rooster59

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

I disagree with you, as long as the Shins pay enough of their theft to the people of the north (who don't pay that much tax and therefor are not bothered with that it gets stolen) they stay in power no matter how corrupt they are. While the people in BKK who pay for it all are a minority and can't do a thing. Sorry not the way to go. Just look at how much tax BKK generates and how little the north does. Then it stands to reason as long as you give them a big enough share of the pie they will keep voting them in. Your example would work if everyone paid the same amount of tax.

Yet its okay if its the southern based voters benefitting from the Democrats?

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

I disagree with you, as long as the Shins pay enough of their theft to the people of the north (who don't pay that much tax and therefor are not bothered with that it gets stolen) they stay in power no matter how corrupt they are. While the people in BKK who pay for it all are a minority and can't do a thing. Sorry not the way to go. Just look at how much tax BKK generates and how little the north does. Then it stands to reason as long as you give them a big enough share of the pie they will keep voting them in. Your example would work if everyone paid the same amount of tax.

Obviously they need to redraw the international borders around Bangkok, giving the excluded areas to Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia and Malaysia .... this will then allow the remaining citizens of Thailand ( those living in Bangkok) to have the government of their choice.

5 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

How many billions of baht has Thaksin and his family stole. And taken out of Thailand?

Probably not as much as you would think regarding the stealing you mention.

And again to balance that you would need to ask how much money did Thaksin put into the coffers and boost the economy when he was prime minister.

The above is just an observation as I have no political views one way or the other, just my tuppence worth.

8 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

So Thailand is unique among 200 odd countries? In your view tax should only be allocated region to region based on how much each region brings in? Good luck running a country on that philosophy. Your attitude is frightening. Who drives taxis, works in shops, restaurants, drive trains, clean roads, builds roads, buildings etc etc etc

Thailand is unique because of its high difference in income. So as long as you pay off the poor to vote you in its easy. Wont work where money is more equally divided. 

Yes in my view tax should be allocated to those who pay for it and or where there are good investment options. Just handing out money to the north to do nothing and get money wont work. Told that a million times the farmers need to change and farming needs to change. 

I guess your perfectly happy to see your tax money get squandered away on programs full of corruption. If i pay a lot of tax i want to see a lot of it back in my neighborhood not all of it but a large part. That is only fair as i am paying for it.

Guess your ok if you were selected by a group of people to pay for diner while they select where and how much.. and because they outnumber you (democracy) they could do so every night till you have no more money left. Only then would it stop.. but then its too late as you have no more money left. 

7 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Yet its okay if its the southern based voters benefitting from the Democrats?

No of course not unless the programs are sound and most often they are not. I am defending the middle class the salary workers who have to pay tax and can't hide from it but get little in return. I spoke with many of them they hate it that they pay the most tax but have the least to say.  If you see that 60% of the money is generated in BKK then it would be nice if they got the largest part of it back. 

I don't mean they have to get 100% back.. but at least make it proportional and do invest money in other regions.. but not for handouts to buy votes but for real economic development. 

I am for ... teach people to fish.. instead of handing them fish and keeping them dependent.

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Panthongtae added that leaked documents show Prayut had ordered officials to speed up lawsuits against those charged over the previous Yingluck government’s rice-pledging scheme with no regard to checks-and-balance mechanisms in the justice system

If nobody can see the validity of this person's complaint, then I hope you never end up in a similar situation. When officials are pressured into producing results without following procedure because of threats then there is no justice. If the leaked documents are verified then an inquiry should be set in motion against 'he that thinks he has absolute power'.......................:thumbsup:

Admitted this is against a particular family almost regardless of the charges but how many other times have these tactics been used either hidden behind article 44 or orders from the horse's mouth?

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Thailand is unique because of its high difference in income. So as long as you pay off the poor to vote you in its easy. Wont work where money is more equally divided. 

