Pajero sport. Maybe I want to buy

Hupaponics

Hi all TV members,

I'd like to know if Pajero Sport is a good car. Anyone got one?

I personally like the safety features in it. But 1,5 mill B for it?

In Europe there are loads of cars with more "gadgets" for this amount of money. 

Pls let let me hear your advises. 

Becourse I'm confused. Today standard is LED light, not H4. 

And I never seen a car in Thailand with xenon 555

51 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Thailand doesn't really offer value for money when it comes to cars.

Most people don't pay the correct amount of income tax. Govt. gets the tax when punters buy flash motors! 

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Most people don't pay the correct amount of income tax. Govt. gets the tax when punters buy flash motors! 

I'm talking more about getting less for your money, like safety features and warranties, and not just on "flash motors".

Edited by giddyup

The Pajero offers excellent value for money. I have driven my friends, and I found it drove surprisingly well for a truck based SUV, and the comparatively smaller engine offered plenty of pick up and go (the Pajero is significantly lighter than it's competitors). Overall I think it makes for an excellent choice.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I'm talking more about getting less for your money, like safety features and warranties, and not just on "flash motors".

That's the point? Isn't it. The vehicles are lower spec than some countries but we pay a lot of excise and tax.

Even Suzuki Wagon R Kei car has automated anti-crash braking/lane departure in Japan. 

I really enjoyed my 2013 Pajero that we (wife & I) bought new for 1.5-1.6 million. (I remember it was about 200k less than Toyota Fortuna). We sold it earlier this year for Bt500,000 and it only had been driven 57k km. Was my enjoyment worth Bt 1 mil?  No!

Be sure to check if you have high and low beam head lights. It's really tough driving at night on dark roads without high beams.

Normal depreciation should have put the value around Bt820k, minimum of Bt650K. Yes, it was in an accident, but that should have only pushed it to the Bt650k. I drove it for a year after the repairs were completed and never had any problems. Mitsubishi did a great job.  

We were told not many people looking for used Pajero. They like used Fortuna.

I'll not buy a brand new vehicle in Thailand again unless I can keep it at least 10 years. I'll will also target the traditional 'best' vehicle makers (Honda, Toyota). Whatever their asking price I'll offer Bt150k below their asking price. Also remember in Thailand, it's buyer beware. There are no penalties for screwing you.

I hope this helps.

That seems about the right price. It costs AUD52,750 plus on road costs in Australia which makes a total about AUD55,000. On current exchange rates that is around THB1, 459, 597.12.

I assume you are not after a true 4WD as I believe these are now a monocoque construction.

Howard

29 minutes ago, Howard said:

That seems about the right price. It costs AUD52,750 plus on road costs in Australia which makes a total about AUD55,000. On current exchange rates that is around THB1, 459, 597.12.

I assume you are not after a true 4WD as I believe these are now a monocoque construction.

Howard

Be interesting to know what the Aussie model has that the Thai model doesn't.

3 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I really enjoyed my 2013 Pajero that we (wife & I) bought new for 1.5-1.6 million. (I remember it was about 200k less than Toyota Fortuna). We sold it earlier this year for Bt500,000 and it only had been driven 57k km. Was my enjoyment worth Bt 1 mil?  No!

Be sure to check if you have high and low beam head lights. It's really tough driving at night on dark roads without high beams.

Normal depreciation should have put the value around Bt820k, minimum of Bt650K. Yes, it was in an accident, but that should have only pushed it to the Bt650k. I drove it for a year after the repairs were completed and never had any problems. Mitsubishi did a great job.  

We were told not many people looking for used Pajero. They like used Fortuna.

I'll not buy a brand new vehicle in Thailand again unless I can keep it at least 10 years. I'll will also target the traditional 'best' vehicle makers (Honda, Toyota). Whatever their asking price I'll offer Bt150k below their asking price. Also remember in Thailand, it's buyer beware. There are no penalties for screwing you.

I hope this helps.

150k thb below the asked price....the seller will be amused and show you the way to get out:cheesy:

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

But considering resale value and cheaper servicing in LoS (locally made Jap cars), it evens itself out over time. Gadgets aside, second-hand cars are worth almost nothing in most western countries. 

2 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

I would recommend Ford Everest 2.2. Has many more safety features than it's rivals and is always rated no.1 in this category by the reviewers.

As would i until I drove them both, then took into consideration the Ford service or lack thereof

I would recommend Ford Everest 2.2. Has many more safety features than it's rivals and is always rated no.1 in this category by the reviewers.

The TV experts believe the few hours a year spent getting it serviced is more important than driving pleasure. Also, that no Ford dealer is capable of servicing correctly, despite 1st hand experience from Ford owners proving otherwise.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Just now, JaseTheBass said:

The TV experts believe the few hours a year spent getting it serviced is more important than driving pleasure. Also, that no Ford dealer is capable of servicing correctly, despite 1st hand experience from Ford owners proving otherwise.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

True and I am a fan of Ford, in this instance I preferred the Pajero over the Everest - GIVEN all of the other factors involved

On 8/30/2017 at 7:53 AM, giddyup said:

Comparing what you get for your money elsewhere is pointless.Thailand doesn't really offer value for money when it comes to cars.

And it especially doesn't make sense to compare to what is available back in "Europe", as if there were a common price standard for cars in Europe. In my European home country the Mitsubishi Pajero 4WD (the only model available) costs just under 4 mio Baht at current exchange rates, which in comparison makes the Thai price seem very reasonable. I'm sure you will be able to get it a lot cheaper in many other European countries.

Sophon

Thanx everyone for input. 

Regarding second hand value it seems to be greater in Thailand in general than in Europe. 

However, my plan is to keep my next car for many years to come. 

I test drowe the car about 6 months ago, and with my length (1.95m) I sat very nicely and comfy in the driving seat. 

The performance of the car also impressed me when it comes to acceleration and handling. The salesman was after my test drive pale as a Scandinavian in wintertime:)

It's a pity that the safety features are only included in the 4x4. 

Also I would like to know when the model changes/upgrades. Is it farang new year or songkran? How do they count the model year in Thailand?

Cheers

20 hours ago, Jerry Cornelius said:

There's not much point comparing what's on offer in Thailand to the offerings in other countries. You either like it or you don't. If you do, buy it. Why buy something someone else likes more than you do?

Jerry

You are absolutely right regarding to compare between different countries. I have to shutdown my mind about that;)

After all TIT:)

To understand me correctly, I'm not buying this car to "brag". I'm just looking for a better option to the car we have today (a small Toyota) as my wife is a government official and have to go to many seminars cross country. 

Safety first;)

On 2017-08-30 at 4:59 AM, peterrabbit said:

I bought my 4wd version two years ago now. Its a good car and better than the Fortuna I had before. No complaints or problems, its economical and reliable with plenty of gizmos as standard.

Thanx Peter rabbit.

This is the firsthand information I like to hear. 

I'm glad to hear you are satisfied. 

This kind of info is what I was looking for, good or bad. 

16 hours ago, Hupaponics said:

Thanx Peter rabbit.

This is the firsthand information I like to hear. 

I'm glad to hear you are satisfied. 

This kind of info is what I was looking for, good or bad. 

Everyone will have a different opinion to a ride..:stoner:

We have our Pajero for 2 weeks or so now and very impressed - however the sales lady assured me that apple play can be installed, it seems it cannot and for some reason i cant stream music (via bluetooth) to the music system. Normal telephone works fine however