Schegen Visa For Spain

The Mrs went to the Spanish Embassy Wednesday and submitted the application for the Schegen Visa, she said it was heaving with only 1 counter open. Decision will be made and the Mrs contacted 21st or 22nd.

Fingers crossed.

Jimmy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the plan Delboy, we are only going over for 4 or 5 nights - I need SOME sun on my time off!!

When she applied at the Spanish Embassy she had:

A copy of my parents condo deeds in Tenerife;

A letter from them inviting us to stay there;

A sponsership letter from me about the trip and i'm paying etc;

Provisionally booked flights (which have to be booked and proved to get her passport back);

Travel insurance for the time there with an upper limit of 3 million baht;

Passport, copies, photos etc

She actaully went up with all of the UK visa application that I prepared as well but the list above is what they kept, to get her passport back I have had to book the tickets and e-mail them to Mon to show at the embassy.

Hope that helps.

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy - it helps a lot.

Seems like a lot of hassle just to have a holiday doesn't it...

I have a quick question (sorry mate).

Did you, your parents or her have to provide copies of bank statements or proof of funds?

Thanks again Jimmy and have a good holiday.

Regards

Oldfield

My parents didn't, by the time the Mrs went to the embassy I was already away but she did take all the gumph from her UK application and that had her bank book with about 60,000 baht and all my bank statements etc, I know they didn't keep any of them but i'm not sure weather they looked at the folder etc.

Your right it is a lot of hassle for a holiday but i'm kind of working under the assumption that the more successes wih visas etc now then there (hopefully) won't be any problems later when applying for further visas and also with this Schegen visa we can bugger off to France for the day etc

Hope that helps.

Jimmy

Thanks Mahout Angrit, I wasn't aware of that, as mentioned im now back at work and the Mrs hasn't yet collected the passport, she has the tickets now and will be going on her day off from work which is Wednesday so we will have to wait and see. Which one would they give if we didn't specify which one we wanted in the 1st place, i'm guessing from what you've said that it will be a single entry valid for 1 month??

Jimmy

Which one would they give if we didn't specify which one we wanted in the 1st place, i'm guessing from what you've said that it will be a single entry valid for 1 month??

Jimmy I dont know but Schengen visas are issed for various periods depending on what evidence you gave and how many times you requested to enter.

A single entry will, as the name implies, allow you to enter the Schengen states once but while you are in you can buzz around all the states as you wish.

The Mrs went to the Spanish Embassy Wednesday and submitted the application for the Schegen Visa, she said it was heaving with only 1 counter open. Decision will be made and the Mrs contacted 21st or 22nd.

Fingers crossed.

Jimmy

Apply for one for france,they give out lots more and quicker....you can still go anywhere in europe,as the same visa is classed for all e.u countries,we did this and went to portugal....lot easier and quicker than applying for a portugese or spanish schengen visa! did it all in the post took 2 weeks...p.s the algarve is far better than spain!....good luck

Is it still on Wireless Road?

Yes, from another thread on this forum

SPANISH EMBASSY IN BANGKOK

Seventh floor (701-702)

Diethelm Towers A,

93/1 Wireless Road

Bangkok 10330.

P.O.B.: 449 Bangkok 10501

And how much is it please?
Depends how long you are applying for and whether it's single or multiple.

If she is your wife and you are a UK citizen it will be free.

....you can still go anywhere in europe,as the same visa is classed for all e.u countries...

Not really. The Schengen visa is limited to 15 countries only (plus Switzerland if you have a multiple-Schengen visa)

The Schengen signatories are as below, excluding e.g. UK.

Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden.

The girlfriend is off to the Spanish Embassy in Bangers next week to apply for her Spanish/Shengen Visa. I have a couple more questions for my learned friends:

If she applies for a 30 day visa to go in May, and gets it, will there be a window when she can use it. ie. a validity date. As we have not decided when exactly we are going (it will be either May or June, but the itinerary and insurance are for May, but can be changed). Or will she get the exact dates she applies for? Anyone know about this?

As she is my gf, does she need to provide photos of us together over the last few years?

Many thanks for your help and wish me (us) luck.

Oldfield

The Mrs picked her passport up and the visa is a 3 month multiple entry valid from the beginning of June, so does that mean we can also visit France by entering via the UK as its multiple entry as well visiting Tenerife?

Viva Espana!!

Jimmy

If it's a multiple entry for Spain, then she can visit Spain as many times as she wants. i'm pretty sure it doesn't allow he to visit other countries (especially if she didn't apply for other countries).

Good luck

Edited by Oldfield

The Mrs picked her passport up and the visa is a 3 month multiple entry valid from the beginning of June, so does that mean we can also visit France by entering via the UK as its multiple entry as well visiting Tenerife?

Yes Jimmy....with a multiple entry visa you can visit any of the Schengen states on seperate visits from UK or by travelling from one to another. Good luck and enjoy the busy year!