Yes in my view tax should be allocated to those who pay for it and or where there are good investment options. Just handing out money to the north to do nothing and get money wont work. Told that a million times the farmers need to change and farming needs to change. 

I guess your perfectly happy to see your tax money get squandered away on programs full of corruption. If i pay a lot of tax i want to see a lot of it back in my neighborhood not all of it but a large part. That is only fair as i am paying for it.

Guess your ok if you were selected by a group of people to pay for diner while they select where and how much.. and because they outnumber you (democracy) they could do so every night till you have no more money left. Only then would it stop.. but then its too late as you have no more money left. 

You are aware that millions upon millions of rural folk work in Bangkok and the surrounding provinces (probably many millions more than your BKK middle class), paying tax on their factory jobs, hotels, construction work, taxis, trains, busses, street cleaners etc.  

You keep saying farmers need to change etc but you have zero practical solutions of how to change the livelihood of tens of millions of farmers who are for the most part completely uneducated, living day to day and have been farming in the similar method for generations. 

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

No of course not unless the programs are sound and most often they are not. I am defending the middle class the salary workers who have to pay tax and can't hide from it but get little in return. I spoke with many of them they hate it that they pay the most tax but have the least to say.  If you see that 60% of the money is generated in BKK then it would be nice if they got the largest part of it back. 

I don't mean they have to get 100% back.. but at least make it proportional and do invest money in other regions.. but not for handouts to buy votes but for real economic development. 

I am for ... teach people to fish.. instead of handing them fish and keeping them dependent.

Yes thats all well and good. Now lets hear your idea for 20 million rice farmers? 

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

Lol of course you have :sleep:

What are the figures on tax income and proportion spent on the various regions? Also of that tax income, how much is from your middle class BKK, and how much from rural people who work in BKK. Given your arguments on tax spend, i presume you have these numbers available.

I was always of the impression that historically that BKK saw a huge proportion of the spend anyway.

12 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

If nobody can see the validity of this person's complaint, then I hope you never end up in a similar situation. When officials are pressured into producing results without following procedure because of threats then there is no justice. If the leaked documents are verified then an inquiry should be set in motion against 'he that thinks he has absolute power'.......................:thumbsup:

Admitted this is against a particular family almost regardless of the charges but how many other times have these tactics been used either hidden behind article 44 or orders from the horse's mouth?

The first thing I would do in assessing the validity of the complaint is assess the credibility of those complaining. Yesterday's BP did an excellent article on the 3 step process that led to the decision to proceed. You should read it, as it has considerably more credibility of a rich brat whining about having to explain how proceeds of crime ended up in his, and his mother's stooges, bank accounts.

29 minutes ago, robblok said:

A cursory glance at a World Bank report from 5 years ago tells me that Bangkok generates 25% of the country GDP but receives 72% of expenditure, in comparison to the Central region which contributes 44% of the GDP and receives on 7.2% of expenditure and the north east which contributes 11.5% of the GDP and receives 5.8% of the expenditure, despite having 35% of the population.

Seems like you and the 'people' you have been having your conversations with are grossly misinformed.

Just now, smutcakes said:

A cursory glance at a World Bank report from 5 years ago tells me that Bangkok generates 25% of the country GDP but receives 72% of expenditure, in comparison to the Central region which contributes 44% of the GDP and receives on 7.2% of expenditure and the north east which contributes 11.5% of the GDP and receives 5.8% of the expenditure, despite having 35% of the population.

Seems like you and the 'people' you have been having your conversations with are grossly misinformed.

So where do you put the billions stolen by the Shinawatras, as in the topic a B9.9 billion fraud against KTB, does that go down as Issan expenditure or BKK, or overseas expenses.

When we see B900 million paid to Apichart for one 300,000t rice sale, you can see that the amounts could affect the numbers significantly.

3 minutes ago, halloween said:

So where do you put the billions stolen by the Shinawatras, as in the topic a B9.9 billion fraud against KTB, does that go down as Issan expenditure or BKK, or overseas expenses.

