Aussie Pays Bt40Mn 'Boybride' Price

TheWalkingMan

Aussie pays Bt40mn 'boybride' price

PHUKET: An Australian man wed his young Thai boyfriend in Chiang Mai yesterday, forking over 40 million baht in “boybride price” to the man's family for the privilege.

The traditional ceremony took place at the Chiang Mai home of Mr Chaiyanon “Un” Worasilp, a 27-year-old from Chachoengsao province, whose first name is unfortunately translated by the on-line Google Translation service as “Mr Bologna Repository”.

The groom, 60-year-old former Qantas Airline executive Leigh John Pleasance, was all smiles as he showered his young spouse with a non-binding dowry of cash, land and diamond and gold jewelry valued at 40 million baht.

Read more: http://www.phuketgazette.net/queernews/index.asp?id=11607

One thing I will say... The world will always provide jaw dropping stories that people cannot make up... The groom must be rolling in the stuff.

Thai Story with picture can be found with this link

Edited by Maestro
Added quote tags.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news yet about troubles inn the household or a tragic accident from the groom?

Naah,that would never happen......................in the first 2 days.

Why? The family already got the 4 mil.

I have a weird feeling about this, but the question is " who owns who?" wink.gif

Real love is hard to find these days, so it's a real bargain. smile.gif

But the man looks very happy, so I wish them both happiness, 'til (natural) death do them apart.

Any news yet about troubles inn the household or a tragic accident from the groom?

Naah,that would never happen......................in the first 2 days.

Why? The family already got the 4 mil.

I have a weird feeling about this, but the question is " who owns who?" wink.gif

Real love is hard to find these days, so it's a real bargain. smile.gif

But the man looks very happy, so I wish them both happiness, 'til (natural) death do them apart.

Actually it was 40 Million,not 4.

And why? you answered the question already,they got it already.................................Next

I forgot a zero, 40 not 4 mil baht (1,3 mil USD)

A divorce is enough to go to hubby #2. But come on, janverbeem, don't doubt true love! :-) I wonder if the boy comes from a rich family, because I can't imagine an average Thai family asking this much. Or did the man offered 40 mil baht?

Have always thought that we were paying these Qantas executrices too much!
Too true!And the prices of their Air Fares,should tell us who really pays their salaries.

And for his bride!

Edited by Femme

paid 40 million to the boys family? Well if it's true, I can only say there's one born every minute, but not always with 40 M Bht.

One born every minute indeed!

I am Amazed this thread has got so far without someone pointing out that same-sex marriage is not recognised in Thailand. (And quite rightly in my view, but that's another aspect which will doubtless get me 'struck off' for a week. Again. Ah well).

This love-struck Aussie MAY have gone through all the tricks with the doting family, threads round the wrists and other paraphernalia and people I mustn't mention, but he hasn't been to the Amphur office to legally ratify the marriage, has he?

'Cos if he tried, he'd be laughed out of the place by local officials needing breathing apparatus to cope with their mirth.

A farang gay man who IS a friend of mine is planning to wed his (mature) Thai partner properly, with a legal status marriage, in a place that recognises these things. Malaysia, I think. And without all this ballyhoo and bally silly splash of cash.

For that price could have had about a dozen American boybrides! :crazy:

post-37101-0-64788400-1323023144_thumb.j

Blimey, he's driving up the price ... :realangry:

I am Amazed this thread has got so far without someone pointing out that same-sex marriage is not recognised in Thailand.

I'm amazed you think we all don't already know that ...

Hopefully, some day gay marriage will be legal in Thailand like some of the more civilized countries in the world, and if word gets out about the price he paid, maybe sooner than some people expect.

Edited by Jingthing

A farang gay man who IS a friend of mine is planning to wed his (mature) Thai partner properly, with a legal status marriage, in a place that recognises these things. Malaysia, I think. And without all this ballyhoo and bally silly splash of cash.

It's unlikely to be Malaysia. Muslim country and all that.

I support legal gay marriage in all nations but I'm not sure about this particular coupling. The whole thing sounds so garish and publicizing the large sum so tactless. Are we sure this isn't a SATIRE or a big prank?

Edited by Jingthing

I support legal gay marriage in all nations but I'm not sure about this particular coupling. The whole thing sounds so garish and publicizing the large sum so tactless. Are we sure this isn't a SATIRE or a big prank?

Perhaps a clue can be found in the name Bologna Repository?:whistling:

paid 40 million to the boys family? Well if it's true, I can only say there's one born every minute, but not always with 40 M Bht.

One born every minute indeed!

I am Amazed this thread has got so far without someone pointing out that same-sex marriage is not recognised in Thailand. (And quite rightly in my view, but that's another aspect which will doubtless get me 'struck off' for a week. Again. Ah well).

This love-struck Aussie MAY have gone through all the tricks with the doting family, threads round the wrists and other paraphernalia and people I mustn't mention, but he hasn't been to the Amphur office to legally ratify the marriage, has he?

'Cos if he tried, he'd be laughed out of the place by local officials needing breathing apparatus to cope with their mirth.

Not Malaysia

LGBT rights are not recognized in Malaysia. The nation retains its colonial era penal code criminalizing sodomy. Social attitudes towards the LGBT community are also shaped by Islam, the official religion in Malaysia.

Read Wiki