Yingluck ‘may seek UK asylum

rooster59

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

It was the amnesty of her brother (say nepotism) you know that was added at the last moment. That was what brought out all the people on the street. She brought herself down by adding her brother nothing else. 

Yet that amnesty NEVER made actually came to reality. Pray tell, why are people not taking to the streets for the sweeping amnesty the NCPO awarded themsleves ? One that benefits precious few people and other than Yingluck's amnesty even covers future crimes. 

Where is the outrage now. It seems to me, that the people that took to the streets then are utter hypocrites. Hell they are, headed by Suthep, possibly the worst politician in Thailand of the last 40 years, again he makes Thaksin look like an amateur.

Edited by sjaak327

Just now, sjaak327 said:

Oh please stop the nonsense. The Yingluck government was deposed when they were already in care taker status, elections pending. In fact, that was the second election, as the first was sabotaged by Suthep and co. Another criminal that is not convicted just because he is connected. That one makes Thaksin looks like a mediocre amateur. 

Topic Yingkuck   seeking --UK  ??   your reply again is diverting from topic.    I initially answered that any world government governing well will not have problems never mind who the opposition were.

3 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Topic Yingkuck   seeking --UK  ??   your reply again is diverting from topic.    I initially answered that any world government governing well will not have problems never mind who the opposition were.

Again, my initial response was a direct response to a post by another member. Pray tell, you responding to my post is allright ? Give it a rest please. Admit you lied, it's not the end of the world.

13 minutes ago, alwaysrainsinUK said:

Im still in the UK. The cfime at the minute buddy is off the scales.Its defo not safe. On a happy note we moving back to Thailand to live in a couple of weeks .

Feels alot safer walking on the streets in Thai with not worrying im going to get stabbed or acid thru over me . 

That would actually be your perception of crime that has gone off the scale, the actual stats demonstrate a substantial reduction of all crimes in the past two decades.  Just because you see the acid attacks on the news does not make it likely to happen to you, there are a few hundred a year, in London you have less than 1% chance of being a victim of any violent crime each year and just a 0.005% chance of being a victim of an acid attack.  

By the way, Thailand has well over 4000 fatal shootings per year, over three times the rate of murders seen in the UK, over 20,000 fatal traffic accidents which make it over ten times more likely you will die on the roads, and instead of gangs of youths with acid or kitchen knives, here we have gangs of youths with swords and homemade grenades, it is quite clear which is more dangerous.

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

Yet that amnesty NEVER made actually came to reality. Pray tell, why are people not taking to the streets for the sweeping amnesty the NCPO awarded themsleves ? One that benefits precious fews and that other than Yingluck's amnesty covers future crimes. 

The amnesty that could be called back to life.. that was why people stayed. As for the junta amnesty, not a good thing , obviously people did not feel as bad about that amnesty as for the crook Thaksin. 

But you at least accept that nepotism trying to get Thaksin back was the reason the good people brought the government down. 

9 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Its going to be great fun watching the contortions of will they/won't they try and get her extradited, the excuses for or against it, and all along with the back drop of the way the RB has been handled.

I expect she will end up in the UK where her son will attend a top boarding school for the next 10 years or so when the fun and games continue in Thailand.

I don't believe any Government would send her back and will be interesting if they even make any attempt to get her back. They don't seem to of bothered with her brother. As the   OP ed in the BKP alludes the last minute departure seems to indicate that the negotiations must of gone on to the last minute and either this was the outcome or they failed and she had to make a run for it. Still seems unbelievable that she could leave without tactile approval to do so.

The Deputy PM has already said he won't sack the senior policeman who allegedly helped her to leave. Says it all.

Maybe they'll huff and puff, to keep appearances internally, for as we know, they don't care much what others outside think.

This will be put in the pending file. Considering the fact she was being watched constantly, it's impossible she could've just slipped away in the night with no one noticing. 

I agree - either the deal was done at the 11th hour or there wasn't an agreement and she decided best run for it.

It will be interesting to see the verdict handed down of 27/9 and subsequent sentencing if found guilty. Would be funny if she's acquitted and they'd all look stupid!

11 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Britain will never, ever give Yingluck political asylum. Britain has too many invested business interests with the Thais and they aren't going to rock the boat.

I don't think the Military <deleted> is going to recover from this. The US and UK will get involved and the Military will have to step down/aside.

The Thai Military are nothing! A new set of Generals under US guidance will change everything.

The US needs a Thailand it can trust. It has big challenges ahead.

Edited by owl sees all
added more content

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

The amnesty that could be called back to life.. that was why people stayed. As for the junta amnesty, not a good thing , obviously people did not feel as bad about that amnesty as for the crook Thaksin. 

But you at least accept that nepotism trying to get Thaksin back was the reason the good people brought the government down. 

