Authorities could not stop Yingluck escaping, says Prawit

webfact

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

No, they can keep taps on ALL people, unless people are using encryption to saveguard the content.

However the path the packages travel cannot easily be conceiled. It's just the nature of the transport layer and the TCP protocol. Packages have to go from A to B and have to pass routers in order to get to B. If one controls the routers at A, one knows where traffic goes. Why do you think the single gateway was proposed ?

Once again - i disagree, except with what you say about encryption. If for example "B" is constantly changing then your theory fails. Dynamic vs Fixed IP address perhaps?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, VBF said:

Once again - i disagree, except with what you say about encryption. If for example "B" is constantly changing then your theory fails. Dynamic vs Fixed IP address perhaps?

Hmm, it still termintates somewhere ... It does not matter if you use a dynamic IP address, your provider handed you the dynamic IP addres and knows exactly to what mac address it was allocated to.

Edited by sjaak327

10 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Hmm, it still terminates somewhere ... It does not matter if you use a dynamic IP address, your provider handed you the dynamic IP addres and knows exactly to what mac address is was allocated to.

No...Any provider handed someone the dynamic IP address and someone else logged into it using a different device - example - I take a laptop to an Internet cafe, make my postings, take the laptop away. Next time I take a different laptop to a different Internet cafe (or the same laptop with a different network adaptor and hence MAC address) As I said above, unless "they" physically find me "in possession", nothing can be proved. Also, I would have an account with no personal information in it and would never log into that account when at a traceable location. Sneaky, but possible.

And there are other, less obvious methods which I will not describe here!

Edited by VBF

9 minutes ago, VBF said:

No...Any provider handed someone the dynamic IP address and someone else logged into it using a different device - example - I take a laptop to an Internet cafe, make my postings, take the laptop away. Next time I take a different laptop to a different Internet cafe (or the same laptop with a different network adaptor and hence MAC address) As I said above, unless "they" physically find me "in possession", nothing can be proved.

Yes and you believe they don't have databases and cross reference mac addreses of people they want monitoring ? Hell most people are using mobile devices these days, whilst one could probably employ mac address spoofing, the vast majority of people never do that geeky stuff. It is incredibly easy to monitor internet traffic. And precious few people manage to use it undetected. It is the nature of the protocol after all, packages have to travel from A to B using routers. And those routers can only pass packages if source ip/mac address and destination ip/mac address are in the IP header.

Edited by sjaak327

13 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Yes and you believe they don't have databasea and cross reference mac addreses of people they want monitoring ? Hell most people are using mobile devices these days, whilst one could probably employ mac address spoofing, the vast majority of people never do that geeky stuff. It is incredibly easy to monitor internet traffic. And precious few people manage to use it undetected. It is the nature of the protocol after all, packages have to travel from A to B using routers. And those routers can only pass packages if source ip/mac address and destination ip/mac address are in the IP header.

the vast majority of people never do that geeky stuff I totally agree with that, but those who want to cause real harm or upset the "powers that be" would pay for the skills to do it.

It is the nature of the protocol after all, packages have to travel from A to B using routers. Search for "non routable ip addresses" and then consider my above comment about different laptop or same laptop with different network adaptor and hence MAC address. If you're sitting in an Internet cafe the IP address presented to the outside world is that of the cafe, NOT your laptop so It is in effect a Private Network so once again, physical presence or possibly CCTV footage is required to identify you.

@sjaak327 you are coming from the side of the good guys who neither need to know nor care about this admittedly geeky stuff. The really bad guys will learn or persuade "geeks" to do it for them - believe me.

Edited by VBF

Just now, VBF said:

the vast majority of people never do that geeky stuff I totally agree with that, but those who want to cause real harm or upset the "powers that be" would pay for the skills to do it.

It is the nature of the protocol after all, packages have to travel from A to B using routers. Search for "non routable ip addresses" and then consider my above comment about different laptop or same laptop with different network adaptor and hence MAC address. If you're sitting in an Internet cafe the IP address presented to the outside world is that of the cafe, NOT your laptop so It is in effect a Private Network so once again, physical presence or possibly CCTV footage is required to identify you.

@sjaak327 you are coming from the side of the good guys who neither know nor care about this admittedly geeky stuff. The really bad guys will learn or persuade "geeks" to do it for them - believe me.

Of course, yet that internet cafe's router still needs to nat the package so to speak, so your private IP address/mac address  will be visible there. Yes supposedly they would need CCTV to indentify you. But the vast majority of people use internet at home, and on mobiles. Why do you think internet access providers are required to keep their data for five years ? To accommodate this kind of research. 

