How To Post With Photo ?

ozzydom

Bearing in mind that I am completely computer illiterate, how do I transfer a photo from Document file to a posting, in easy steps please ? Left my Idiots Guide in Oz (along with my ex, thought she needed it more than me ). I run XP .

Bearing in mind that I am  completely computer illiterate, how do I transfer a photo from Document file to a posting, in easy steps please ? Left my Idiots Guide in Oz (along with my ex, thought she needed it more than me ). I run XP .

I'm fairly useless at these things but I just right click the image, save it to desktop, then upload it to any free photo host. Then, cut n paste the url provided or click on 'img' at the top here and add the url. Clear as mud probably and there's likely an easier way...

Here's one free photo server- just click on your avatar below:

7cb47d7650.jpg

Not sure if George minds having the linkthru tho???:o But there's loads of free photo servers, just google n good luck

Edited by bahtandsold

Bearing in mind that I am  completely computer illiterate, how do I transfer a photo from Document file to a posting, in easy steps please ? Left my Idiots Guide in Oz (along with my ex, thought she needed it more than me ). I run XP .

Ok ozzydom.

1) Goto photobucket.com and open a free account

2) Upload any pics to this site single or multiple. Just click on the box for multiple

3) Right click on the IMG below the pic. There will be 3 address sort of things under everypic. You want the one with IMG in the title. Copy that address.

4) Gotto your reply to a post or where you put in a post etc. Then write your reply witty comment etc,

5) Click on the box Marked IMG. This will bring up a small box. Delette the http/ thingy. Then roght click and paste the address to your pic.

6) then submit your post. Whey hey. You got your comments and pic.

Any problems then let me know.

Ok ozzydom.

2) Upload any pics to this site single or multiple. Just click on the box for multiple

3) Right click on the IMG below the pic. There will be 3 address sort of things under everypic. You want the one with IMG in the title. Copy that address.

4) Gotto your reply to a post or where you put in a post etc. Then write your reply witty comment etc,

5) Click on the box Marked IMG. This will bring up a small box. Delette the http/ thingy. Then roght click and paste the address to your pic.

Thanks heaps, tried it but got reply ,Dynamic pages in IMG tags not allowed, what is Dynamic page ???

Ok ozzydom.

Thanks heaps, tried it but got reply ,Dynamic pages in IMG tags not allowed, what is Dynamic page ???

oops my mistake. Copy the url the top box. Then do everything after that step 3. Like this...

ani-moon.gif

IMG_00032.jpg

In photobucket you need to list the url under the pic, there is a choice of 3, enter the url after clicking on IMG here (I think) :o

---------

Too fast for me jock. :D

Edited by udon

I believe, with the soft ware used here, it should be possible to post image files directly.

That's a feature marked "File attachments" that let's you browse in your own folders or desktop, identify the attachment you want to add and attach it.

Guess this function has been disabled?

Perhaps, if it is too easy we get a whole picture book and need far more bandwidth.

Edited by Axel

I believe, with the soft ware used here, it should be possible to post image files directly.

That's a feature marked "File attachments" that let's you browse in your own folders or desktop, identify the attachment you want to add and attach it.

Guess this function has been disabled? ...

It's enabled in some forums, but I don't know which, or why :o

Guess this function has been disabled? ...

It's enabled in some forums, but I don't know which, or why :o

It is done in the permissions masks.

However, as george suggested we have our own galleries here where photos can be uploaded then linked to an individual post via the IMG facility.

Ok ozzydom.

oops my mistake. Copy the url the top box. Then do everything after that step 3. Like this...

ani-moon.gif

Many thanks Jockstar and the other advisers,got it this time, posted photo in Isaan forum, bike riding.

• 5 months later...
I've seen large thumbnails here, how is that done?

Without using photobucket.com ? :o

edit : can't spell "thumbnails"  :D

When replying to a topic, if you scroll down to the section under the Post Icons, you'll see File Attachments.

If you click the Browse button, you can select an image file from your local hard disk, Add This Attachment, wait for it to load, then click somewhere in your post to locate the blinking cursor, then Add Into Post.

You'll get a little [attachmentid=xxx] message, then Add Reply as usual.

Like this.

post-15398-1129279384_thumb.jpg

I've seen large thumbnails here, how is that done?

Without using photobucket.com ? :o

edit : can't spell "thumbnails"  :D

When replying to a topic, if you scroll down to the section under the Post Icons, you'll see File Attachments.

