For the first crash in 2015, Anna was sentenced to a two-year suspended jail term, fined Bt10,000 and ordered to do 24 hours of social service.

Just goes to show what a RTP officers life is worth, absolutely disgusting, so she gets a 2nd chance and hits a car under the influence, luckily no one was killed this time and she gets a 20,000 baht fine and community service and a two year suspended license, crying that she also lost her career, "despicable whore", the judge that is !

Edited by 4MyEgo

4 hours ago, Light bob said:

Meanwhile the Red Bull heir is still on the loose

So is she. The following quotes are examples of the law for the hi-so.

This was for killing a policeman when she was under the influence.

Thirty-six hours of social service was part of the sentence given to her for the May incident along with a suspended three-year jail term, a Bt20,000 fine and suspension of her driver’s licence for two years.

Bt30,000 in fines, 4 days community service, two suspended jail terms, loss of licence for 2 yrs.

I'm sure she parted with A LOT more than the 30,000. It's a disgrace.

I have to blast this twit. How dare she have the right to warn us of drink driving. She already killed some one, got hardly any punishment, now again drinks and drives and has the gall to warn us. We know you idiot. It's you that doesn't. You should be jailed for breaching your pathetic punishment. And good, hope you lost your career and your so called good name.....  you killed some one, they lost their life moron. 

there may be some expats that like the los because they know they can drink and drive and for a donation to the authorities be off the hook just as the actress was.

responsible drinking and driving for alcoholics is a very challenging concept

Who is she?

I mean, I know what she did, but she's an actress? I've never seen or heard of her in my entire life.....

Must be one of those "arty" Bangkok "hobbyists"  - ie practically every Thai who calls themselves an artist, but is sitting comfortably on mummy daddy's money and would never get a job in showbiz outside of Thailand....

5 hours ago, z42 said:

It seems like this woman is a prime advocate FOR drink driving in Thailand. She has basically shown that the consequences are negligible, and that if u drive a better than average motor you're basically free to do as you want as long as you're happy to share out a few baht if your recklessness ends up killing someone.

This <deleted> needs to drag her ugly carcass back under a rock again ?

She is just a despicable, talent-less P.O.S.

I am kind of hoping for the "headline: Thai -British actress's body found in 13 pieces,

RTP confirm suicide/accident/karma/ who cares?