Motorcyclists fined 1,000 baht for using tunnel

Rimmer

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I mentioned in an earlier post about the maximum death rate being between 4 PM and 8 PM. I didn't make it up as it was a well-publicized finding from their last '7 days of death' analysis.

All fits. Leave office/factory, get to the nearest bar, 6/8 beers, back on the bike or in the car and wipe out on the way home.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:29 PM, Lamkyong said:

not allowed to use the tunnel as there is no dedicated lane for them

Thanks for pointing out how stupid, IMO, the law is then. Given that many of Thailand's roads do NOT have a dedicated m'bike lane, can they now fine every rider that uses the "car" lane?

Also shows how moronic, IMO, the designers were, to not provide bike lanes when most road users are on two wheels.

Can only weep for the future of LOS with such, IMO, incompetents in charge.

It's also OUTRAGEOUS that they are fined 1,000 baht, when most of them don't have that sort if money. It just goes to show how disgusting, IMO, the car driving class is that they think they can discriminate against poor people. Should be the same as not wearing a helmet. I am beginning to despair for LOS.

BTW, m'cyclists can use the underpasses on Chiang Mai's superhighways.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:56 AM, ALFREDO said:

Here in Thailand - all Motorbikes, even very BIG BIKES are not allowed on the Special Highways and Tollways 

we not have that in EU  :smile:

They can do that because they are built by private enterprise and do not have to spend the billions necessary to provide bike lanes. All non toll superhighways built by government do have bike lanes.

The underpass is part of the Sukhumvit highway and not a private road. They were, IMO, obligated to provide bike lanes, but most of us know where the money went.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, Expattaff1308 said:

What do you expect when motorists dont follow the rules...." He said numerous signs clearly point out what vehicles are and aren’t allowed through the underpass, but drivers are simply ignoring them."

The problem isn't the m'bike riders, but the, IMO, incompetents that designed an underpass on a major public road without a m'bike lane.

Given the cops never normally enforce ANY road rules, the fact that they can fine an amount equivalent to a third of riders monthly income is suspicious, and outrageous, but explains why they are enforcing this, and no other rules. Same reason they only stop farangs on the Beach Rd helmet check road block.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, Thechook said:

Safety

If they cared about safety, there are lots of other laws they could enforce. They don't though, and most of us know why they are enforcing this one.

I do expect it won't last long though, as more easy pickings fining farangs for not wearing helmets on Beach Rd.

Next time I go back to Pattaya I fully expect to see m'cyclists using the tunnel without hindrance.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:10 AM, Pilotman said:

Not sure what point you are trying to make here.  His advice in terms of the environment you are riding in makes sense. 

I can only surmise that you have never ridden a m'bike.

The danger of riding next to parked cars is that some moronic oafs that drive cars open the door without looking to see if a m'bike is coming. One only rides on the white line if one wants to die.

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

provide bike lanes. All non toll superhighways built by government do have bike lanes.

I meant - BIG BIKES should be allowed on Highways - Tollways whatever - same they are allowed in EU

and BIG BIKES do not need -Bike lanes- do we also not have in EU and it works.:smile:

On 9/9/2017 at 8:54 AM, bert bloggs said:

I would give them 100.000 baht if they banned motorcycles completely from the roads , :passifier:

You do realize that if you banned them they would have to travel by car. Which would suddenly double the amount of cars on the road.

On 11/09/2017 at 11:23 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I can only surmise that you have never ridden a m'bike.

The danger of riding next to parked cars is that some moronic oafs that drive cars open the door without looking to see if a m'bike is coming. One only rides on the white line if one wants to die.

40 years of riding!  I talking of the LOS environment, not the way you ride in the West