If you click the Browse button, you can select an image file from your local hard disk, Add This Attachment, wait for it to load, then click somewhere in your post to locate the blinking cursor, then Add Into Post.

You'll get a little [attachmentid=xxx] message, then Add Reply as usual.

Like this.

post-15398-1129279384_thumb.jpg

This IMO is the best way to post a picture in Thaivisa forum:

- it saves bandwidth

- it loads the photograph relatively quickly even if you have a slow connection

- it shows a thumbnail which gives you the choice; be satisfied with the thumbnail or click on the thumbnail and see the picture at its original size and resolution.

- it retains a uniform size to the Thaivisa forum page on your computer.

Uploading large, high resolution photographs as some of the other methods allow (Kan Win and Jockstar), slow down considerably the loading of pages and often distorts the picture of the forum page, and all following pages on that screen, so that the image expands beyond the limits of the physical screen on your computer - it doesn't look professional.

The only issue with posting photos in this manner, is that the ThaiVisa server has been uploaded with your file, and is therefore hosting your image.

Does the server have enough storage space?

Reason why I ask... at the bottom of my reply page next to the File Attachments I currently see the following message:

Attachments

Global Space Left: 22.36mb

Question for ThaiVisa Admin: is this the total of TV's remaining attachment space, or is it the remaining attachment space for user Jai Dee?

I was wondering about this.

Get a free photobucket.com a/c and follow posts 6 +.

You list the url, not the img link in photobucket.

Try it here and preview yer post. :o

From another thread.

This is a guide to posting images on the forum that you find elsewhere on the web.

Please read, even if you think that you know how to do it.

Many people have been directly hotlinking images into the forum, but guess what, nobody can see them.

When they look at your post, if they are using firefox then they will just see the words "user posted image" if they are using IE then they just see a red X.

The reason for this is that most web sites don't like to have their bandwidth used by other sites, so they prevent direct hotlinking from themselves.

Now I hear the original poster saying things like, "well I can see the image, so it must be a problem at your end". WRONG, the reason that you can see the image, but nobody else can is because you are loading the image from within your browser's cache and not from the original host.  OK.

There is an easy way around this though by following these simple steps. 

1) Right click on the image at the original site.

2) Click "save image as"

3) Save the image to your computer. (desktop is fine, it will be easy to find it in step 5)

4) Go to is1.gif

5) Click on the "Browse" button and then select the image that you saved in step 3

6) Click on the "host it" button.

7) ImageShack will then show you different links that you can use, either using "thumbnails" or using a full size image.(if the image is small to start with then the thumbnails options wont be shown)

8) Click on the text in the box next to "Hotlink for forums (1)", it should then become "highlighted".

9) Press Ctlr-C to copy the text to your clip-board.

10) Go back to the "Posting New Topic"

11) Click on your post where you want the image inserted.

12) Press Ctlr-V to paste the text into your post.

After you click "Post" you should then see your image like this...

mlnslg7zo.gif

Uploading large, high resolution photographs as some of the other methods allow (Kan Win and Jockstar), slow down considerably the loading of pages and often distorts the picture of the forum page, and all following pages on that screen, so that the image expands beyond the limits of the physical screen on your computer - it doesn't look professional.

:D:D:D

Ex-cues-me Thomas_Merton :D for posting my photos from my WebPage, but it is far easier for me to do that as I have over 1,000 photo on it.

For sure, when I post my Panoramic Photos up, Yes they are a little long, but then you get the picture on you monitor which you could never see in real life, hence one posts these Som Tam (read sometimes).

For me to find the photo that I think matches the “Fred” or him :D that I wish to respond to, it would take me a hours to do:-

a ) find the photo

b ) then re posting it or attaching it

c ) and not reading all the other posts whilst waiting for that ex-err-size to work. :D

In other words, my way is much quicker, simpler (as I have already done my up-loading) and easier to find in my 40 odd sub-directories.

As to the SIZE of my posts i.e. photo only one person mention that they did not like it :D . Quite a few members however complemented my work. :o

Happy days

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :D

P.S. I have a monitor that is 17” and the page looks mighty fine to me, High resolution and Quite Pro.

Edited by Kan Win

From another thread.
This is a guide to posting images on the forum that you find elsewhere on the web.

...and why do you ignore Jai Dee's correct description of what one should do on Thaivisa (see posting #16)?

Ummmm... I actually do it both ways TM. :o

And I don't mean sexually... :D

I wouldn't say one way is correct and the other isn't... they are simply different ways requiring different techniques... geez, I'm even beginning to sound a bit sus to myself... :D