Why You Shouldn't Use the Term 'Third World Country' Anymore

Covertjay

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Happy with life? No one I ever met. The best most people have is OK.

Everyone I know worries about stuff like the direction the country is going, their children, Trump being elected, IS, North Korea, etc.

Happiness isn't an absence of problems . . . . happiness is being able to meet life's challenges with stoicism and decisiveness when they arise.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, Thai Ron said:

Happiness isn't an absence of problems . . . . happiness is being able to meet life's challenges with stoicism and decisiveness when they arise.

I've been happy a few times in my life, and your definition, IMO, is wrong.

Waking up next to a beautiful woman to a beautiful day on a beautiful beach sure beats out meeting life's challenges with stoicism and decisiveness when they arise every time.

Unfortunately, every time I've been happy, some bastard comes along to stuff it up.

Best I can do these days IS absence of problems. I'll take that while I can.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've been happy a few times in my life, and your definition, IMO, is wrong.

Waking up next to a beautiful woman to a beautiful day on a beautiful beach sure beats out meeting life's challenges with stoicism and decisiveness when they arise every time.

Unfortunately, every time I've been happy, some bastard comes along to stuff it up.

Best I can do these days IS absence of problems. I'll take that while I can.

My definition is right....for me.

I've had all that guff you're talking about and, at the time, I thought I'd reached my destination.

Turns out the real joy was in the journey.

You don't find happiness in other people; you find it in yourself.

If you can be happy alone, that's the holy grail.

A partner is just a bonus.

Did someone nick your "beautiful woam"? Is that what you mean by some bastard stuffing it up?

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:19 PM, Thai Ron said:

My definition is right....for me.

I've had all that guff you're talking about and, at the time, I thought I'd reached my destination.

Turns out the real joy was in the journey.

You don't find happiness in other people; you find it in yourself.

If you can be happy alone, that's the holy grail.

A partner is just a bonus.

Did someone nick your "beautiful woam"? Is that what you mean by some bastard stuffing it up?

Sure, the journey was great too, but sex is definitely better with someone else.

I could delve into the psychology of happiness, but it would take far too long to do properly.

For myself, the real journey is over, unless it continues on the other side, but it was a great ride while it lasted. Now I can only wish I remembered the good bits better, but photos do help to jog the grey cells.

Nah. The bastard is usually some officious bureaucrat that doesn't like people enjoying themselves and banning everything fun.

I once had an amazingly great job, but the boss was a cretin that did her best to ruin it. I ended up leaving to get away from the old baggage.

Not the only time it happened either.