PM Prayut confident Yingluck will be tracked down, but this will take time

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this man elected by the people at a election ?

Did this man lead a coup to overthrow a elected PM ?

Did this man make it possible to charge a elected PM with criminal charges ? 

Has this man gained wealth and power since the coup ?

Would you vote for a man that has not even began genuine reforms and what have the people got apart from a terrible economy and Chinese road wreckers. As for western countries they will not help you. Yingluck with be fine. The charges were a farce laughable.

Edited by Media1

Prayut has a big NSA listening post in his backyard (= Thailand) . One phonecall to the NSA , and he would know her exact location , then send in an extraction team .

Oh dear me, I am trying to imagine an "extraction team" operation in Dubai, or the UK, or Singapore, or anywhere to be frank....

Let's leave aside the fact that the deployment of such a team into another sovereign country would be an act of war, and highly unlikely to go unpunished. Once the invaded country had stopped laughing.

2 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

To what end ? She will never set foot in the country again unless and until there is a stable democratic government that has respect for the rule of law not some politically motivated charges 

There has not been one of those since the first coup back in 1932 and certainly none under Thaksin that respected the rule of law.

17 minutes ago, JAG said:

Oh dear me, I am trying to imagine an "extraction team" operation in Dubai, or the UK, or Singapore, or anywhere to be frank....

Let's leave aside the fact that the deployment of such a team into another sovereign country would be an act of war, and highly unlikely to go unpunished. Once the invaded country had stopped laughing.

Please don't make me laugh. They would be shot dead in Dubai 

43 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Was this man elected by the people at a election ?

Did this man lead a coup to overthrow a elected PM ?

Did this man make it possible to charge a elected PM with criminal charges ? 

Has this man gained wealth and power since the coup ?

Would you vote for a man that has not even began genuine reforms and what have the people got apart from a terrible economy and Chinese road wreckers. As for western countries they will not help you. Yingluck with be fine. The charges were a farce laughable.

suggest you get your facts straight before you put your foot in your mouth, newbie is right, your rave is pretty pathetic really for someone that is "new", pulling your head out of the place the sun dont shine would be a good start

4 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

To what end ? She will never set foot in the country again unless and until there is a stable democratic government that has respect for the rule of law not some politically motivated charges 

"...unless and until..." this is probably going to take quite a long time...

9 hours ago, JAG said:

Well obviously not a Thai extraction team , they would screw it up. Send a non Thai dark op's team for total deniability .

3 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Well obviously not a Thai extraction team , they would screw it up. Send a non Thai dark op's team for total deniability .

Work permits might be a difficulty, however. They wouldn't want to perform the extraction and find themselves arrested and deported when they returned to Thailand...:whistling:

Edited by baboon

5 hours ago, baboon said:

Work permits might be a difficulty, however...

Not outside of Thailand . Covert or dark op's don't need visa's nor work permits.

Prayut could also put a reward for her capture of 10 million THB . For that kind of money , even the reds would rat her out.

3 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Not outside of Thailand . Covert or dark op's don't need visa's nor work permits.

Prayut could also put a reward for her capture of 10 million THB . For that kind of money , even the reds would rat her out.

You want a price put on the head of a former elected Prime Minister. By the leader of that country's military junta...?

Well hey, why not? I mean, what could possibly be the downside?

57 minutes ago, baboon said:

You want a price put on the head of a former elected Prime Minister. By the leader of that country's military junta...?

Well hey, why not? I mean, what could possibly be the downside?

Rat her out and do what. Send superman lol. They have a not capable SOG team. Being a former US soldier and I doubt it very very much. Laughable actually wake me up if anything shape's up. Muppets 

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

Really?

And how do you know that/

Naturally you have proof of that. A link perhaps, a report that everybody else seems to have missed?

i don't have the link her son remained behind in Thailand and is in some sort military school. there is a whole thread about him being left behind.

39 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i don't have the link her son remained behind in Thailand and is in some sort military school. there is a whole thread about him being left behind.

Do you have a link for that?

The only link I can find is this one.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2017-08-28/thailands-yingluck-fled-at-the-last-minute-fearing-harsh-sentence-say-aides

Yingluck fled with two aides but left her only son, Supasek Amornchat,15, behind in Thailand, the source said.

She may not have been the brightist bulb in the chandelier but I cannot imagine that she would leave her son behind. Her husband possibly, as there is nothing stopping him leaving later.

I would NEVER abandon my son to save my own skin, but that is me personally.

Edited by billd766

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2017-08-28/thailands-yingluck-fled-at-the-last-minute-fearing-harsh-sentence-say-aides

Yingluck fled with two aides but left her only son, Supasek Amornchat,15, behind in Thailand, the source said.

She may not have been the brightist bulb in the chandelier but I cannot imagine that she would leave her son behind. Her husband possibly, as there is nothing stopping him leaving later.

I take it you have a very low opinion of the junta and assume they will take vengeance on her son now that she is out of reach. 

Perhaps even Yingluck assumes her son will not be victimized and would rather see his mother overseas than in prison.

20 hours ago, BuckBee said:

... Really are the leading clowns in biggest circus on earth ...

Those who are familiar with the USA might know that The Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus closed on May 21, 2017 after 146 years due to weakening attendance and high operating costs.

Now we have Circus 2.0:  The Yingling Brothers, greatest show in Southeast Asia. More elephants, more clowns and plenty of sideshow freaks.  As P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

I take it you have a very low opinion of the junta and assume they will take vengeance on her son now that she is out of reach. 

Perhaps even Yingluck assumes her son will not be victimized and would rather see his mother overseas than in prison.

Of course the junta wouldn't do that, it would be absolute political suicide, amnesty or not. I think the son is probably part of the deal that was reached with the Junta. I know, speculation, but quite likely. Look at how they are handling the media fallout, hillarious !

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I thought that he went on an Army Cadet weekend - not a military school. Lots of schools offer Army Cadets at Matayom 4, 5 and 6. It's quite popular not least because if you complete the syllabus you are subsequently exempted the draft. They are the lads (and lasses) you will see around in the green denims and brown berets.

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

If we consider whether she abandoned her son, perhaps we should also consider whether she jumped or was pushed?

She may not have been offered a choice in leaving.

His presence in Thailand may have some bearing on the almost total silence from Dubai and all points west....

Edited by JAG