Anyone thinking about a trip to Thailand?But still not sure.

chaiyapoon

Hi, been coming to Thailand for nearly 15 years now. Most trips are several months long and more often these days are November through April avoiding the Uk winters.I have a flat in Pattaya and a house out in the sticks east of Bangkok not far from Khao Yai national park.Thailand has given me a lot over the years.

I'm in England at the moment and look round at guys around my age (Late 50s to late 60s) who look like all they have left is waiting to die so I was wondering if there were any older guy lurking on here who would like to make the trip but lack the confidence or knowledge or or are just uncertain if it was for them? You don't know what you are missing.

If anyone would like help with arranging a trip or even meeting up here or in Thailand or even going as far as traveling together this late October early November ( will be booking air tickets in next few weeks) I would be pleased to help. I have travelled all over Thailand except the Deep South and know Pattaya like the back of my hand. I am not a smoker or a serious drinker but know all the good clubs,bars and nightlife as well as the best value restaurants.I have 2 and 4 wheeled transport and use a motorcycle in Pattaya to get around the traffic. But my main love is still off-road motorcycling in the hills.

l have been on Thaivisa since the early days and know this offer will be seen by some of the posters as an opportunity to criticize my motives but it just I want help others see that there is still lots of fun and joy left even if no longer young.

PM me if interested

5 hours ago, champers said:

Fair play to you chaiyapoon. You are perhaps a bit too brave for your own good. I would limit myself to giving help and advice via this forum; the idea of babysitting a complete stranger has zero appeal.

Yep there are some weird people in the world... just advice, and get a beer should be max

If you "click" then you can nurture your relationship... who knows, maybe you will find a gay side inside you

Joking aside, you wouldn't ask a girl on dating site to go with you to Thailand either

Edited by JohnLick

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:15 AM, champers said:

Fair play to you chaiyapoon. You are perhaps a bit too brave for your own good. I would limit myself to giving help and advice via this forum; the idea of babysitting a complete stranger has zero appeal.

Not to mention the possibility of being banged up for operating as an illegal tour guide.

I'd love to do what the OP wants to do, but life is precarious enough here, for all the reasons most expats know about, but I'm not going to put out on here.

People have been coming to Thailand by the millions for decades. The internet gives a helping hand, but mostly it's either just the easy package tour or working it out for oneself.

Has the OP considered applying to a British travel company to work as an approved guide?

Edited by thaibeachlovers