A Rumour...

Jai Dee

All the Thais at my workplace this morning are talking about the latest predictions from the fortune tellers in the local newspapers... 30 days and 30 nights of wind, rain, storms, and maybe a tsunami... starting from 1st October (tomorrow). :D

Anyone else heard about it? :o

Note: I'm not usually one to start rumours or post gossip, but this has got everyone really animated... :D

All the Thais at my workplace this morning are talking about the latest predictions from the fortune tellers in the local newspapers... 30 days and 30 nights of wind, rain, storms, and maybe a tsunami... starting from 1st October (tomorrow).  :D

Anyone else heard about it?  :o

Note: I'm not usually one to start rumours or post gossip, but this has got everyone really animated...  :D

It's probably the gods giving warning of my up coming trip to Thailand.

Funny though usually it's Earthquakes and Fire falling from the sky :D

Fortune Tellers. I never understand why they aren't all millionaires, after all shouldn't they be able to predict lottery numbers etc?

Anyway here is a little story that happened to me a while ago. My wife went to the local fortune-teller and he pulled out books and all sorts of stuff. It was like a swap shop from a Kindergarten. Anyway, this was told about 2 years ago that within a year the following would happen :

1. We would both be bankrupt

2. I would be either dead or permenantly disabled

3. My wife would be in jail serving a long term for a very serious crime

The nearest any prediction came to being true, was I cut my foot and got an infection that has laid me up from the Seunebt Asia Football team for a few weeks.

I also believe there was alot of jealousy, as my wife had started a building project.

Fortune Tellers. I never understand why they aren't all millionaires, after all shouldn't they be able to predict lottery numbers etc?

I used to ask the guy at wictory monumnent theat very quesation.

When a fortune teller asks me if I want a go, I often say, "you already know the answer to that question if you are good", which means if they are good they walk away, if they are not they end up admitting the fact!

When I went to India on my first trip to Asia, I arrived in Delhi from Bombay. I went to the local park with my mate as soon as we got off the train. We ended up sitting next to a guy who preceded to tell me my name, that I worked as an engineer on an oil rig and that I would marry an Indian girl. He was right with my name, job but not about the wife(at that time). He turns out to be 50% right about the wife too! Amazing, I BELIEVE !!!!!!

I sat next to a chinese guy from Taiwan on a flight. He asked me if he could check me, and i allowed. He pressed two fingers kind of hard in the wrist pulse area for about a minute with his eyes closed. He relayed to me my past medical problems i have had and was 100% on. Someone told me once there was a name for this-forgot, and many are very accurate. I was amazed :o

All the Thais at my workplace this morning are talking about the latest predictions from the fortune tellers in the local newspapers... 30 days and 30 nights of wind, rain, storms, and maybe a tsunami... starting from 1st October (tomorrow).  :D

Note: I'm not usually one to start rumours or post gossip, but this has got everyone really animated...  :D

I predict that the persons who man the lookout towers will be asleep when the water receeds and returns.

I'll bet any fortune teller one gazillion Baht that we WON'T have 30 days and 30 nights of wind, rain, storms or anything bad. Come on... I need the $$$ :D

Oh, and I predict that Toxin will figure out a way to milk the transportation scheme at the new airport in BKK.

He pressed two fingers kind of hard in the wrist pulse area for about a minute with his eyes closed.  He relayed to me my past medical problems i have had and was 100% on.  Someone told me once there was a name for this-forgot, and many are very accurate. I was amazed :o

Acupressure. Pulse reading in this case. In Thailand, Chinese-Thai selling herbal medecine do pulse reading.

