Ngo Charity Visa

I am Swedish i am retired but i am not 50 years of age.

I got retirement visa from Thai embassy in Sweden before 3 x 4 before

Then I got married got a marriage visa and now I am divorcing (thank you my Buddha)

I can get a part time / full time work from a big NGO but they have no office in Thailand I am there office so to speak. They have office in other countries but not in Thailand.

Can I get some kind of work permit or visa for this?

First of all I guess I need some kind of permit to this kind of work and second if I can not get a visa for it can I still ask permission to do the work?

I called 1111 and they said “we do not have NGO or Charity visa” meaning they have no idea what they are talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

I might be interested to take up NGO work for a while as well. Sorry, I don't know how to get a visa or work permit NGO, but obviously it must be possible since there are Christian priests from many European countries working here in Thailand.

Does anyone here know how to get this or know what person at Labor Department or Immigration to talk with who is knowledgeable about NGO visas?

I am Swedish i am retired but i am not 50 years of age.

I got retirement visa from Thai embassy in Sweden before 3 x 4 before

Then I got married got a marriage visa and now I am divorcing (thank you my Buddha)

I can get a part time / full time work from a big NGO but they have no office in Thailand I am there office so to speak. They have office in other countries but not in Thailand.

Can I get some kind of work permit or visa for this?

First of all I guess I need some kind of permit to this kind of work and second if I can not get a visa for it can I still ask permission to do the work?

I called 1111 and they said "we do not have NGO or Charity visa" meaning they have no idea what they are talking about.

I called 1111 and they said “we do not have NGO or Charity visa” meaning they have no idea what they are talking about.

More likely, they had no idea what you were talking about. But fortunately, there is ThaiVisa.

Information about the types of visa that are available for travel to Thailand can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. There is a link to it in the topic “Thai Immigration Laws, Regulations, Police Orders” pinned at the top of this forum.

To work in Thailand, you will need to enter Thailand on a non-B visa and then get a work permit from the Labour Department. For this, you would have to be an employee of a locally registered company or NGO, which you appear not be. This would seem to make it impossible for you to get a work permit. Perhaps Sunbelt will have some information on it.

The Immigration Bureau deals with extensions of stay and will come into play if and when you get your wok permit. Details about extensions of stay can be found in National Police Order 606/2549, a link to which you can also find in the aforementioned pinned topic.

--

Maestro

Thanks Maestro!

Yes i know how to search in a forum and when i serach for NGO i get something about a girl in cambodia. Well anyway i know that post as well but as you told me they need a company here or a NGO here and they do not.

There must be 1000 of people working here from other countries with not a company registred as NGO.

There must be some person that you can talk to and and some kind of free pass some one is giving out some were. I need help finding it :o

So if the NGO is registered, work permit and visa should be quite easy to get then, I assume.

Is it difficult to get an NGO registered in Thailand then? I know registering a limited company is a piece of cake, but does anyone know if it is very difficult, expensive, or time consuming to register an international NGO in Thailand?

I guess i am going to send an email to every law firm in Bangkok Post today to see what they say :o

There’s a law firm, Sunbelt Asia, sponsoring this forum. You might want to start with them.

--

Maestro

Well i as they do not say anything in here i guess they do not know anything about it. Maybe the most to coperate stuff i do not know.

I sent some emails to some law firms 10 i think only 3 answer Sunbelt was one of them and they said they not do Charity visa and thats cool as long as they answer. Shame on the rest once.

Now it looks like i am heading down to immigration and ask them, does anybody know how to get pass the numbers and really talk to someome?

Is there anyplace to go?

• 4 weeks later...

Was in the immigration today to do my 90 days and tried to get a number ohh dear 2 hours wait no no. So got the form and looked some stuff on internet but somethings i do not understand. If some one know please help

http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=service#

to be on duty in a Government Enterprise or Charity Organization

Application form T.M.7 with one 4x6 cm. photograph and 1900 Baht Visa fee. CHECK

Copy of passport ( Certified true copy ) CHECK

Visa extension in case of working for

Public Charity Organization or Foreign Private Organization

The document requirements are;

An official letter from the State Enterprise or the concerned Government Department

Do they mean from the Thai goverment then i guess?

A letter to support from the Public Charity Organization or Foreign Private Organization

What does this mean?

A copy of the work permit or copy of the application for the work permit (Tor Thor 2) from the Department of Employment

So i have to go there first?

A permission form that shows you can run a foreign private organization in the country

How do i get that?

A letter to explain the work performed by the foreign national on behalf of the Public Charity Organization ( The letter must be formatted the Immigration Bureau's standard)

Ok that one i understand

The name list of all foreigners who work in the Public Charity Organization

Ok only me

In the case of having income need;

The evidence of tax payment of the applicant (Por Ngor Dor 1) with receipt of payment in the latest month (First year) and

The evidence of income tax form (Por Ngor Dor 91) with receipt of payment for the last year worked in Thailand (Another year)

No have

Foundation or Association

The document requirements are;

An official letter from the concerned Government Department (In case of One Stop)

What is this?

A letter to support from the Foundation or Association

Yes i can get that

A copy of a permission form to establish the Foundation or Association

Where do i get that?

A copy of work permit or copy of application for the work permit (Tor Thor 2) from the Department of Employment

So i need to go there first?

A letter to explain the work performed by the foreign national on behalf of the Foundation or Association ( The letter must be formatted to the Immigration Bureau's standard )

Ok

The name list of all foreigners who work in the Foundation or Association

In the case of having income need;

The evidence of tax payment of the applicant (Por Ngor Dor 1) with receipt of payment in the latest month (First year) and

The evidence of income tax form (Por Ngor Dor 91) with receipt of payment for the last year worked in Thailand (Another year)

No have only me

To many things i need help with :o