When we see B900 million paid to Apichart for one 300,000t rice sale, you can see that the amounts could affect the numbers significantly.

:passifier:

4 hours ago, chainarong said:

Victimization,  call it what U will,  Prayut has relentlessly pursued the Shinawatra family and will continue to do so , he can do what he likes , he's already stated this fact ,  remember that Prayut was a good friend of Yinglucks and the Shin crowd , so much so Yingluck had him appointed Commander in Chief, just the good friend u need,  indeed..............................:coffee1:.

You know the old saying, 

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer :smile:

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Panthongtae Shinawatra, son of ex-premier Thaksin, has accused Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and the National Council of Peace and Order (NCPO) of conducting a witchhunt in the money-laundering case against him involving state-owned Krungthai Bank.

Is he calling his aunt a witch???

32 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I think not.. i think you dont know figures. from the Thai national budget. You can find them yourself in the Thai budgets... I dowloaded them all when I was discussing if the rice scheme was taken into the fiscal budget or not. Then I came across this.. I like to keep discussions based on facts.

01revenue (Small).JPG

Edited by robblok

29 minutes ago, halloween said:

That goes straight to his bank account in Dubai!

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

Yes thats all well and good. Now lets hear your idea for 20 million rice farmers? 

cooperations.. education and the will to change.. but that will is not there because they are used to being bailed out and paid off by the Shins now. 

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

Probably not as much as you would think regarding the stealing you mention.

And again to balance that you would need to ask how much money did Thaksin put into the coffers and boost the economy when he was prime minister.

The above is just an observation as I have no political views one way or the other, just my tuppence worth.

He stole billions of baht from the thai people. And put it in his bank accounts.

Edited by maeab101

12 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

I have no idea as to the efficacy of this boy's 'case' and nor do I want to but I'm bored senseless with all the politics involved. Please do not tell me that ANY of it is non-political and I wish posters stopped biting.

Be fair, it is always the yellow side who can't wait to "but... but... Thaksin at EVERY post" 

Perhaps, but equally all the Shin lovers can't usually wait to try and divert to "but, but, but........... Prayut, the Junta" whenever the OP is about some Shin transgression. Still they have stopped bothering with but but but Abhisit, Suthep and the mad monk which used to be repeated ad nauseum.

The standard Shiniwattra defense to any and every charge is to shout "it's political, it's persecution, others aren't being prosecuted".  Well tuff shit. 

Thaksin has a warrant out for his arrest as the number one defendant in the Krungthai Bank Fraud case. One of the cases he's anxious to avoid ever having to be tried for. 

Sure it's political in the sense that the Shins ain't in power anymore and can't block the investigation and cover things up. 

12 hours ago, halloween said:

Besides your attempt to sidetrack the topic, bringing up the topic of "unexplained and inappropriate wealth" may not be a good idea where a young man is in receipt of B10 million from a convicted criminal, especially when the young man's father is defendant #1 in the crime.

Actually, the topic is Oak's complaint that his family is being victimised, not his guilt or innocence, so it's you and the other junta apologists who are drifting way offtopic. And not a squawk from any of you about the DSI official allegedly being removed from the case for refusing to bring a prosecution on the grounds that he thinks there's no case to answer (as per the thread op).

there has never been justice in this world, and never will be until

democracy is a given, it started many times, the rich overthrow

it, that is history, all is change , the life is short, was funny some,

when does democracy and freedom come, you have it inside,

when the time is ripe we will resonate together

7 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Actually, the topic is Oak's complaint that his family is being victimised, not his guilt or innocence, so it's you and the other junta apologists who are drifting way offtopic. And not a squawk from any of you about the DSI official allegedly being removed from the case for refusing to bring a prosecution on the grounds that he thinks there's no case to answer (as per the thread op).

I addressed both issues , TYVM. I directed those interested, obviously not you, to the BP article which went into detail about the decision was made. I also mentioned that the Shinawatras were known to bribe their way to influence, and as the DSI officer was removed for failing to do his job as directed, that may well be the case.