You seem to be forgetting that the amnesty bill would not just have benefitted Thaksin.... Right or wrong, that amnesty would have the promise to bring about reconciliation more than anything the current administration has done. And... that bill was introduced by people with an undeniable mandate. Nothing more needs to be said really. 

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

It was the amnesty of her brother (say nepotism) you know that was added at the last moment. That was what brought out all the people on the street. She brought herself down by adding her brother nothing else. 

Not saying (and never did) that the amnesty attempt was right but what brought her down was the old elite's paranoia . Many people were pissed off at her and they should have been allowed to vent their feelings in an election, but due to the sensitivity of the then upcoming transition and the likelihood of yet another Shin victory this was never going to happen.

Instead the junta took power and gave themselves an amnesty that no one could protest against on pain of jail or death.

3 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Britain will never, ever give Yingluck political asylum. Britain has too many invested business interests with the Thais and they aren't going to rock the boat.

It would be an international crime to deny someone's asylum request favour of a trade agreement, not that we couldn't do with getting that deficit down and little anyway, lol.

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

You seem to be forgetting that the amnesty bill would not just have benefitted Thaksin.... Right or wrong, that amnesty would have the promise to bring about reconciliation more than anything the current administration has done. And... that bill was introduced by people with an undeniable mandate. Nothing more needs to be said really. 

The amnesty was agreed up without Thaksin, adding him was what invalidated it. That was what mad the people angry without it it would have been a good attempt.. but Thaksin had to mess it all up.. this was all self inflicted. 

16 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Your're right of course.

Only arguing about semantics. Calling it the YL government rather than the government of the bloke who replaced her for a few weeks. And in reality we all know it was another Thaksin government. 

The struggle between those two factions simply continues.

If you can come up with a short and snappy alternative regarding the correct terminology for what the coup was against that's acceptable to both "camps" here on TV I'll use it!:whistling:

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

The amnesty was agreed up without Thaksin, adding him was what invalidated it. That was what mad the people angry without it it would have been a good attempt.. but Thaksin had to mess it all up.. this was all self inflicted. 

So you are saying amnesty for Thaksin is not ok, amnesty for Prayuth is. 

2 minutes ago, Becker said:

If you can come up with a short and snappy alternative regarding the correct terminology for what the coup was against that's acceptable to both "camps" here on TV I'll use it!:whistling:

I'd just stick to calling it the caretaker PTP government. 

Who was the leader in name or in reality doesn't matter then mate!

Just now, sjaak327 said:

So you are saying amnesty for Thaksin is not ok, amnesty for Prayuth is. 

I don't agree with the Prayut amnesty, just like I don't agree with the Thaksin amnesty but that Prayut got one does not mean Thaksin should get one too. 

Just now, robblok said:

I don't agree with the Prayut amnesty, just like I don't agree with the Thaksin amnesty but that Prayut got one does not mean Thaksin should get one too. 

Agreed.

Praut hasn't been charged or convicted of anything yet. But Thakisin has. Whether some on here like that or not, that's the situation, right or wrong.

10 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

I'd be proud if Britain offered her asylum and sent that Red Bull scum back here. Britain has a proud history of democracy, ethics and freedom and she would be safe there.

Ethics? The ones that allied with USA that toppled all the leaders that kept the middle east contained? This is why we have all the terrorists running around like it's a killing spree for everyone. Freedom? With 4 million+ CCTV cameras watching your every move. Democracy? A word that the rich, influential and elite use to calm and passify the little poor people. You must be talking about another country ! 

24 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Again, my initial response was a direct response to a post by another member. Pray tell, you responding to my post is allright ? Give it a rest please. Admit you lied, it's not the end of the world.

I did not lie My word government was 3 times corrected-- please stop the childish lie remark

11 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

It would be an international crime to deny someone's asylum request favour of a trade agreement, not that we couldn't do with getting that deficit down and little anyway, lol.

Do you really believe that governments are going to give priority to what is legally and morally wrong over big business and inter countries relationships? Consider what happened during the murder case of the tragic British couple that involved rape and murder on Koh Tao Island in 2014. British police were sent here as observers during the investigation, when they returned to Britain said virtually nothing and no opinions forth coming.

Yingluck given political asylum in Britain in direct opposition to the Thai government, will not happen.

2 minutes ago, ginjag said:

I did not lie My word government was 3 times corrected-- please stop the childish lie remark

Why even mention it, my remark was 100% correct. That Yingluck herself was red carded if you will, does not change anything. A failed attempt to justifiy the coup, I cannot possibly explain it otherwise. 

You are being judged by your own words. Stop trying to play the childish defense. 

I'm just a simple man from the North who  still thinks the lady wanted to stay in her country and was brave to stand against them till she was frog marched to a plane :post-4641-1156693976:

I note that she has left her son behind which sort of guarantees her silence if she's not already been permanently silenced.

