What was he thinking? Thai media pose question of driver who went the wrong way round a bend and killed a baby

webfact

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

See it so often, they seem to think it is perfectly ok to drive on the wrong side of the road as long as they flash their headlights. 

Apparently having had a row with the wife covers it too.

Yes I see them daily on the Railway line bypass rd..... rules do not apply.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, realenglish1 said:

Read to story carefully He was using his cell phone The wife had called him in the truck

thai drivers are bad enough without using cellphones while driving; simple bad judgment; either pull over or dont answer; but stupid people do stupid things

Hear a lot of the "same old same old" on hear with stories like this. Another opp. to slag the people involved ( that is not making excuses for this driving practice in Thailand, outrageous behaviour and I have many times said so on here)

At what age I would like to know do these posters actually "grow up" and desist with the stupid practice of "name calling".

If you really cared about the deceased and family at least post something constructive that might help to find a solution to these problems. 

And for shit sake....lose the idea that a farang never does anything stupid in a fit of temper.

Believe it ir not only within the last two days I have come accross 2 court cases ongoing (in two different countries) where fathers are up for killing their children after fighting with their wives. 

By the way....this is nothing new.

Except to these posters of course who appear to have been living under a rock all their lives

Thinking, unfortunately is not a statutory requirement for holding a driving licence here, so not thinking is an oxymoron.

I see it every day and wonder and  pray a lot often.  RIP to the baby, who is innocent died because of Thainess..................!!

17 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Hear a lot of the "same old same old" on hear with stories like this. Another opp. to slag the people involved ( that is not making excuses for this driving practice in Thailand, outrageous behaviour and I have many times said so on here)

At what age I would like to know do these posters actually "grow up" and desist with the stupid practice of "name calling".

If you really cared about the deceased and family at least post something constructive that might help to find a solution to these problems. 

And for shit sake....lose the idea that a farang never does anything stupid in a fit of temper.

Believe it ir not only within the last two days I have come accross 2 court cases ongoing (in two different countries) where fathers are up for killing their children after fighting with their wives. 

By the way....this is nothing new.

Except to these posters of course who appear to have been living under a rock all their lives

Your post is a extreme waste of time.

39 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

Like everyone has said, you see it everyday.  Just take a short drive from your house and count the number of cars that are parked facing the wrong direction.  Thai drivers don't think, they do.

But if you dont use your turn signals. Thais go into a uproar!

Why Why are the Police waiting. He comitted a deadly crime. If it was a falang,  different story.

i see it so many times, bikes, cars trucks that cannot be bothered. To go the right way and wait for . A U-Turn. With the police they have a law for Thais and one for falangs.

Read to story carefully He was using his cell phone The wife had called him in the truck Having said that The child would most definitely be alive today had it been in a child seat strapped in 

From that standpoint the blame can also be put on the others shoulders as well as the angered man 

A death that could have been avoided 

I think you should read the article, wife said she called but he did NOT pick up so she went looking for him.

Sent from my U16 Max using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

I see your point but it could have been avoided much easier if he had driven the correct way .

The blame deserves to be 100% on the idiot driving on the wrong side of the road.

I spend every minute (more like every second) on the road in Bangkok trying to avoid having something like this happen to me. I expect at any time an attempt on my life through negligence of a motor vehicle operator or some other circumstance.

Any number of circumstances on the road could have injured or killed the victim - not just a wrong-way driver. Therefore, the child should have been in a car seat, regardless. This is the thinking that the Thai media should have been questioning if the child was not properly protected in a seat-belted child seat.

In my country there are laws against child endangerment and they are enforced - the advantages of a primarily moral (law abiding) and relatively wealthy country that has the wherewithal to enforce child-protection laws and with the threat of severe penalties.

Edited by MaxYakov

18 minutes ago, maeab101 said:

But if you dont use your turn signals. Thais go into a uproar!

Most of their cars the signal light is out.  They don't have the 15 baht to replace it.  Besides driving with no headlights here is normal.   In the last month I've seen 5 new cars on the road at night with the tail lights on but no headlights.  I thought all new cars they go on automatically... maybe made in Thailand?

Ok my 25 Satang's worth.  Blame the fish , not the brakes this time. Do any drivers here put their hands up and say " Yep all my fault , my bad ? "

As for wifey saying he knows the roads , a while back going in to Huai Khrai in the far north up here I was driving round a right hander just before the town and an E - tan ( iron buffalo ) was plodding down the fast lane and coming towards me , I had just overtaken a big bus , if the wife was driving she would of panicked. I had 2 choices , jam on the brakes ( they work in my car ) but likely run into the e-tan or pull in front of the bus as just enough room , I think the bus driver saw the dilema as no horn blasted .   Point being I could of been dead , the wife and some on the bus .  The driver of the e- tan knew where he was going and likely still drives that way as quicker than doing a U turn up the road .  We hear of accidents every day , for every one there must be 10 very near misses.

20 minutes ago, RichardinHuaHin said:

Most of their cars the signal light is out.  They don't have the 15 baht to replace it.  Besides driving with no headlights here is normal.   In the last month I've seen 5 new cars on the road at night with the tail lights on but no headlights.  I thought all new cars they go on automatically... maybe made in Thailand?

I read somewhere that driving with headlines on during the day is illegal in Thailand (why? never mind!). So even new cars would have that either not fitted or disabled. The same way that many buses and taxis disable seat belts by tying them up. The Thai attitude seems to be that life would be boring if was safe all the time.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

4 hours ago, leeneeds said:

All over , every day , it is just lazy, 

numb nut thinking that they persist in doing this habit,

more accidents of this kind will again happen until the law is enforced, 

SIMPLE,

what law?? No one adheres to LAWS/rules of the road in this country

34 minutes ago, alfen said:

I think you should read the article, wife said she called but he did NOT pick up so she went looking for him.

Sent from my U16 Max using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I did not say he was talking I said he was using it Saw his wife was calling sending him into further rage

8 minutes ago, garbolino said:

what law?? No one adheres to LAWS/rules of the road in this country

Nearly all the problems in Thailand are the result of the police not doing their job. Knowing they can lie or pay their way out of a problem, even if the police bother to involve themselves, results in total anarchy and no-one respecting any laws at all. Even if it's a small thing, like not wearing a helmet on a bike (fine with me - if they want to risk killing themselves that's up to them. Let them do it), that lack of respect for the law is then applied to every other law. It's like a virus.

Was he thinking lol What with? I just come back from down the street It is like dodgem cars  Lots of cars coming up the wrong way of the street The idiots have not worked it out which is the right way to drive but maybe they do They know they can get away with it because the keystone cops are nowhere to be seen

Many people do this, come out of a minor road to a major road and are too lazy to drive on the correct side to the next U turn when there is one closer by. Seen this many times on the Nakhon Sawan to Bangkok highway.

Sheer laziness and total disregard for road rules, as seen so often.