Thailand set to host MotoGP in 2018

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Yes just heard this to, is this the end of his career.  Hope not 

He broke same leg 2010 at Mugello G P though reports suggest this time the damage is worse .. Whether he'll call it a day after this who knows .. Shame if it does end his career .. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

The only real motorcycle, Was first made in the good old U.S.A. Its called a HARLEY DAVIDSON! LOL. P.S. EAT MY DUST.

Harley was American, he supplied the money.

Davidson was Scottish, he was the engineer.

This is where they started.

Tell me where without using Google!!!

images (10).jpg

Edited by overherebc
Adding photo.

On 8/31/2017 at 9:15 AM, NanLaew said:

Rossi's already driven it. Says it's a boring circuit.

Therefore, it must be true!

Btw, Rossi, who has always had top equipment, doesn't have to go, if he finds it boring.  After all, he's long over due for retirement.

Hero worshiping free zone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Harley was American, he supplied the money.

Davidson was Scottish, he was the engineer.

This is where they started.

Tell me where without using Google!!!

images (10).jpg

That's where they put a water pump motor into a bicycle frame.  Nothing has really changed since, except now most of the parts come from the good ole Asia.

Edited by EvenSteven

9 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Anybody know what happened when the Superbikes were here, have they been back?

There was talk years ago about cars (at Bira), but it was kiboshed as the customs wanted to charge import tax on all the vehicles...

:welcomeani:

This years round has already passed dude .. T'was back in early March .. Next yrs calendar won't be announced probably until this season ends to know when or if there will be another WSBK round in Thailand given that the Motogp deal has now been agreed .. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

If you scared of motorcycles then please do not ride one. You could endanger the lives of others. Especially people from countrys like England, who have little or no experience. On a two wheeled vehicle.

Oh I'm not frightened of motorcycles. I have been riding them since 1977, and both in the United Kingdom, and throughout Europe.

I'm just convinced that here riding  one here (other perhaps than local pottering on my little Yamaha) is simply far too dangerous.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JAG said:

Oh I'm not frightened of motorcycles. I have been riding them since 1977, and both in the United Kingdom, and throughout Europe.

I'm just convinced that here riding  one here (other perhaps than local pottering on my little Yamaha) is simply far too dangerous.

Driving any vehicle in thailand is safe,  If you know how to drive. and its definitely not to dangerous. LOL.

27 minutes ago, ovi1kanobi said:

That is not funny!

But it really did apply for a few years when production was farmed to a large corporation and the quality control went through the floor. It only improved when control was taken by one of the descendants, grandson, nephew? Can't really remember.

AMF, Had to google it.

?

Edited by overherebc

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

But it really did apply for a few years when production was farmed to a large corporation and the quality control went through the floor. It only improved when control was taken by one of the descendants, grandson, nephew? Can't really remember.

AMF, Had to google it.

?

In the early 1990's, Harley's sold in Houston came with a free pickup truck so you could get them home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

In the early 1990's, Harley's sold in Houston came with a free pickup truck so you could get them home.

Lots of stuff like that came out at the time.

The large panniers were fitted so you could carry all the spares and tools you would need etc.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Some of bigger honda bikes, Goldwings, Yamaha Aspencade maybe, but definately the Honda have a reverse gear.

It works using the starter motor.

Picture parking an 1800cc Goldwing front wheel to the kerb and downhill by mistake or necessity or get blocked in by cars or other bikes and you need to get out backwards.

Without a reversing system you would need a few people from the nearest bus queue to help you.

Never claimed there are no motorbikes with reverse gear, but which percentage of the bike models currently on the market this would represent?

I'm sure it's less than 1%

9 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Never claimed there are no motorbikes with reverse gear, but which percentage of the bike models currently on the market this would represent?

I'm sure it's less than 1%

Way less than 1% yes. My Goldi didn't have one, it was only 1100 cc. I think they started as an option when the engines went up to 1500cc. Mine also had a cigarette lighter and radio/cassette player. 

No ashtray though, but I reckon if someone had asked Honda they would probably have designed one that worked.

??

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Way less than 1% yes. My Goldi didn't have one, it was only 1100 cc. I think they started as an option when the engines went up to 1500cc. Mine also had a cigarette lighter and radio/cassette player. 

No ashtray though, but I reckon if someone had asked Honda they would probably have designed one that worked.

??

Dash

images (15).jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, overherebc said:

??

Not to mention this baby Overherb the 1600cc Amazonas that were fitted with a VW beetle engine and gearbox so reverse came as standard and at 370 odd kilos it needed one .. 

_20170902_085019.JPG

28 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Not to mention this baby Overherb the 1600cc Amazonas that were fitted with a VW beetle engine and gearbox so reverse came as standard and at 370 odd kilos it needed one .. 

_20170902_085019.JPG

That's a monster. The front brake must have had some work to do on that. How do you get something like that over and back up again on a bend? It would be like fighting five silver backs.

Would love to try it but at my age I would need training wheels fitted. ??

Edited by overherebc

Looking forward to going
But can we have programs please. None at superbikes.
Move the crap big screen from in front of the stand. Let us walk around the perimeter of the track. The rest is fine(ish)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I walked the perimeter of the track.

IMG_0246.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app