Angry Prayut says media should ‘get over’ Thaksin

webfact

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha’s temper flared on Wednesday when he was asked about a recent poll by King Prajadhipok’s Institute that showed fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra had a higher credibility rating while in office than Prayut has now.

Really no contest here. Thaksin, elected and accountable while Prayut, unelected and not accountable to anyone and has own special 44 law. 

Prayut shouldn't be angry but be happy that he has enjoy the prestige and the lifestyle that goes with being the PM without the people's permission and he has full unhindered access to the trough. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing those two guys have in common : an imperial urge to control the news and the media.

The funny thing is that in Prayut's case it's more understandable (I didn't say forgivable), because he's an army guy, and if there's one thing army generals are not used to, it's having their decisions commented or even criticized on the news. Perish the thought !

Which is not to say that the media are mostly good people, because by God, they're not. As a matter of fact, except for a few rare individuals, journalists are more like an irresponsible pack of money and fame-hungry rascals who are more concerned with getting a scoop than with doing a thorough and honest investigation.

Their power, which is now immense and is often rightly called the fourth power, is something they cherish and protect the way a dog protects its food. Their favourite argument is always the Freedom of the Press, and there's nothing wrong with that of course, except when said freedom is used to spread half-truths, wild assumptions, opinion disguised as news, or unadulterated lies.

Let us always keep in mind that this tremendous power of the media is not the result of any election, so that's one feature they share with the PM here, whether they like it or not. Abuse of power and manipulation are things they know very well and practise all too often.

Edited by Yann55

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

I would have to agree with Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha.

The media do ask some stupid questions and especially when it's about that crim who's been in exile for years now.

Well done Khun Prayuth  !     i have said before ... the media should stop regurgitating the same garbage over & over.   Thaksin is gone ... finished ... kaput.

You're so right steven100, people aren't interested in that sort of news at all. The media should really be asking more intelligent questions like whether he was tired or not after his flight from China, or if he's now satisfied that there will be no more than 3 twerks in musical performance.  This is the kind of thing inquiring minds want to know. 

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

This is idiotic! As far as politics are concerned you can't say 'get over it', it just doesn't work like that. Take a look as past American Presidents, Russian Premiers, British Prime Ministers etc. Past leaders can be role models (or the opposite) for current or new leaders. And while the junta are busy chasing Thaksin and his family how the hell can he say he is 'over them'. I mean, the junta are at least partly responsible for Thaksins for being in the news in the first place. If he was 'over them' he wouldn't get so angry when asked. Instead of blasting the media a cooler response would have been 'Who?...Oh him.' or 'Well, I don't put much faith in polls..' and the like. But no, he takes every opportunity to let his ego rage. If the poll had show the junta on top he probably would have spoken of nothing else. And of course by the same token, although Thaksin is abroad he too takes the opportunity to stir things up too so it is very unlikely that the media are going to 'over him' yet.

He needs to learn how to say fake news and model the guy on the other side of the planet blaming the media and Hillary supporters for all his problems. 

2 minutes ago, silent said:

He needs to learn how to say fake news and model the guy on the other side of the planet blaming the media and Hillary supporters for all his problems. 

He needs to learn? His new job as a 'statesman'? Not really promising for someone who spent his life obeying and giving orders to people who are not allowed to have an opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

He needs to learn? His new job as a 'statesman'? Not really promising for someone who spent his life obeying and giving orders to people who are not allowed to have an opinion. 

That's what's troubling :smile: 

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Before leaving he added: “I want to know why you never asked whether I’m tired, whether I will be back, where I have been. But don’t ask me now. It’s too late. I’m back here and the first thing I get is these questions. It’s you that never get over them.”

Come on, you people from the press . . . give the poor guy a chance. You can see, by the bags under his eyes, that he's had too much of a good time, asking if he can 'join the BRICS meeting'. The BRICS probably had a great closing dinner dance, with our prospective bric waiting at the edge, for his chance to nip on and do an 'excuse me'. Just the odd, serious question about Pra't's trip to China and whether 'I will be back, where I have been' would have been nice; for him, at least.

Come on . . . Fair does :post-4641-1156694606:

19 hours ago, webfact said:

“By getting over them, I mean I don’t think of them. I don’t give importance to this kind of stuff, because I’m not like they say I am,” he said.

He said he “got over” these people since his very first days in office, and now he just wanted justice to prevail.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

A conspicuous absence of pro-junta, red-shirt-obsessed members in this thread.  I guess they couldn't figure out a way to bring the discussion back to rice. How on earth anyone in their right mind could possibly support this moron is beyond me.  In fact, that's kind of an insult to morons.

Edited by stephen tracy

19 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

You're so right steven100, people aren't interested in that sort of news at all. The media should really be asking more intelligent questions like whether he was tired or not after his flight from China, or if he's now satisfied that there will be no more than 3 twerks in musical performance.  This is the kind of thing inquiring minds want to know. 

What he is saying makes sense. I would get pissed off also with stupid damn questions on Thaksin ...  !!

KHUN PRAYUTH is PM whether you like it or not.  :coffee1:

you can whinge & whine until the cows come home ... but it ain't gunna change.

It truly amazes me with the TV farang who just want to whinge and whine.

Thailand is a good place but unfortunately there is a small minority who just want to keep complaining time and time again no matter what this government does, well to bad for you,  it is what it is so get on with life instead of constantly whining. lol

On 7/9/2017 at 1:16 AM, steven100 said:

I would have to agree with Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha.

The media do ask some stupid questions and especially when it's about that crim who's been in exile for years now.

Well done Khun Prayuth  !     i have said before ... the media should stop regurgitating the same garbage over & over.   Thaksin is gone ... finished ... kaput.

yes, yes , yes , thank you mr prayuth.....

hqdefault.jpg

17 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

Hahahahahahahaha....it's funny because it's true, The People hate you Prayut

Wrong .... the people actually like the government as there is stability and security, unlike his criminal predecessors both in exile after ripping off billions of Thai baht from the people and the Thai economy all for own personal luxury lifestyle.

16 hours ago, Saladin said:

Mister Prayut - the people democratically elected Thaksin  - they didn't elect you.

You mean Thaksin the criminal who is in exile and didn't pay millions in owed taxes and ripped off thailand and it's people for billions only to fund his own luxurious lifestyle.

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

Wrong .... the people actually like the government as there is stability and security, unlike his criminal predecessors both in exile after ripping off billions of Thai baht from the people and the Thai economy all for own personal luxury lifestyle.

3jm10a56.jpg

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

It truly amazes me with the TV farang who just want to whinge and whine.

Thailand is a good place but unfortunately there is a small minority who just want to keep complaining time and time again no matter what this government does, well to bad for you,  it is what it is so get on with life instead of constantly whining. lol

not really "lol" .... 

10334284_328543447296201_613178283148862862_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

If the people actually like the junta government then there is absolutely no reason why elections can't be held right away. But those of us who do not live in la-la land (and that's most posters on the TVF) realize the junta would lose, and probably badly.

So the dinosaurs keep postponing the inevitable.