HCMC tourist visa

Good Info Nick ZepTepi

Last time I was in HCMC doing the same as you - I also took my bank statement from my online UK bank, but I was told that it was not required.

I asked why it was not required since it states on their website that it would be required - She said that if I had previously a tourist  visa issued and this application was being done as a back to back then a bank a statement would be required -  So by this definition your application you shouldn't require the bank statement.

I am assuming that since you are not leaving Thailand immediately after the visa's 60 days then this would be an extra reason for requiring the bank statement.

Good Info Nick ZepTepi
Last time I was in HCMC doing the same as you - I also took my bank statement from my online UK bank, but I was told that it was not required.

I asked why it was not required since it states on their website that it would be required - She said that if I had previously a tourist  visa issued and this application was being done as a back to back then a bank a statement would be required -  So by this definition your application you shouldn't require the bank statement.

I am assuming that since you are not leaving Thailand immediately after the visa's 60 days then this would be an extra reason for requiring the bank statement.
Mine wasn't a back to back and the first TR at HCMC.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

I have heard of others being asked for financial proof, but I was not asked for it in either HCMC or Hanoi. They may have a number of different conditions under which the financial proof is requested. I also have the impression that HCMC is getting gradually more strict. A couple of years ago, they did not even need in/out flight reservations for a first SETV.

I get the feeling a memo went out to all neighborhood Embassy's in the past few months telling them to adhere to the standards.

At least u know where you stand, us Brits like it like that.

The only thing I didn't like was the ticket out, but if all follow suit allowing 85-90 day outbound flight tickets it will make things easier.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, The manic said:

Not off topic to some people for whom it might be useful information. You are not a moderator are you?

In fairness, this thread is about the experience of applying for visas at the consulate in HCMC. Those interested in getting a visa on arrival when entering via an airport or selected land borders are probably not going to be scanning this thread. Thus, it is valid to call your post off topic. It is also information that has been posted thousands of times in other threads, so probably redundant.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The manic said:

Not off topic to some people for whom it might be useful information. You are not a moderator are you?

Totally OT.  This is about a HCMC visa trip report.  The criteria isn't "useful information"; how to kill cockroaches might be "useful".    The criteria is relevance to the posted topic.

• Like 1