What a gay day as businessman puts down million baht dowry to marry student

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, oldgent said:

read my post again . and yes i speak to my God with a capital G the teachings are in the Bible

maybe you should get one and read it

If you speak to your imaginary friend,  you should see a professional. Obviously, it makes you delusional and your friend even tells you to be intolerant and hate thy neighbour.

I have read the bible. That was at a time when I still believed that was some truth in it. I spell god and bible with a lower-case first letter. 

And the bible is a book written by people millenia ago, not by any omnipotent being, and it reflects societal values of their time. Newsflash: We are in the 21st century. Women have voting rights!

But if you like the bible so much, I am sure you are aware of Leviticus. Click here for the famous "Letter to Laura".

Edited by onthemoon

4 hours ago, tryasimight said:

I don't believe in the God business or much else if it come to that....what pisses me off is all the so called minority groups bitching about everything.

Which I suspect is the  reason the Don is the Prez and not Billary...people had enough PC crap rammed down their throats

Maybe. But in this case, it is not the gays bitching: A posting in the gay forum was about tow guys getting married. Should be nothing special, as heterosexual couples do that all the time. Some gay guys congratulated.

And then some straight guys with an anti-gay agenda starting bitching... 

folks on here need to chill ....  it's simply about two guys getting hitched.

If you accept gay people ...  great :thumbsup:

If you don't accept gay people ...  great :thumbsup:

Who cares what who thinks or agrees with ....   you have your own opinion and thats it.  Don't create an issue with it or argue over it ....  just keep it with you and thats it.

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Take your trump theories elsewhere. This is a topic that's not about trump.
Yes I'll go on record against the death penalty for gays anywhere.

What a hypocrite.  Every post you make is an anti Trump ad because of your avatar. 

anti trump avatar.jpg

Edited by amvet

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Who cares what who thinks or agrees with ....   you have your own opinion and thats it.  Don't create an issue with it or argue over it ....  just keep it with you and thats it.

Actually, if they don't accept gay people that's not great - actually bad for their karma. But as long as they keep your hateful comments to themselves, we can discuss whether chilling is an option. People were chilled about what happened to the gay people  in Germany during the Third Reich.

And trying to force their homophobe opinion  down everybody's throats - in the gay forum of all places - is certainly not OK.

12 minutes ago, amvet said:

What a hypocrite. 

Not going to sink to your low level of personal insults here.

The actual topic is in the O.P. -- the cute couple getting hitched. Not with the benefit of a legal document as that's not possible in Thailand, but maybe someday. There is progress on that front in the region, such as in Taiwan.  

As far as dowries, apparently that's a common Thai cultural thing. This couple in using it and also calling their union a marriage (which technically legally it can't be here) is following a hetero-normative model. That's their choice. The desirability of dowries is debatable in any culture they occur. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, onthemoon said:

Actually, if they don't accept gay people that's not great - actually bad for their karma. But as long as they keep your hateful comments to themselves, we can discuss whether chilling is an option. People were chilled about what happened to the gay people  in Germany during the Third Reich.

And trying to force their homophobe opinion  down everybody's throats - in the gay forum of all places - is certainly not OK.

your doing exactly what I is not called for .

as I said .....      chill ,  if they don't accept gay people then so what ???  don't make a big deal of it.  Get on with your life and forget there's ..... :coffee1:

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

your doing exactly what I is not called for .

as I said .....      chill ,  if they don't accept gay people then so what ???  don't make a big deal of it.  Get on with your life and forget there's ..... :coffee1:

You are obviously not gay. It is indeed a big deal for gay people. And by the way, this is the gay forum. 

If you were left-handed and I said all left-handed people are disgusting, would you chill?

6 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Please once and for all define homphobe

Is it a phobia........like I don't like spiders is arachnophobia?

Small spaces claustrophobia?

Or as I once suffered when when being treated for depression....agoraphobia? (that was weird)

Or is it really just another bullshit term made up by the lefties....you don't have to answer that.

Seriously? You make a big drama about demanding the definition of a common term before bothering to google it. Geez! :whistling:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homophobia

homophobia

:  irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

2 minutes ago, onthemoon said:

You are obviously not gay. It is indeed a big deal for gay people. And by the way, this is the gay forum. 

If you were left-handed and I said all left-handed people are disgusting, would you chill?

I like everyone, I don't like people who don't like gay people and show it openly that they don't like gay people ... that means on a forum. However, I don't respond to their comments or take any notice of their dislike for gays.

They don't pay my rent & i don't pay theirs so I don't care what they say and I don't antagonize them by replying .....   :giggle:

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Because the "opinions" of people that "don't accept" gay people reflect societal oppression of gay people and denying them equal civil rights. That is not a call for chilling. We don't need to chill. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Not going to sink to your low level of personal insults here.

The actual topic is in the O.P. -- the cute couple getting hitched. Not with the benefit of a legal document as that's not possible in Thailand, but maybe someday. There is progress on that front in the region, such as in Taiwan.  

As far as dowries, apparently that's a common Thai cultural thing. This couple in using it and also calling their union a marriage (which technically legally it can't be here) is following a hetero-normative model. That's their choice. The desirability of dowries is debatable in any culture they occur. 

Why do you have to say 'cute couple'? just say 'couple'  it just reveals your sexuality which is NOT the subject here but you take every opportunity to raise it. If these two (this couple) want to have a fake marriage ceremony then who cares?  if it makes them happy not our business.

Same, same when many Thais 'marry' a farang but don't register so it's not 'legal' but a sham - up to them. Life's too short but, personally, I hate all the PC politics. 

Edited by LannaGuy

On 9/4/2017 at 5:22 PM, hansnl said:

And if someone, for whatever reason, don't believe in same sex marriages, it simply is his belief.  And he has as many rights to ventilate his beliefs as anybody else.

He can go "ventilate his beliefs" elsewhere, but not here. Since he - the poster in question - supports his anti-gay stance with biblical (or otherwise) nonsense, he IS a bigot. Not only he doesn't believe in same -sex marriage, he thinks being gay is wrong. This is a gay (sub)forum, definitely not a place for homophobic bigotry. Just like you don't go to a black lives matter rally to spout your ideology of white supremacy and expect people will stand still and listen to you. BS, you'll get your ass kicked out in no time.  

I'm all for debate, but I don't waste time debating with a bigot - or people who don't have a clear understanding of what bigotry is: it's more than just having different opinions. (Actually Mods should have filtered out these anti-gay posts right off the bat.)

Edited by smo

5 hours ago, luk AJ said:

The difference is that a similar hetero marriage would not be a topic on a non-gay forum. So what was the purpose of this topic? If it is all that normal, why post?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Because "we" like to read this kind of stuff. You don't need to understand that, it's fine.

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

I'm glad your not a detective .....  a crime scene doesn't always seem as cut and dried as it appears !  :guitar:

Well, I stand corrected, then. You sounded to me as if you have never been discriminated against for being gay. Or you just shrugged it off because you are much stronger than me. Anyway, you got my point.

Probably best not to spread hate in a Gay Forum. Not rocket science is it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app