Pattaya Marathon 2017

webfact

Pattaya Marathon 2017

By Online Admin -

mara-2.jpg?resize=696,464

Pattaya Marathon 2017

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Saturday September 2nd, over 1,000 competitors gathered to begin the grueling Pattaya Marathon 2017.

Runners came from all walks of life with a healthy mix of both men and woman from a whole range of different countries.

It was the 26th time that the event has been hosted and it has been growing in popularity each year. The event itself is put together by the Sport Tourism Destination Authorities for Thailand and aims to promote both tourism in the region, as well as promoting healthy lifestyles towards the Thai population.

Full story:  http://pattayaone.news/en/pattaya-marathon-2017/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-09-04

Mr. Gilbert Muge, from Kenya, who won the men’s competition with an impressive time of 2.31.55 and Miss Margaret Wangui Njuguna, who took the women’s title with a time of 2.56.05.

"Impressing", depends on point of view.

At Berlin marathon 2016 the man's result would have been good for about rank 95.

Woman's result looks better, would have been about rank 50.

Yes, I know, you should not compare that and the price moneys are likely very different.

I think a beer bar competition to see how long a farang can nurse one chang beer with out ordering another would be more fitting for Pattaya than a marathon...

Or a balloon chasing competition...How many balloon bars can someone hit up in one night....

Edited by fforest1

22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

"Impressing", depends on point of view.

At Berlin marathon 2016 the man's result would have been good for about rank 95.

Woman's result looks better, would have been about rank 50.

Yes, I know, you should not compare that and the price moneys are likely very different.

check the different race time temperatures and the hill grade. I believe the Berlin course is flat and the pattaya course is very hilly. And yes there is a difference in the quality of the field. I believe the man's fastest time in Pattaya is 2:15. 

19 hours ago, champers said:

Pattaya didn't help itself when it moved the date of the race at short notice. Top quality athletes plan their schedules months in advance.

It was no problem at all my wife and the ladies that lunch just changed their weekly meeting ,and they are top athletes . :post-4641-1156694572: