Work Permit Finished

Hi need a bit info i was an native english teacher at a goverment school in phitsanulok have non imm B and work permit almost complete just needed form wp.5 to finish work permit but due to a pain in the butt thai teacher in my pratom 1b class who can,t stand farangs,i thought best to move on i took my w.p back to the labour office today now 90 day notification attached to non imm B is stamped till the 25 mar 2008 which i got at mae sot got B visa at ventiene so question is the 90 day stamp still valid now i dont have work permit and if not can i get non imm o single entry at lao thanks in advance. :o

What visa do you currently have, if it was to be tied to your w/p I think you now have a problem, no w/p means no visa.

If this is the case you have 7 days to leave the country, you can possibly re-enter on a 30 day entry.

Edited by Artisi

Work permit does not effect a visa entry. If you are here on a 90 day stay you can remain until the end of that period. Only when on extensions of stay (one year) do you get hit with the 7 days to leave.

thanks lopburi so the non imm B is valid for 90 day stay, then can i change to a non imm o at lao in order to get back a retirment visa which i have had for the last 2 years.

You don't need to change visas - you can apply for a one year extension of stay from your present visa entry during the last 30 days of its validity. The only requirement is a non immigrant visa - and even if you didn't have one you can obtain from immigration for an extra 2,000 baht if you had 21 days or more remaining on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

You don't need to change visas - you can apply for a one year extension of stay from your present visa entry during the last 30 days of its validity. The only requirement is a non immigrant visa - and even if you didn't have one you can obtain from immigration for an extra 2,000 baht if you had 21 days or more remaining on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

so i can get a retirment visa on my non imm B thanks again. :o

re previous posting, great info from lopburi 3 just wanna post copy of B visa and 90 day slip as work permit was not finished ie form wp 5 not taken in to labour dept,i returned blue book on tuesday just as a double check that i dont get stuffed with 7 day rule,thanks in advance. :o

post-53751-1199942043_thumb.jpg

post-53751-1199942079_thumb.jpg

re previous posting, great info from lopburi 3 just wanna post copy of B visa and 90 day slip as work permit was not finished ie form wp 5 not taken in to labour dept,i returned blue book on tuesday just as a double check that i dont get stuffed with 7 day rule,thanks in advance. :o

It looks like you only have 7 days. You are actually on an extension of stay. Only it is a 90 days extension, but I believe when the work permit goes away, so does the extension of stay regardless of the length. If you were still using the 90 days of the visa, then you could stay, but since you are on an extension, I believe you need to follow the 7 day rule.

At this point you probably need a border run.

Agreed - stamp says it's an extension of stay granted inside Thailand on 28 Dec, not a visa, so the extension will expire before March as the WP has been returned and cancelled. Off to Laos with you smartly, aazA.

Edited by paully

Hi need a bit info i was an native english teacher at a goverment school in phitsanulok have non imm B and work permit almost complete just needed form wp.5 to finish work permit but due to a pain in the butt thai teacher in my pratom 1b class who can,t stand farangs,i thought best to move on i took my w.p back to the labour office today now 90 day notification attached to non imm B is stamped till the 25 mar 2008 which i got at mae sot got B visa at ventiene so question is the 90 day stamp still valid now i dont have work permit and if not can i get non imm o single entry at lao thanks in advance. :o

Hmm . . . . I hope you're not teaching English Grammar and punctuation.