2 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Do you really believe that governments are going to give priority to what is legally and morally wrong over big business and inter countries relationships? Consider what happened during the murder case of the tragic British couple that involved rape and murder on Koh Tao Island in 2014. British police were sent here as observers during the investigation, when they returned to Britain said virtually nothing and no opinions forth coming.

Yingluck given political asylum in Britain in direct opposition to the Thai government, will not happen.

I have no idea what you think two police men not selling stories to the tabloids has to do with the asylum process, if she makes it to the UK, applies for asylum there, then she will be granted or denied it based on her circumstance not our trade deficit with Thailand, and by the way it would be them that would be keen to hold on to their second largest partner in Europe rather than us holding on to our virtually zero exports to Thailand.  What was it you thought the UK could not afford to lose with Thailand?  Their prawns?

10 hours ago, z42 said:

Asylum. What a joke, she is guilty of at the very least criminal negligence, or looking the other way to frankly unchecked corruption by those in her party. As a UK citizen I would be disgusted if she was to be granted asylum, especially when there are many hundreds of thousands of INNOCENT people fleeing actual harm in their home nations.

Can only keep repeating that this idiotic woman is NOT THE VICTIM OF ANYTHING THAT WASN'T OF HER OWN MAKING. She is fleeing rightful criminal prosecution, and that should provide no grounds for asylum whatsoever.

You say "especially when there are many hundreds of thousands of INNOCENT people fleeing actual harm in their home nations" how do you know there ALL Innocent!!! a lot of them are NOT Asylum Seekers they only come to the UK to do harm to innocent people. They don't have ID or passports so how the hell do we know who they are! Answer = WE DON'T. How about all the problems in Paris, Brussels and London., innocent people being killed. Think about it.

If she does come to the UK least she will be the ONLY Asylum Seeker in the UK that wont be claiming for "free medical, free accommodation, free food, free television, free clothing, free schooling and all the other freebies they get, the list goes on and on thus dragging the economy down even more. Its funny that they travel through 6, 7 or 8 country's to get to the UK, ever wondered why! (probably not).

Please note, this is NOT racial discrimination this is common sense, I am married to a Thai lady and I don't think you have a clue what us Brits have to pay out for, how many hoops we have to go through to get out wife/girlfriend over here, (I know its our choice) I presume that the money we pay out for this privilege goes towards the freebies that are handed out. Most politicians through out the world are corrupt so don't think she, maybe, the only one.

And finally if you think she left with out on her own then you are sadly mistaken,  she was HELPED out of the country. How the hell did she get a private jet to Singapore, not with out a lot of help. Wonder if they asked for her passport at immigration ?.

If you really worried about asylum seekers having a raw deal maybe they can stay at your place!

The sooner Thailand gets back to a democratic country instead of being run by the military the better.

That's my rant over for the day, if you disagree with my comments ( you will I know) that your problem not mine, end of.

11 hours ago, z42 said:

Asylum. What a joke, she is guilty of at the very least criminal negligence, or looking the other way to frankly unchecked corruption by those in her party. As a UK citizen I would be disgusted if she was to be granted asylum, especially when there are many hundreds of thousands of INNOCENT people fleeing actual harm in their home nations.

Can only keep repeating that this idiotic woman is NOT THE VICTIM OF ANYTHING THAT WASN'T OF HER OWN MAKING. She is fleeing rightful criminal prosecution, and that should provide no grounds for asylum whatsoever.

This is bsolutely true. And those that think otherwise are victims of their own delusion. Delusion comes from a firm belief in one side or the other. If you ake a disappasionate view - ie perhaps both sides are as bad as each other - then you'd also come to the conclusion that the rice 'scheme' was initiated by her 'brother' in order to win popular votes. The worst thing about it was withdrawing the rice from the world commodities market thus forcing the price up. Hey, is it a good idea nto increase the price of the basic foodstuff for most of the world's poorest people? Those who support the Shins must think that's OK because they don't give a damn about the poor people, they are just interested in manipulating those that can bring them power and even more obscene wealth. Political Asylum? Well, the UK has bought into the lie that Thaksin has perpetuated over the years that he is a victim of an unjust political and judicial system. If you repeat a lie often enough then people will believe it. Indeed he's really a human rights abuser responsible for the extra-judicial killings of 3000+ people in an unjust war that was targeted at drug dealers but caught quite a few of his political opponents in the same net. He wasn't a democrat and neither was/is his 'sister'. He was/is a dictator furthering the cause of USA interests in SEAsia and she is his puppet. The truth is  stranger than fiction and one that cannot be denied by the Shin-ideologues that support him. Being opposed to the Shins does not mean supporting the General. The Shins may have been elected but does that mean they ran democracies? The anti-democratic nature of both Shins' time in office is pretty transparent to those who want to see it. I would be furious, but not surprised if the UK granted her asylum.