Thailand's former PM Yingluck fled to Dubai - senior party members

rooster59

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, eggers said:

Reported was assisted to leave country by Gov't, to avoid possible problems if found guilty & jailed...

Despite Gov't trying to seize assets....will be mostly empty property, as all other assets were liquidated & proceeds 'spirited' O/S in past mths!! 

Now both Thaksin & Yingluck done a runner, doubt will ever be brought to justice!!

Would seem the Shinawatra rein in Thailand has finished & Pheu Thai party will struggle to survive, as supporters will feel cheated & let down by this criminal pair they trusted!!

Their followers must feel stupid now, for believing all the lies they were told.

8 hours ago, z42 said:

So many detractors of the current regime seem to think their blatant corruption and outright criminal behaviour makes Tingluck some kind of heroine.

It simply doesn't stack up imho, she was negligent in performing the role of PM and was little more than a puppet for her criminal brother Thaksin.

The fact she ran says a lot about her moral courage. On more than 1 occasion she claimed she would be ready to die for democracy, yet at the first sign of a major hurdle she bolted off to join her criminal brother.

The disgusting nature of Prayuth's govt is undeniable. However YS has shown her true colours here. 

Thailand has some wonderful young figures such as Netiwit, Ja new, Pai Dao Din and others.. What potential Thailand could meet if people like that got a real platform to make a difference. The shin rein is over, but a whole population will now be looking for new faces. I would prefer to be hopeful than cynical for the next chapter

Actually as far as I know there is still not a single shread of evidence Yingluck was corrupt or benefited from corruption. 

There was no question about she receiving a fair trail,  it was a political witch hunt, nothing more and nothing less. 

I am surpirsed she waited this long. But in any case, she gained massive face in my book, she made the Junta look like utter fools, by simply sneaking out. Hillarious nothing more and nothing less. Meanwhile Thailand is still stuck with a bunch of unelected clowns, that are literally above the law, and can never be held accountable. I am hard pressed to see any improvement compared to the time she was in office, quite the opposite really....

5 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Where did I say I condoned it?

Try again.

I was one of Thaksin's biggest detractors at the time for many of his policies including this one. 

Really? What user name were you using then? Or is that Thaksin's policies AFTER August 2016?

1 minute ago, halloween said:

You recall him starting politics already a billionaire, with money stolen from the Thai people.  Why don't you recall where those billions came from?

Oh grow up.We all know Thaksin changed the rules to suit his interests but his ethics were no different from the Sino Thai business tycoons that backed the yellow mobs and the Junta's coup.Thaksin was at least an astute businessmen who acquired a fortune flogging mainframes to the RTP before multiplying his wealth in telecoms.But he did not steal billions from the Thai people and his wealth at least is explainable.This doesn't absolve his corruption but don't cloud the issue by silly bar talk.If you want to go after unexplained and unusual wealth there are plenty of army top brass generals to go after.

2 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Oh grow up.We all know Thaksin changed the rules to suit his interests but his ethics were no different from the Sino Thai business tycoons that backed the yellow mobs and the Junta's coup.Thaksin was at least an astute businessmen who acquired a fortune flogging mainframes to the RTP before multiplying his wealth in telecoms.But he did not steal billions from the Thai people and his wealth at least is explainable.This doesn't absolve his corruption but don't cloud the issue by silly bar talk.If you want to go after unexplained and unusual wealth there are plenty of army top brass generals to go after.

No Jayboy, you don't understand, Halloween is a little bit gullible, and believes the army are the good guys. Don't try reality, it does not work with gullible people...

The accusation that Thaksin stole money from the Thai people is hillarious considering the people currently running the show. But now it's no questions about asset declarations or else...

AUGUST 26, 2017 / 5:52 PM / 20 MINUTES AGO

Yingluck's flight provides Thai junta welcome way out

Amy Sawitta Lefevre and Panu Wongcha-um

5 MIN READ

•  
  •  

BANGKOK/KHON KAEN (Reuters) - Thailand’s generals could hardly have planned it better.

The flight of ousted prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra before a court verdict for negligence leaves the populist movement that has dominated Thai politics for a generation leaderless and in despair.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-politics-yingluck-flight-idUSKCN1B60D1?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FworldNews+(Reuters+World+News)

Edited by hathairat2711

Just now, jayboy said:

Oh yes, but you forgot to mention the details didn't you. In the contract with the RTP he was the officer assigned to write the contract specs, while his FIL was CoP. Amazingly he won the contract, where any anti-corruption measure would prevent that. Nothing corrupt there!

Then he was amazingly "given" a 20 year monopoly on Thailand's mobile phone network. With high charges and overpriced handsets, any corrupt mug could have made billions, and DID! Nothing corrupt there!

Not to his sycophants anyway.

Just now, Father Fintan Stack said:

No different from any other Thai-Chinese business deal in Thailand conducted in the last few decades.

Why don't you give us a few examples that it was "no different from"?

Oh, and few Thaksin detraction posts.

6 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

No Jayboy, you don't understand, Halloween is a little bit gullible, and believes the army are the good guys. Don't try reality, it does not work with gullible people...

The accusation that Thaksin stole money from the Thai people is hillarious considering the people currently running the show. But now it's no questions about asset declarations or else...

No he never made one baht on the rice scam. And he has donated bilions, of his own money. To the poor in Issan. He is the Bill Gates of south east asia!

2 minutes ago, ovi1kanobi said:

No he never made one baht on the rice scam. And he has donated bilions, of his own money. To the poor in Issan. He is the Bill Gates of south east asia!

Nowhere did I deny he was corrupt. I am merely pointing out that the current lot are equally corrupt. Actually even more, as they don't even have a mandate ..

