Where Is Thaksin?

John K

Well I can think of a few reasons why he is not in the UK.

Based on Thaksin style of business dealings he may find himself in hot water in the UK if such dealings originated there. Meaning they wont overlook the laws as easy as many Asian countries.

Another reason is that China is closer to Thailand and China does have a veil on what the media can say.

The third reason is Thaksin said he wanted to stay and visit his family in the UK. Based on his 180 degree bend to truthfulness it makes sense that he never planned to stay.

The fourth is confiscating his diplomatic passport will be much more difficult in China than the UK.

A point about Thaksin’s lawyer, he is only reporting what Thaksin says to him on where he is. So based on Thaksin’s seemingly inability to speak the truth I would not see him as anymore than a mouth piece.

Hong Kong now, I guess he is upset about his red passport missing now.

Thaksin's lawyer Noppadon Patama told AFP the former premier was currently in Hong Kong, and that he had spoken with him early Thursday about the new restrictions.

"Former prime minister Thaksin felt it was unfair to revoke his diplomatic passport, as well as his wife's, since he was not using that passport to travel to mount political activities," Noppadon said.

Quote the Nation

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200702/s1844509.htm

---

Thailand's Thaksin on holidays in Melbourne

By Karen Percy

Thailand's exiled Prime Minister, Thaksin Shinawatra, is in Australia on a private visit.

Mr Thaksin's private jet arrived in Melbourne last night.

His Bangkok-based lawyer says Mr Thaksin will play golf and have a holiday over the next 10 days.

But the military junta in Thailand has been concerned about Mr Thaksin's regional visits, particularly after he met a senior member of the Singapore Government last month.

The meeting has prompted a diplomatic spat between Thailand and Singapore.

Mr Thaksin's lawyer says the former prime minister has no plans to meet any government officials or ministers while in Australia.

Mr Thaksin was ousted from office in a coup in September of last year.

He was in New York at the time, and has not been allowed to return to Thailand.

Thai authorities are not yet commenting on Mr Thaksin's presence in Australia.

His visit to Australia is expected to attract scrutiny from Thai authorities concerned about a possible return to politics by Mr Thaksin.

A spokesman for the Australian Government says it is not aware of Mr Thaksin's itinerary.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200702/s1844509.htm

---

hmmm If i see him I'll be sure to wave, with one finger.