Oral Sex And HIV

chinadarling

my little guy developed a 'cold' after a few blowjobs last week...

Antibiotics should take care of that but...

There is conflicting stuff on the internet about if you can get HIV from getting a blowjob.

Sure if I was bleeding or she was bleeding...ok but no evidence of that... friction burns, yes.

Does anyone know the reality? or is the only option be scared for 3 months and take the test...

anygood place to take a test, anonymous and cheap would be nice...

sucks to be me...

Edited by chinadarling

There is conflicting stuff on the internet about if you can get HIV from getting a blowjob.

Sure if I was bleeding or she was bleeding...ok but no evidence of that... friction burns, yes.

Does anyone know the reality? or is the only option be scared for 3 months and take the test...

sucks to be me...

I would cut it off immediatly, to avoid any risk.....

:o

If you're for real, and you're interested in an anonymous HIV test, you should go to the Red Cross Anonymous Clinic on Thanon Ratchadamri, not far from Silom. Costs about 200B, takes an hour, international standards of testing- more complex testing available if you want it, too. Also you can check for syphilis & Hep B.

It's pretty unlikely to get HIV through oral sex, but if you've contracted other diseases through that route your infection risk is several times higher. Worth getting checked.

"Steven"

A cold from a blowjob? No soft lad you have syphilis, you need to go to an STD clinic now today or you may go blind, brain damaged, well perhaps you are brain damaged if you didn’t know you could get HIV Aids from a blowjob. HIV, AIDS is transmitted by body fluids a dry mouth does count.

A cold from a blowjob? No soft lad you have syphilis, you need to go to an STD clinic now today or you may go blind, brain damaged, well perhaps you are brain damaged if you didn’t know you could get HIV Aids from a blowjob. HIV, AIDS is transmitted by body fluids a dry mouth does count.

Drama Queen

From the AMFAR website

Is there a link between HIV and other sexually transmitted infections?

Having a sexually transmitted infection (STI) can increase your risk of acquiring and transmitting HIV. This is true whether you have open sores or breaks in the skin (as with syphilis, herpes, and chancroid) or not (as with chlamydia and gonorrhea). Where there are breaks in the skin, HIV can enter and exit the bloodstream more easily. But even when there are no breaks in the skin, STIs can cause biological changes, such as swelling of tissue, that may make HIV transmission more likely. Studies show that HIV-positive individuals who are infected with another STI are three to five times more likely to contract or transmit the virus through sexual contact.

http://www.amfar.org/cgi-bin/iowa/abouthiv...d.html?record=3

Basically speaking ... as a man being the recipient of oral sex ... the risks are minimal.

<Note to Mr Jones ... a "runny nose" is not typically a symptom of Syphilis ... it is however a symptom of gonorrhea>

The likelihood of transmission of HIV from an infected person to an uninfected person varies significantly depending on the type of exposure or contact involved. The risk of becoming infected with HIV through unprotected (without a condom) oral sex is lower than that of unprotected anal or vaginal sex. However, even a lower risk activity can become an important way people get infected if it is done often enough. The Options Project found that 7.8% (8 of 102) of recently infected men who have sex in San Francisco were probably infected through oral sex. Most of these men believed that the risk was minimal or non-existent.

I cannot find that statistic anywhere ... Mr Jones ... can you cite a source?

and it goes FAR FAR from every statistic (or lack thereof) available

Edited by jdinasia

typy, oral sex hiv, in google

third/fourth hit down

The Options Project

between 1-4000 and 1-12000

http://www.gaylib.com/aids/aids22.htm

Risk may be 0

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn1156

also check The Body http://www.thebody.com

the Centers for Disease Control don't hazard an answer except saying that the risk is "less"

I looked at The Oprions Project and saw 0 answers about results ... and that google search gave me nothing

sucks to be me...

I´ve gotten herpes from a blowjob before.

It passes.. a bit like a cold.. or a cold sore... bugs you for a few days then dissapears...

sucks to be me...

I´ve gotten herpes from a blowjob before.

It passes.. a bit like a cold.. or a cold sore... bugs you for a few days then dissapears...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!

but if you want a scary figure .... one of the drug companies in the USA runs an advert hat says 20% of sexually active adults in the USA have herpes!

anohter illusion jdia.

Everybody has herpes cells in their body.

Sometimes it appears on the lip, on the elbow, and in some cases in other uncomfortable places.

It´s whether or not they actually get a blown out Herpes that makes the difference. but we all have the cells, lying semi dormant in our bodies. They are part of our human make up.

The likelihood of transmission of HIV from an infected person to an uninfected person varies significantly depending on the type of exposure or contact involved. The risk of becoming infected with HIV through unprotected (without a condom) oral sex is lower than that of unprotected anal or vaginal sex. However, even a lower risk activity can become an important way people get infected if it is done often enough. The Options Project found that 7.8% (8 of 102) of recently infected men who have sex in San Francisco were probably infected through oral sex. Most of these men believed that the risk was minimal or non-existent.

giving or recieving.... big difference

I was a vet in vietnam........and was stationed in several countries in asia, that's how i found and loved thailand. we seemed to get the "clap" a lot. the guys came up with a trick to see if the girl had the problem. you coat your finger with lemon and then put it where you "little" friend might visit. if she doesnt know it, you are ok, if she yells a lot take a hike. sort of like putting lemon on a cut, doesnt hurt unless you have an open cut. I use condoms for sex but none for oral. I ought to be using the old test but am too lazy now.....

sucks to be me...

where did you pick it up? tell us so we dont visit the same bar!!