5 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Of course, yet that internet cafe's router still needs to nat the package so to speak, so your private IP address/mac address  will be visible there. Yes supposedly they would need CCTV to indentify you. But the vast majority of people use internet at home, and on mobiles. Why do you think internet access providers are required to keep their data for five years ? To accommodate this kind of research. 

Indeed what you say about NAT is true but you've still missed my point about using a different network adaptor (MAC address)  so NAT wouldn't take "them" anywhere useful. The people to whom I refer are not those within "the vast majority"

Anyway I'm going make one final comment before I bow out BECAUSE, were I to continue, I'd need to give more information away than I'm comfortable with. 
My final comment then is that there exist Black Hats and White Hats - before I retired I was the latter and still retain the ethos. Cheers.....:smile:

Others following orders and repeating lies have recently got 42 years in jail, convenient that this parrot has self-implied impunity. The same people jailing former democratically elected people. Corruption and pocket filling seems to live even more under impunity than ever in Thailand

Just now, Knocker33 said:

Amazing Thailand.  Can't find an alleged cop killer billionaire and now this. Yet a law abiding expat can be located in the blink of an eye.

You must be fairly new here! Stick around  - it gets better worse :sad:

Democratically elected Prime Ministers end up as political refugees. This is the rule in Thailand. Thailand is far far away from any form of democracy. Welcome to Switzerland, we love democracy and we are the oldest democracy in the world. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1435383/How-direct-democracy-makes-Switzerland-a-better-place.html

This whole escape thing is a sad joke, as almost all of us here think. But I also wonder if/when Thaksin and Yingluck will be able to return to Thailand. Even if a party sympathetic to them wins the next general elections (which is no certainty anymore), it won't be easy for them to go back, as they (especially Thaksin) have garnered so much hatred among many people in Thailand.

My guess is, they will return.......but only after an amnesty is decided upon.....and this will occur only MANY MANY years later.

46 minutes ago, JemJem said:

This whole escape thing is a sad joke, as almost all of us here think. But I also wonder if/when Thaksin and Yingluck will be able to return to Thailand. Even if a party sympathetic to them wins the next general elections (which is no certainty anymore), it won't be easy for them to go back, as they (especially Thaksin) have garnered so much hatred among many people in Thailand.

My guess is, they will return.......but only after an amnesty is decided upon.....and this will occur only MANY MANY years later.

Things suddenly can become very quick. The ruling junta gained power with military force, eliminating a democratically elected government. The power of the junta is based on violence and arms, not on the people's will. History shows that this cannot last for long because the junta is not able to increase the living standard of the normal Thais, not only rice farmers, just look at the minimum wage salary and the living cost. So the social unrest will explode again earlier or later, just a question of time.

You would think a military man could evaluate risk of yingluck doing a runner, fact her brother in exile a big hint to the possibility.

Either he more stupid than we credited him or he full of bu11sh1t, hard to tell as so stupid a such a bu11sh1tter it could be either !

Think current Pm and deputy need face trial on dereliction of duty as they blown a fortune and making a right circus of governance, they actually make trump look good lol ...

like theBLue SHirts n China, the Brown Shirts in Germany, the BlACK SHIRTs in Italy,, the yellow shirts,  fascists and military dictators are clowns,  violent bullies with no imagination,  of course a women could outwit them with one hand behind her back, they have lost all face, the main game in Asia, and now will be laughed out of  power

18 minutes ago, toddsaed said:

like theBLue SHirts n China, the Brown Shirts in Germany, the BlACK SHIRTs in Italy,, the yellow shirts,  fascists and military dictators are clowns,  violent bullies with no imagination,  of course a women could outwit them with one hand behind her back, they have lost all face, the main game in Asia, and now will be laughed out of  power

I'll have a drink of what you're having! Red Bull, perchance?

There's no pleasing some people.

She hadn't been convicted of a crime, even though she may have been, so why the 24  hour police presence outside her home?  If it was for her protection, I understand; if to stop her absconding, I don't.

I'm surprised there aren't many TV members condemning that 'watch' as a violation of her civil liberties, which it is.

May I suggest that towards the end of the trial arrest her to prevent her absconding? 

Perhaps even house arrest? 

But it is quite likely they were aware and are not unhappy with the solution. 

13 hours ago, Becker said:

Do you really think the security services (military/civilian) have not been glued to her since way back when? Do you really think the junta, if indeed they had wanted to prevent her from fleeing, would have trusted the RTP to make sure it didn't happen??

than by your logic, yinglucks escape because she must have worked out a deal with the junta then, which could be true! who knows....

18 hours ago, 473geo said:

Or the intention could well have been not to flee, until made aware of the recent 36 and 42 year sentences handed out

Not many, in fact I doubt if any, given the ability to flee, would have gambled their freedom on staying!!

Well exactly! - I think they need to wear hard hats in military training.  Too many hits to the head on our new beloved overlords.