Why has the bread at Rimping gotten so bad

luther

Chocolate OK. M&Ms, Snickers, Mars Bars, Cadbury (some) all good.  But must advise every consumer to read the label carefully coz many, esp the cheaper chocolate selections, substitute ugly palm oil for cocoa fat.  The negative results are many: destruction of rain forest, loss of orangutan habitat, payments to multinational food conglomerates, crappy taste of palm oil in mouth.

When visiting quality holiday resorts or upscale cities, do try Godiva chocolates.  Very yummy. When eating self-indulging treats do not be a 'cheap charlie'.

Sorry.  I don't eat bread so have no comments on gluten or highly processed, bleached white flour. 

The bread in Rimping is awful. At most times dry and so hard a loaf could be used as a deadly weapon. There have been occasions when I`ve been lucky and found a fresh loaf of bread there but it`s rare.

It`s mostly the same at all the big supermarket chains. Don`t know how many of these breads sell, my guess is they must be throwing this stuff away by the truck fulls.

Rimping Mee-Chok recently moved much of their bread to a new location, next to Butter-is-Best, which means that you now have to make two check-outs instead of one !  If the bread-counteris manned, that is ! :wink:

And I find they're out-off-stock more-often, in the new location, although it may just be me ?

Wish they'd move it back to the old position  ...  I actually took the trouble to suggest this to the duty-manager last week, but she didn't seem to appreciate, that annoying customers with less-convenience is bad-for-business. :wink:

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

Rimping Mee-Chok recently moved much of their bread to a new location, next to Butter-is-Best, which means that you now have to make two check-outs instead of one !  If the bread-counteris manned, that is ! :wink:

I prefer one check out so I have stopped looking to see what breads they have, rarely bought a loaf anyway.  Still buy bread at Kasem Store, hasn't killed me in 30+years.

On 12/10/2017 at 11:14 PM, balo said:

Listen,  forget Rimping and the other supermarkets , the best bread in Chiang Mai are made by a European baker and can be ordered from Facebook , I promise you , it's the best bread available in Thailand. Free delivery anywhere in CM. 

https://www.facebook.com/cmbread/

11009142_822045564510550_835704630935256

Image may contain: food and text

Following this recommendation we went this morning .....massive disappointment !    Arrived at 11.45, no sign of life, door half open and nothing to see.  11.50, boy on a bike turns up with a bag of bread baked elsewhere and leaves it wrapped up on a table.    12pm we enter and boy says will open soon but no produce on shelves other than peanut butter, salt etc and a few bits in the fridge.   12.15 we give up and head for Promenada and Rimping where thankfully a new bread delivery had arrived and the punters were digging in fast.

Message to CM Bread has to be....If you are only going to be open 12-6pm Tuesday to Saturday you should at least be open and stocked with produce at these times !

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Following this recommendation we went this morning .....massive disappointment !    Arrived at 11.45, no sign of life, door half open and nothing to see.  11.50, boy on a bike turns up with a bag of bread baked elsewhere and leaves it wrapped up on a table.    12pm we enter and boy says will open soon but no produce on shelves other than peanut butter, salt etc and a few bits in the fridge.   12.15 we give up and head for Promenada and Rimping where thankfully a new bread delivery had arrived and the punters were digging in fast.

Message to CM Bread has to be....If you are only going to be open 12-6pm Tuesday to Saturday you should at least be open and stocked with produce at these times !

The best way to handle that bakery is to either go to 3 Kings Monument on Friday (if they are still there), or place your order on their FB page. We order some things from them now and then - less now since so many things on their product list have changed/are no longer available. Never had a problem by ordering about 3-4 days in advance on FB. They deliver free. Some of their bread is really good, but not all. Some of their non-baked items are good and some are terribly bland. It's hit and miss. Also, the items (and prices) in the photos are old news. They don't have any breads at those prices anymore. Most are about 100/loaf. We still think L'Opera is the best bakery. We love their baguettes.

Also, if it's sourdough you are after - there is another bakery that specializes in sourdough. You will have to search on FB as we have not tried them. I believe they deliver also.

Edited by elektrified

4 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

ollowing this recommendation we went this morning .

Didn't you read my post ? You are not supposed to go there , they will deliver to you free anywhere in CM!  This is a bit unfair I think .

Buy their bread and pay the driver cash when it arrives., how hard can it be ?   They normally deliver in the afternoons from 2 pm . 

Just make an order 2 days before on FB and no problems.  The quality of their bread is amazing , just read the reviews on their FB-page. 

I order 3 x rye bread and keep them in my freezer , good for a week . The taste is superior to any other rye bread the super markets sell. 

Edited by balo

8 hours ago, TommyTucker said:

Just buy a decent bread machine.
Remember to prepare the ingredients: yeast, flour, sugar, salt, butter and water the night before.
Wake up to wonderful fresh bread, nothing beats it!

This has become our standard. Waking up to the smell of freshly baked bread is a real treat!  Often I'll just use the machine to make the dough (especially for breads that need a stronger crust such as French breads and baguettes,) and bake them in my oven.