1 Year Multi Non-imm 'o' - How Easy To Get In Australia?

Hi all, a British mate (on UK passport) has lived and worked full time in Australia for some years now. He wants to get a 1 yr multi entry non-imm "o" Thai visa from the Royal Thai Consulate General in Sydney, based on visiting friends in Thailand.

Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with getting a non-imm "o" visa, for the above reason, from the Thai Consulate in Australia.

I get mine with no problem from Hull when I go home to the UK, but am aware that some other consulates in the world are not so "generous". With the benefit of everyone's experience here, I would like to advise my mate in Oz. what his chances are.

Thanks in advance.

Totally agree:- For whatever reason Sydney is a pain for Aussies let alone forigners.

Both Perth and Brisbane friendly and helpful to most nationalities.

Note: Perth is only open Tuesday and Thursday morning. It takes a minimum of those two days to process.

I have an American friend who flew into Brisbane in the morning and was on a flight back to BKK with his 12 month Non O visa that afternoon. Easy!

Make it Brisbane mate. Cheaper and quicker to travel than Perth which is at the end of the world.

They will gladly take his loot and issue and O

He could also get a letter from a company in Oz saying they want him to investigate business oportunities for them and he will get a multi B.

From the Thai Consulate in Perth I have received many times,

"Non-Immigrant Visa Classification 'O' Extension to stay not permitted, good for Multi journey (s)"

No reason for visit was required. Consulate was in a Solicitors office.

• 2 months later...

I live in North Queensland when not in Thailand and apply by mail successfully all the time because I live a thousand KLM's from Brisbane. Usually takes about a week. Forms can be downloaded from Their web site. Do a google on "Royal Thai Consulate General" Australia and go to the Sydney site to get the forms and them Mail them to the Brisbane office. Bill Dunn is the consulate and an easy guy to talk to if you need to call.