UV hole opens up over Thailand !

Allen Ginsing

Oh.....read the thread title in a hurry and only noticed key words : ' hole, opens, Thailand ' and out of habit clicked to investigate.

Still......now I'm here I'll say that it is always wise to treat the power of the sun with respect. Had a couple of friends develop skin cancer here from going around in shorts and sleeveless t shirts all the time.

13 hours ago, Allen Ginsing said:

I wish, i've been room bound for 2 days with sun stroke. Also meet a few other with the same red, bewildered face.

Aw, intensive use of the room. Since you don't want to pay for a room when you only rent it for 3 hours, I presume you're paying double now?

I would think if there had been an ozone hole then no doubt there would have been warnings not only in Thailand but for tourists too. Maybe the OP has read about the very active Sun flares of late which has sent intensive streams of radiation/particles towards Earth. Aurora is expected to be increased in the coming days and maybe some satellite disruption.

1 minute ago, TKDfella said:

I would think if there had been an ozone hole then no doubt there would have been warnings not only in Thailand but for tourists too. Maybe the OP has read about the very active Sun flares of late which has sent intensive streams of radiation/particles towards Earth. Aurora is expected to be increased in the coming days and maybe some satellite disruption.

Yeh saw a film about rhat last night "The Happening". Were all doomed no where to run nowhere to hide.

14 hours ago, Allen Ginsing said:

I wish, i've been room bound for 2 days with sun stroke. Also meet a few other with the same red, bewildered face.

It's either a pipe dream that somebody in the tourist Ministry would recommend something of simple warning for a bit of positive PR to attract expected trillions from the industry, or a drunken stupor..  

uv chart.png

6 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Yeh saw a film about rhat last night "The Happening". Were all doomed no where to run nowhere to hide.

Ha! Yes I've seen that film too. Fortunately at present the Earth's magnetic field is able to to cope. But, like all stars, the Sun is very active and not necessarily as stable as once thought. We just hope that scientific predictions are correct and will be fairly stable for the next few billion years...scientists have been known to be wrong though....Ha!

1 minute ago, TKDfella said:

Ha! Yes I've seen that film too. Fortunately at present the Earth's magnetic field is able to to cope. But, like all stars, the Sun is very active and not necessarily as stable as once thought. We just hope that scientific predictions are correct and will be fairly stable for the next few billion years...scientists have been known to be wrong though....Ha!

Once ive gone I'll be past caring.