What Do You Miss About The Uk

BIG SPUDS

And if you want good British beer you have to go north!
Where do you mean by North? Shetland, Inverness?

Pisses me off English speaking about North being Newcastle.

All a bunch of poofs :o

If you want a real drink go to the land of whisky.

I miiss haggis suppers and real chips.

Try a night out in Newcastle. People are so much more friendly up here. Loads of fit birds, easy to approach, and you gotta love a geordie girls accent. 

You got to be joking! Friendly ????

I compare the friendliness of the UK to Thailand, the farther North you go the friendlier the people.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good choice of English language books and magazines that don't need a mortgage to buy.

English language news papers (not the Post or Nation).

Chocolate (not American Chocolate flavoured candy - eg Hershy Bars).

My daughter - she lives with her mother in Cork, Eire - son lives with me, wife II and kids (round 3 - don't ask).

British Indian Curry.

Curry sauce (real stuff, not out of a sachet - yuk!) on real chips.

Driving (don't in LOS - but hate doing it in UK, but miss it when in LOS - go figure!)

ADSL 1Mbit pipe

I just realised that I miss Radio 1. Although it has changed from when I used to listen to it years ago, I miss John Peel's evening show at 10pm. Used to get it on World sevice about 12 years ago down on Koh Phan Ngan. Not sure if the guy is still alive.

Is the Shetlands and Inverness in England now? :D
I compare the friendliness of the UK to Thailand, the farther North you go the friendlier the people.

Erm, that's what I was saying... :o

QUOTE (Neeranam @ Mon 2004-10-25, 11:51:47)

Is the Shetlands and Inverness in England now? 

Erm, that's what I was saying

The words British were in my quote! Is Britain only England now?? I wish, hopefully one day :o

If you meant Newcastle is North then what is 500 miles above that?

I am talking about the UK, you are talking about England.

It's bad enough most Thais not knowing what counrties are in the UK or GB, you English should know.

QUOTE (medicinebox @ Mon 2004-10-25, 01:01:38)

QUOTE (GuestHouse @ Sun 2004-10-24, 10:47:47)

And if you want good British beer you have to go north! 

Yep. No soft southern shandy drinking bastards up here. 

Try a night out in Newcastle. People are so much more friendly up here. Loads of fit birds, easy to approach, and you gotta love a geordie girls accent. 

Shandy is the only way northerners can handle strong Southern beer. 

Look at the title of this thread - UK is in it, no England or London!

Away days watching Newcastle.

A pint of Pedigree or Theakstons XB.

Kebabs and Midget Gems.

Watching Sky's live Sunday game in the pub surrounded by slabs of Cheddar, chunks of black pudding, pickled eggs, pickled onions and pickled mates.

Taking the dogs on the beach.

#

I just realised that I miss Radio 1. Although it has changed from when I used to listen to it years ago, I miss John Peel's evening show at 10pm. Used to get it on World sevice about 12 years ago down on Koh Phan Ngan. Not sure if the guy is still alive.

He's still alive and you can get him here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/johnpeel/index.shtml :o

Just heard he died today. F***ing unbelievable. Will be missed by many. RIP John.

He's still alive and you can get him here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/johnpeel/index.shtml :D

Just heard he died today. F***ing unbelievable. Will be missed by many. RIP John.

I can't believe it .... :o

Legendary radio DJ John Peel dies

totster

This is truly sad. He was head and shoulders above the rest - Mike Reid, Noel Edmonds, DLT, DJ Pat etc etc. His festive 100 in the run up to Christmas was essential listening, like most of what he broadcast IMHO. Rest In Peace JP, you will live long in the memory.

This is truly sad. He was head and shoulders above the rest - Mike Reid, Noel Edmonds, DLT, ........

When you list the other "DJ"s, it makes you realise just how much better than them he really was. He just gave us good music - "Top Gear" in fact! Feeling very sad now. We'll miss you John.

This is truly sad. He was head and shoulders above the rest - Mike Reid, Noel Edmonds, DLT, DJ Pat etc etc. His festive 100 in the run up to Christmas was essential listening, like most of what he broadcast IMHO. Rest In Peace JP, you will live long in the memory.

Mike Reid, Noel Edmonds, DLT, DJ Pat 

DJ pat :o:D

QUOTE (RDN @ Tue 2004-10-26, 20:30:23)

QUOTE (RDN @ Mon 2004-10-25, 23:05:52)

QUOTE (Neeranam @ Mon 2004-10-25, 22:09:56)

He's still alive and you can get him here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/johnpeel/index.shtml 

I can't believe it .... 

I ca't believe it too.

I saw a documentary film in Siam Square a bout a year or two ago called,"Teenage Kicks", narrated by him. What a decent bloke he was!

Remeber seeing him in the Maggie May video "playing" mandolin.

Very talented and will be remembered for a long time.

Remember listening in awe to "White Riot" on my trannie in bed, this song by The Clash a huge influence on my musical life.

I miss my Mini Cooper S (original chassis) - such a blast to drive.

I also miss the courtesy of other drivers, especially when comparing to Thai drivers. Only problem in the UK is when that courtesy goes amiss, then it's road rage h3ll! :o

I also miss the fact that if a guy walked up to you under any circumstances and called you "handsome", it would be almost completely understood for landing him one, unlike here...