6 minutes ago, halloween said:

Oh yes, but you forgot to mention the details didn't you. In the contract with the RTP he was the officer assigned to write the contract specs, while his FIL was CoP. Amazingly he won the contract, where any anti-corruption measure would prevent that. Nothing corrupt there!

Then he was amazingly "given" a 20 year monopoly on Thailand's mobile phone network. With high charges and overpriced handsets, any corrupt mug could have made billions, and DID! Nothing corrupt there!

Not to his sycophants anyway.

I have no illusions about Thaksin's business ethics.Where you are in error is to have convinced yourself he isn't representative of a very common type of Sino Thai tycoon.And if you believe any dope could have exploited the opportunities as Thaksin did, you will believe anything.Of course the reason why the elites hate Thaksin is nothing to do with corruption at all - they themselves are deeply corrupt - but because he undermined their power base.

Just imagine the violence on the streets of BKK if she had remained in country and was given jail time. The red shirts would have had a fit....and it would have been a mess. The best thing for T'land was her taking up residence with Taksin over at the Burj Khalifa in DXB.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Just now, jayboy said:

I have no illusions about Thaksin's business ethics.Where you are in error is to have convinced yourself he isn't representative of a very common type of Sino Thai tycoon.And if you believe any dope could have exploited the opportunities as Thaksin did, you will believe anything.Of course the reason why the elites hate Thaksin is nothing to do with corruption at all - they themselves are deeply corrupt - but because he undermined their power base.

But you just claimed that the corrupt computer contract and the 20 year mobile monopoly weren't stealing from the Thai people. He was near broke before then, after he had billions of baht, so who's money ended up in his pocket?

Are you stating it's not corrupt or not theft because other's do it too (aka Little Johnny)?

25 minutes ago, Artisi said:

TAT, can make some mileage here with a new hub,  the only country with 2 living ex-PM's in self - imposed exile.

Not sure what the hub should be called as yet - any suggestions? 

If they were just passing through I'd go for AH of the World. I suppose there is such a thing as constipation (not much in Thailand)

21 minutes ago, halloween said:

Why don't you give us a few examples that it was "no different from"?

Oh, and few Thaksin detraction posts.

Because you either cannot understand the links given for you to read or you cannot read as nothing even gives you the feeling of O I might be wrong on an issue, you are always right which is not normal in the real world. so many give up with a lost cause

Edited by wakeupplease

Just now, halloween said:

But you just claimed that the corrupt computer contract and the 20 year mobile monopoly weren't stealing from the Thai people. He was near broke before then, after he had billions of baht, so who's money ended up in his pocket?

Are you stating it's not corrupt or not theft because other's do it too (aka Little Johnny)?

If you agree King Power, CP, Thai Bev and many others  are "stealing from the Thai people" then your argument might hold.I don't agree.Truth is all have legitimate businesses with real assets and P and L accounts doing useful stuff.Same applied to Thaksin.Yes Thailand business tends to be too monopolistic and business ethics are dubious.Corruption isn't uncommon.That's not the same as stealing from the Thai people.I suggest you focus on  bureaucrats and military people who have massive assets and tiny incomes:that's stealing from the Thai people in my book.

7 hours ago, harada said:

Breaking news: Yingluck seen in a Chiang Mai restaurant last night with Jimmy Hendrix and Elvis. :biggrin:

That's got to be just a rumour - Jimi Hendrix and Elvis have just left the building :smile:

"Deputy national police chief General Srivara Rangsibrahmanakul said police had no record of Yingluck leaving the country and where following developments closely."

The Royal McDonalds Thai police couldn't find her if she was panhandling in the streets of Bangkok wearing an orange jumpsuit and singing "Vamos a la Playa".

2 minutes ago, jayboy said:

If you agree King Power, CP, Thai Bev and many others  are "stealing from the Thai people" then your argument might hold.I don't agree.Truth is all have legitimate businesses with real assets and P and L accounts doing useful stuff.Same applied to Thaksin.Yes Thailand business tends to be too monopolistic and business ethics are dubious.Corruption isn't uncommon.That's not the same as stealing from the Thai people.I suggest you focus on  bureaucrats and military people who have massive assets and tiny incomes:that's stealing from the Thai people in my book.

Who gave King Power THE Guy his last name I wonder

1 minute ago, jayboy said:

You are trying to divert and obfuscate with "Little Johnny did it too!" argument. His deals were corrupt, he got wealthy via corruption, and at the expense of the Thai people. Put lipstick on the pig, it is still a pig. And this one STINKS, because he continued his corrupt practices after taking office by buying his way to the premiership.

5 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

"Deputy national police chief General Srivara Rangsibrahmanakul said police had no record of Yingluck leaving the country and where following developments closely."

The Royal McDonalds Thai police couldn't find her if she was panhandling in the streets of Bangkok wearing an orange jumpsuit and singing "Vamos a la Playa".

Maybe she's off to meet up with the Red Bull chappie for a few tips, or possibly (as "reported" by a "close source"),  she'll just be playing  Happy Families with her brother in Dubai?

The reality is that the current junta running the show is very happy that Yingluck fled the country. Putting her in prison for any length of time would have created a civil war. You can't arrest and prosecute 200,000 Issan farmers. The PM Prayath dodged a bullet with her disappearance. And all is well.

16 minutes ago, sambum said:

That's got to be just a rumour - Jimi Hendrix and Elvis have just left the building :smile:

Last I heard it was Rushdi's seaside flat in Cleethorpes, or Soufend John.

Where she is is something we we all find out sooner or later so everyone should as my platoon sergeant used to say     ' hurry up and wait'