L'Oreal sacks transgender model after comments on white people

rooster59

On 9/2/2017 at 9:28 AM, bert bloggs said:

Lets face it ,if "she" was not black (with some white in her) and transgender ,she would have about as much chance of becoming a model as me .

oh and as "all" white people are racist ,does that include the white ones that are married to "people of colour" must be pc ,and those of us married to Asians?

I will have to ask the very Asian missus whether she feels exploited and discriminated by an undeniable Caucasian.
Reports, in case the answer is not "what do you mean", to follow.
LoL

Edited by KKr

On 9/2/2017 at 9:52 AM, lupin said:

"When I stated that 'all white people are racist', I was addressing that fact that western society as a whole, is a SYSTEM rooted in white supremacy - designed to benefit, prioritise and protect white people before anyone of any other race," she said.

System that prioritizes whites?..  not doing a very good job then are they.... since East Asians, despite being a minority in western countries, earn more, have higher quality of living, experience and perpetrate less crime, have lower divorce rates, less state dependency, higher education (despite having to earn higher entry scores) etc.. than "whites" in their own countries.

you forgot to mention "work harder" ;-)

Anyone who disparages people from other races, is in fact the definition of a racist. Using pejorative terms (in this case using the word 'racist' as a pejorative term) to categorize all people of one skin color is quintessential racism.   It is not acceptable.  
So many people in this world have lost the message delivered in Dr. Martin Luther King's speech from August 28, 1963 in Washington DC.  And unfortunately, the new generation of those who espouse division between the races, and promote racial division and strife have probably never actually read anything by Dr. King and others like him.  

"We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force. The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny and their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone."

Dr. Martin Luther King, I have a Dream by Martin Luther King, Jr; August 28, 1963

When did that message get lost?

Dr. King promoted a doctrine of the integration of mankind based on our common humanity, not the isolation and division of people based on their perceived differences.  And I say 'perceived' because the most rabid racists would more than likely be floored by the results of a genetic test such as 23AndMe, which has a high probability of showing that most of us have an incredibly diverse genetic makeup that belies the overt color of our skin - and skin color is truly superficial.  

L'Oreal took the high road and did the right thing.  I respect them for that!

Edited by connda

Some ignorant white people are racist, as are minorities in other races. However our current societal cancer of PC is purely about labeling, not debate, nor solutions. PC allows the well to do liberal middle classes feel good about themselves as they courageously battle the deplorables in society. As such whites are all racist, anybody not supporting gay marriage is homophobic, against Muslim immigration then an Islamaphobe, against the idea of climate warming then a Climate Denier. And on it goes.

PC puppets have no useful economic or social ideas and they even disgustingly support the never ending wars against the poor of the world, they are devoid of objective thought, all they can do is parrot whatever propaganda the media is flogging at any given time. Debate expands the mind and often allows one to view things in a different light. The little read shutting down alternative thought is totalitarianism pure and simple, even if digested with a nice Chardonnay.

On 9/2/2017 at 3:32 PM, Jingthing said:

People are making too big a deal about this.

Corporate entities eschew controversy.

People often sign contracts agreeing to that.

So she was fired. So what. It's just about another corporation protecting itself. It's really nothing real about racism, either way. 

The racism was VERY real.

Is it only real when a white male does it?