Looks like we'll have to get the Ark out Jai Dee. :D

Well i guess it's starting Jai dee :o

Typhoon "Damrey" to bring heavy rain to Thailand this week

BANGKOK: -- A new arrival on the season storm scene--Typhoon "Damrey"--is now moving from the South China Sea toward Thailand and is expected to enter the northern and northeastern regions with heavy rain this week, said the chief of Meteorological Department Sunday.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45782&hl=

Edited by Darknight

about Fortune Tellers .. i have a funny story with it ..

when i was a Uni. student , we..girl group hang out ...one girl heard about a popular Fortune Teller .. this old women predict the future by the shape of york (that time ,cell phone in TH was around 100,000 bht ..and she had ..!!! many mercedeses wait her for que ) :D

so i joined with my friends .. and met that lady (40's) after i broke the egg's shell .. the lady start to predict from york ..she said

"ohh girl .. you will pregnant soon, natural labour no cesarian section, and you will have 2 kids in next few years " :D:D

gosh that time i wanna laugh till pee..but i tried to behave badly ..an also my friends were shocked ... (the 1 of friend who invited us went there feel ashame )

after that ..the lady had to go with client's mercedez :o:D

well , till now..obviously , 2 kids 'd be my urolith methinks :D:D

ciao all

Bambi :D

:D

No it won't be 30 days of wind & rain....God will cause it to rain for 14 days and nights in a row. Then all the pumps will fail, everything will flood, and all the sewers will back up and overflow. Then the fumes will kill everyone.

:D

Anyway here is a little story that happened to me a while ago. My wife went to the local fortune-teller and he pulled out books and all sorts of stuff. It was like a swap shop from a Kindergarten. Anyway, this was told about 2 years ago that within a year the following would happen :

1. We would both be bankrupt

2. I would be either dead or permenantly disabled

3. My wife would be in jail serving a long term for a very serious crime

The nearest any prediction came to being true, was I cut my foot and got an infection that has laid me up from the Seunebt Asia Football team for a few weeks.

I also believe there was alot of jealousy, as my wife had started a building project.

Hmmmm sounds like your wife might take your life :o

about Fortune Tellers .. i have a funny story with it ..

when  i was a  Uni. student , we..girl group hang out ...one  girl heard about  a  popular Fortune Teller .. this old women predict the  future by the  shape of york  (that time ,cell phone in TH  was around 100,000 bht ..and  she  had ..!!! many mercedeses wait her for que ) :D

so i joined with my  friends .. and  met that lady (40's) after i broke  the  egg's shell .. the  lady start to predict from york ..she said

"ohh girl .. you will pregnant soon, natural labour  no cesarian section, and  you will have  2 kids in  next few years "  :D  :D

gosh that time  i wanna laugh till pee..but i tried to behave  badly ..an also my friends were shocked ... (the 1 of friend who invited us went there  feel ashame )

after that ..the  lady  had to go with  client's mercedez  :o  :D

well ,  till now..obviously ,  2 kids 'd be  my urolith methinks :D  :D

ciao all

Bambi :D

HUH ? :D

Stay in bed Squire ... stay in bed :D

My GF was on about this fortune teller who predicted the world is going to end, and one of the few places left standing would be Chiang Mai - she said the recent influx of house-horny Bangkokians is partly due to those predictions. Don't know if this is related to the rumour you heard Jai Dee.

this forture teller must have moved to Chiangmai already.

my friend John is a rain God (but he doesn't know it); fortunately he's staying in chiang Mai so we're OK down here????

This reminds me of the predictions some years back of a huge meteor would either collide with the Earth in the month of September (I think that was the month), or come close enough to destroy most of life on the planet, if not all of it. The world would be plagued by volcanoes and by earthquakes and by strong winds and by floods and by famine. And the oceans would rise up at great heights to consume the land.

Behold, all had been foretold so long ago by Nostrodamos and the writings of many other undeniable sources. Various signs and wonders both on the Earth and in the heavens indicated this thing was surely to happen exactly as foretold. Yea verily, then would come the end of the world!

The doomsday sayers busied themselves making videos and writing books about it to warn the masses what would soon befall upon them, for a nominal price of course.

The month came and went, as did the rest of the year and all the years that followed. But there was nary so much as a twinkle of the doomsday rock in the sky. And lo, the Earth revolved around the Sun, as it had done so many times before and continues to do to this very day. The doomsday sages were neither humbled nor discouraged by this, but climbed into their expensive chariots and returned to their luxurious mansions, counting the riches and thankful for the windfall that had fattened their purses by the gullible and the poor.

Evidently the doomsday sayers must have made a slight miscalculation of the prophecies and are now carefully replotting the charts and awaiting new signs and revelations.

Edited by AmeriThai