Prayut: ‘Who would let Yingluck flee?’

webfact

They prefer her to flee rather than be banged up in a Thai prison ... a.democratically elected Prime Minister jailed by a Junta ... creates a Martyr, leads to international condemnation, and would create a build up of unrest that the military would find difficult to suppress.

Who let Yingluck go? Mmmm?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He stressed that it would be “insane” if officers intentionally let her flee.

In the years since 2014 there have been plenty of examples of "insanity" demonstrated by Prayut's military government so it would do him good to steer clear of that excuse. 

However I give him full marks for a five star performance of faux anger and indignation while defending his blameless lacky's and subordinates. A few rhetorical questions to the media were thrown in as well in a pathetic attempt to try to show them up as fools for asking reasonable questions.

This man regularly demonstrates he has problems within himself.

I think that in retrospect, things should have been done differently. I mean would a suspended jail sentence not have achieved the same desired result (Yingluck out of the political process). That way the Junta does not have to look completely incompetent for letting her escape. 

Even THIS they could not get right. 

Edited by sjaak327

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Previously, when it was unclear whether she was guilty or innocent, it was difficult to follow Yingluck around because they respected her privacy, he said.

LOL :cheesy::cheesy:

Ah these military morons think the rest of us are simpletons, eh?

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"The bullsh*t piles up so fast in Thailand you need wings to stay above it."

Or try this one:

"Arresting an official here for corruption is like giving out speeding tickets at the Indianapolis (Indy) 500."

Bonus points for those who can name the movie from whence these paraphrased quotes originate.

4 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:

Or try this one:

"Arresting an official here for corruption is like giving out speeding tickets at the Indianapolis (Indy) 500."

Bonus points for those who can name the movie from whence these paraphrased quotes originate.

Apocalypse Now?

2 hours ago, choff56 said:

The Thai military really does believe the Thai populace is ignorant. Letting these buffoons control  the country, I'm starting to believe it too.

Of course they do.....the elite more so......and it's been this way for centuries

Previously, when it was unclear whether she was guilty or innocent, it was difficult to follow Yingluck around because they respected her privacy, he said.

Considering the verdict hasn't been announced yet this is quite a bold statement.

Now we're in the business of holding prime ministers personally responsible for the failings of their governments as demonstrated by the Yingluck prosecution what's the next logical step ?

It seems obvious that The Prime Minister should be arrested for this travesty of justice.

17 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Now we're in the business of holding prime ministers personally responsible for the failings of their governments as demonstrated by the Yingluck prosecution what's the next logical step ?

It seems obvious that The Prime Minister should be arrested for this travesty of justice.

One word: amnesty.

35 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Considering the verdict hasn't been announced yet this is quite a bold statement.

Are you forgetting the verdict is/ was almost as much of a foregone conclusion as Anne of Boleyn's for her alleged sins

18 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Just love the photo of General Prawit. Reminds me of Quasimodo from the old movie The Hunchback of Notre-Dame.

Prawit.jpg

Seems like he's looking for a window to lick......................:sleepy:

3 hours ago, GBW said:

Please can someone tell me the whereabouts of YL? Dubai? Ol'Blighty?

The only information I understand is through the speculations of media.

Detailed maps with arrows, maybe this maybe that, by road, by boat, by privi jet?????   Who knows?

Until some FACTS of YL's  whereabouts are specified, we can only yap about it.

Even the 'Sydney Morning Herald' has accused her of abandoning her 15yo son.

I may well be misinformed, but I have no concrete evidence that LY has even left Thailand. Nor to my knowledge, does anyone.

The media is having a field day, as are many  tvf posters only to speculate. 

Personally I really dont gafk, I would  rather see that nidprick Rbull bought home for a spanking!

Elvis has left the building, we think?

Unless she soon show up in public, we may never know.

Something far worse than a simple escape could also have happened to her.

5 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

For some reason I'm now thinking about Lord of the rings.

Lord Of The Rings? I was leaning more towards Animal Farm.

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

9 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

soon ,,,,, I do hope. Some valid explanation for not fronting up,  I do hope YL is somewhere, caring for her son and her undeniable followers..

i am lost, but i am diligent for the fACTs.  I will read , digest, the Taksin agreement.

and therefore a starting point of this tearmoil.sitonurarsalot, ?

37 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

She never left that house. Someone should excavate her back yard. Also xray the walls,  In her bedroom! For signs of a cadaver.

Edited by ovi1kanobi

Where is she?? Dubai?? UK??? Montenegro????

I mean AlJazeera says Dubai, but are we really sure???

Please someone clarify, I had a sleepless night last night, I keep thinking about this non stop.

Sad but true. Once I saw a company profile DVD of Chinese-Thai ran SAHA company Co. Ltd. The CEO had a pieces of wood in left and right hand and said: 'we Chinese Thai think, what can we carve from this piece of wood? Create out of it'. But normal Thais he continued: 'only think how to burn and consume this piece of wood'. It is true, the new middle class quickly uprising with often double income. Until their necks in loans, mortgages and hi-so behaviour. Burning money they did not earn. Financing cars is normal, saving is not. Banks are closing down rapidly on developments in my area. It is like Spain in 2000, the Big Bang implosion will arrive soon. I know women having 3 credit cards but no real income. Poor people upcountry, since 2014 coup they did not see any prospering perspectives. Only a Friday evening Great Pretender show. Often copying Yingluck's plans. The Bangkokian / Hua Hin elite was not happy with the self made Chinese-Thai millionaire Thaksin and this includes his sister. But one has to admit; they are clever aren't they?

Prayut annoyed by questions about Yingluck

By Chalarntorn Yothasmutra

Gen-Prayut-28-Aug-17.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha was apparently annoyed when asked by news reporters to comment on allegations that former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra might have been helped by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to flee the country.

Ms Yingluck did not show up at at the Supreme Court on Friday (Aug 25) when a ruling on the rice-pledging case against her was initially set to be read out.

“Who would do that?  How could that happen?  What made you think like this?” Gen Prayut retorted.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prayut-annoyed-questions-yingluck/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-08-29