Camping gaz bottle and stove, where to buy ? Which one do you recommend ?

bbpbbp

Depends on your needs....Many use the stove like the red one here - the others are more for backpacking.....I've been told that a can lasts about 1/2 hour on high so you could be changing them a lot....A lot of campers use them for Thai style cooking in tandem with a bbq...

We have the Coleman Powerhouse stove & lanterns that run on unleaded for camping....

If you're looking for something easy to use indoors you can get an induction stove top and forget about the gas....

Thailand Outdoor Stores has the camping stuff....There's a lot of camping equipment sellers on FB.....Burners like the Red one are everywhere, Big C type stores.....

Screenshot_2017-09-04-06-31-52-00.png

Edited by pgrahmm

17 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Depends on your needs....Many use the stove like the red one here - the others are more for backpacking.....I've been told that a can lasts about 1/2 hour on high so you could be changing them a lot....A lot of campers use them for Thai style cooking in tandem with a bbq...

We have the Coleman Powerhouse stove & lanterns that run on unleaded for camping....

If you're looking for something easy to use indoors you can get an induction stove top and forget about the gas....

Thailand Outdoor Stores has the camping stuff....There's a lot of camping equipment sellers on FB.....Burners like the Red one are everywhere, Big C type stores.....

Screenshot_2017-09-04-06-31-52-00.png

The 16.4 one pound propane bottles are next to impossible to get here.....You can buy the cans in 3 packs at most stores that work in the red stove, 130B for 3 cans.....I can run my Coleman stuff for about 5-6 days for the same 130B (and they'll last for decades) but the initial costs are more....It really depends on your use & needs....

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

Yes - the tall can style for sure....Not sure about the rounded ones....

Big C, Amorn, Home Pro, all have the tall ones....

Thanks again, so the tall can can be used with any stove that I can buy on lazada ? It's standard ?

35 minutes ago, bbpbbp said:

Thanks again, so the tall can can be used with any stove that I can buy on lazada ? It's standard ?

Standard for the little square stove I believe + possibly most of the others....I bought some lanterns for perimeter might burn lamps that turned out they didn't - had to get an adapter like the one in this picture = just attach to both the can & any threaded appliance (easy)....The threads seem universal for the appliances.....

Lazada has them & I know Thailand outdoor at Star golf does also at the archery range/shop....The bottom end goes onto the canister & the threaded part would screw into some lanterns/stoves, etc....

Note - if you get the stove like pic 2 you'll need to use the wide based gas can for stability and they are more expensive and harder to find here....

Screenshot_2017-09-04-14-12-45-24.png

images-29.jpg

images-30.jpg