As  for family persecution, Mafia members often claim the same. This family has been heavily involved in crime for many years, one member and another's stooges are the subject of this case. Their claims of persecution might carry more weight with evidence of innocence, seriously lacking here.

10 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Perhaps, but equally all the Shin lovers can't usually wait to try and divert to "but, but, but........... Prayut, the Junta" whenever the OP is about some Shin transgression. Still they have stopped bothering with but but but Abhisit, Suthep and the mad monk which used to be repeated ad nauseum.

The standard Shiniwattra defense to any and every charge is to shout "it's political, it's persecution, others aren't being prosecuted".  Well tuff shit. 

Thaksin has a warrant out for his arrest as the number one defendant in the Krungthai Bank Fraud case. One of the cases he's anxious to avoid ever having to be tried for. 

Sure it's political in the sense that the Shins ain't in power anymore and can't block the investigation and cover things up. 

No one has faith in the justice system so saying 'warrant, warrant, warrant' means nothing and is why they can't extradite or issue an Interpol notice because EVERYONE knows and no country will take any notice. I have observed that the majority only respond because the minority keep up this 'Thaksin, Thaksin, Thaksin' mantra when he's not been in power for years!  The obvious IS that we have an unelected Junta who persecute anyone they wish to but... not HiSo rich family's who kill Policeman and why?   tell us why???  tell us why that is not more serious than alleged fraud.

54 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

The obvious IS that we have an unelected Junta who persecute anyone they wish to but... not HiSo rich family's who kill Policeman and why?   tell us why???  tell us why that is not more serious than alleged fraud.

Sure i can tell you why. It's the same reason why Yingluck also failed, you may conveniently forget, to bring the policeman killer to justice. Leaving the country and with a bottomless pit of financial reserves, guarantees prosecutions going nowhere. Just take a look at the long list of Thai hi-sos who have performed the same trick. It works every time, and it doesn't matter what the gravity of the crime is or how much evidence there might be. Makes no difference.

Yingluck's case coming to the courts, and the policeman killer's case not, has nothing to do with fraud being more serious (i think you'll find she was actually being prosecuted for negligence), but to do with the fact that Yingluck was in the country, and the policeman killer wasn't / isn't. Of course now that Yingluck has predictably performed the same trick as the policeman killer, her case will progress at the same lightening speed as his... the same lightening speed as all those cases against her brother have progressed.

39 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Sure i can tell you why. It's the same reason why Yingluck also failed, you may conveniently forget, to bring the policeman killer to justice. Leaving the country and with a bottomless pit of financial reserves, guarantees prosecutions going nowhere. Just take a look at the long list of Thai hi-sos who have performed the same trick. It works every time, and it doesn't matter what the gravity of the crime is or how much evidence there might be. Makes no difference.

Yingluck's case coming to the courts, and the policeman killer's case not, has nothing to do with fraud being more serious (i think you'll find she was actually being prosecuted for negligence), but to do with the fact that Yingluck was in the country, and the policeman killer wasn't / isn't. Of course now that Yingluck has predictably performed the same trick as the policeman killer, her case will progress at the same lightening speed as his... the same lightening speed as all those cases against her brother have progressed.

Well thank you for replying for dear Baerboxer but Yingluck did not have the absolute power of Section 44, you conveniently forget, and did not have the power to 'make up' laws as she went along. You cannot compare an elected government with a Military Junta (although you may try).

Edited by LannaGuy

25 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Well thank you for replying for dear Baerboxer but Yingluck did not have the absolute power of Section 44, you conveniently forget, and did not have the power to 'make up' laws as she went along. You cannot compare an elected government with a Military Junta (although you may try).

But you can compare a corrupt politician to a policeman's killer, if you think it helps your agenda. Or at least deflect the thread from the subject, another corrupt Shinawatra.