Living In Chiang Mai & Need Non Imm B

Hello,

I have to go get my non-immigrant visa next week. I am currently in Chiang mai. Can anyone suggest a good place to go to obtain it. I have heard recently they are turning people away from Vientienne. I don't want to pay the money and spend the time getting there, then find out they won't issue me one. I have also heard Phnom Penh doesn't issue visas for Chiang Mai. Anyone know where would be best!!!!!?????? Maybe Penang or Rangoon, Burma ??

thanks

I believe he is asking about using an agent in Penang to submit and pick up the paperwork and that is ok to do. Any travel agency will obtain a tourist visa and there are a number of agents that can do non immigrant type also. Read back in this forum for a number of recommendations.

That said, I usually preferred to DIY just in case there was a question.

I believe he is asking about using an agent in Penang to submit and pick up the paperwork and that is ok to do.  Any travel agency will obtain a tourist visa and there are a number of agents that can do non immigrant type also.  Read back in this forum for a number of recommendations.

That said, I usually preferred to DIY just in case there was a question.

Those travel agents in Penang have a way with obtaining multi's there :o There was a thread on here last week naming the good guys. A lil search on here will reveal all

• 2 months later...
Any idea what Rangoon is like to obtain non-immigrant B visas too?

I've been kicking around the idea of a multiple entry, non-imm visa run (Thai wife) to Rangoon as well.

But I can't seem to find info on whether the Thai Embassy there is equipped to do these, or only tourist VISAs.

Anyone ever tried for this type of VISA there?

Thanks.

Hi,

No I didn't mean that. i meant that if I went to Penang to get my non - imm B visa then should I go to the consulate or get an agent to do it.

Sorry for the confusion :o

I have used the same bookshop/visa agent/moneychanger in Penang for three successful one year Non-B multiple entry visas. From my experience they will not take your money and papers unless they are certain that the process will go smoothly. Day 1 hand in the paperwork (the more, the better!), photos etc pay up the cash - day 2 return and collect passport with new visa - no hassle, no worries.

I'm sure a search on TV will provide the required info, if not then please feel free to PM.

JxP

On what basis have you received the non-em b visas?

Married to Thai/job(with all docs) are obvious but what about some of the other "softer" classes such as "visiting friends", "business trip to look for investments(with invite letter)" Etc.?

And for how long (12 month visas? 6 month? 3 months?).

Cheers!

On what basis have you received the non-em b visas?

Married to Thai/job(with all docs) are obvious but what about some of the other "softer" classes such as "visiting friends", "business trip to look for investments(with invite letter)" Etc.?

And for how long (12 month visas? 6 month?  3 months?).

Cheers!

Originally (2 or three times - would have to check) based on being in Thailand to represent a UK company seeking to purchase Thai products. All that was required was a letter from the company confirming my job and intentions in Thailand along with a paragraph saying that the company would guarantee my repatriation if necessary - signed by a company director (me) plus a personal letter from me reconfirming the content of the company letter.

Last visa was based on a letter from a newly formed Thai company on the basis that I would be seeking a work permit.

12 month non-imm B multi-entry every time.

JxP

Thanks Juniorexpat!

So your own UK company guarenteed your stay - signed by yourself.

I presume you then had to do the visa run every 3 months?

Cheers!

Correct on both counts.

It is a very small family company and another member of the family signed the letter off originally - I just though that I would try an experiment once and sign it myself (ok it could have back fired :o ) and hey presto all went smoothly.

Once every three months to Mae Sai/Tachilek to stock up on deep fried broad beans, chestnuts, umbrellas and mosquito bats! (Oh and to collect that all-important stamp in my passport - have only once been asked to show the required wedge of baht.)

Of course the work permit will stop the need for those three month trips.

JxP