Latest int’l sighting of fugitive Red Bull heir is on Interpol wanted notice…finally

webfact

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Red Bull will be being informed days and weeks prior to any of this happening that its about to happen, and I presume they are receiving advice on what to do and taking steps accordingly. I still stand by my opinion that he will be back soon by choice as its far easier for him to take his 'chances' with the Thai courts than risk the publicity of him actually being detained overseas.

I would not mind guessing that soon in a flurry of publicity and waiing, the prodigal one will return in a carefully choreographed media stunt.

Lol he won't be back. 10 years goes fast

14 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

I disagree. Whilst the Thai police nay not have done a lot to get him police in other countries will be more likely to consider he killed one of their own and arrest him

Yes that's true, but did they publish it was a policeman he killed and if they backed up a few facts like dragging said cop up the road for a hundred mtrs then going on home to his mansion without checking cop's injuries, would make a few cops worldwide take notice, sadly i doubt any of this will come to light by Interpol!

2 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

Yes that's true, but did they publish it was a policeman he killed and if they backed up a few facts like dragging said cop up the road for a hundred mtrs then going on home to his mansion without checking cop's injuries, would make a few cops worldwide take notice, sadly i doubt any of this will come to light by Interpol!

That is the big question I agree. I would assume they did but maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part 

6 hours ago, Ossy said:

And Red Bull will construct a luxury prison on one of those uninhabited cliff islands, down by Phuket, 'Boss' will admit to the charges, crying profuse apologies, get slammed with a three-quarter discounted jail term - in 'Red Bull' prison, of course - for co-operating and all will be well with the world . . . Well, that's what Red Bull are hoping

Like Pablo Escobar's Private Prison     The Fate of Pablo Escobar's Private, Luxury Prison.html

Well, he has to live now as fugitive, even with all the money and power it is a nightmare for this kid. Think where he comes from.

He may be better off surrendering and getting his life back on track. This guy inherits one day on of the greatest

fortunes in Thailand. Does he want to be tarnished for the rest of his life? .....Justice must be served.

It may seem unfair, but a fair trial and a sentence which will be lesson for him, yet not destroy his whole life.

On 9/12/2017 at 2:22 PM, observer90210 said:

Maybe he is sharing a condo with the sexy Yingluck, in Dubai?:partytime2:

She wants to go to Britain and he has several houses there, but Britain has an extradition Treaty with Thailand.

I think he's in Cambodia!

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Earlier this year he fled the Kingdom

I'm not aware they have any idea when he scarpered - though I doubt they would admit to it. 

Still, he only needs to stay away for another ten years, then all is forgiven - if not forgotten. 

Edited by Jonmarleesco

I doubt any western country would hand him over to a military government. 

No problem.He is not facing the death penalty and the serious offences with which he is charged including manslaughter are also serious offences in the extraditing countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If he is arrested in a western country the junta government is the card his lawyers can play. And of course as soon as it is put face up on the table, whether or not it would act as a trump, Thailand can hold its hands up, "Foiled by those pesky farang lawyers, we'll have to drop the whole thing..."

Red Bull will be being informed days and weeks prior to any of this happening that its about to happen, and I presume they are receiving advice on what to do and taking steps accordingly. I still stand by my opinion that he will be back soon by choice as its far easier for him to take his 'chances' with the Thai courts than risk the publicity of him actually being detained overseas.

I would not mind guessing that soon in a flurry of publicity and waiing, the prodigal one will return in a carefully choreographed media stunt.

And having remorsefully done the right and proper thing the merciful court will grant him bail, and in due course, taking his voluntary return into account, a suspended sentence.
Mind you he might get a stiff talking to...

33 minutes ago, JAG said:

If he is arrested in a western country the junta government is the card his lawyers can play. And of course as soon as it is put face up on the table, whether or not it would act as a trump, Thailand can hold its hands up, "Foiled by those pesky farang lawyers, we'll have to drop the whole thing..."

Actually I don't believe his foreign lawyers could play that card because there is no question of the case being political in nature.The three possible defenses would be if the death penalty was possible (it isn't), if the offense was minor in nature (it isn't) and if the offense was not an offense in the country - let's say the UK - from which Thailand sought extradition (it is).

Perhaps some general thoughts on extradition are relevant.

Lese majeste would be an example of a charge which was a serious offense in Thailand but no offense at all elsewhere.There's an element of theatre here.The Thai authorities know the charge is regarded as trivial overseas but go through the motions for internal consumption - killing the chicken to frighten the monkey etc.

On extradition generally Yingluck is clearly the subject of a witch hunt so any demand for extradition would be chucked into the wastepaper basket.Only rabid fanatics would deny this.

Thaksin is a more complex case since there are genuine charges against him.But these are relatively trivial in nature and would not normally be extraditable offenses.In any event there is are element of a witch hunt hunt here as well.The one charge that could be dangerous for him would be the drugs war one.But there has never been even the tiniest suggestion that this might be deployed against him.The more sophisticated members of this forum will understand the reason why.

I see one chance for the Red Bull guy.We know he has unlimited funds and can hire the best lawyers.I'm pretty sure that a laser sharp witted British QC would home in on the media coverage in Thailand and argue that a fair hearing was now impossible.

25 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Actually I don't believe his foreign lawyers could play that card because there is no question of the case being political in nature.The three possible defenses would be if the death penalty was possible (it isn't), if the offense was minor in nature (it isn't) and if the offense was not an offense in the country - let's say the UK - from which Thailand sought extradition (it is).

Lese majeste would be an example of a charge which was a serious offense in Thailand but no offense at all elsewhere.There's an element of theatre here.The Thai authorities know the charge is regarded as trivial overseas but go through the motions for internal consumption - killing the chicken to frighten the monkey etc.

On extradition generally Yingluck is clearly the subject of a witch hunt so any demand for extradition would be chucked into the wastepaper basket.Only rabid fanatics would deny this.

Thaksin is a more complex case since there are genuine charges against him.But these are relatively trivial in nature and would not normally be extraditable offenses.In any event there is are element of a witch hunt hunt here as well.The one charge that could be dangerous for him would be the drugs war one.But there has never been even the tiniest suggestion that this might be deployed against him.The more sophisticated members of this forum will understand the reason why.

I see one chance for the Red Bull guy.We know he has unlimited funds and can hire the best lawyers.I'm pretty sure that a laser sharp witted British QC would home in on the media coverage in Thailand and argue that a fair hearing was now impossible.

A great post . . . interesting and informative. We could do with more of these.

32 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Because this country is run by the military. They canot ectradite him for fear of the death penalty. So he is basicly a free man.

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

Very true - that card would probably be enough to get him off the hook.

On 9/12/2017 at 2:22 PM, observer90210 said:

Maybe he is sharing a condo with the sexy Yingluck, in Dubai?:partytime2:

He's a snotnose still in diapers although more BAHT in his account.

Still have to grow up and BE A MAN  ......

6 minutes ago, hathairat2711 said:

From that article ...

He [Former attorney-general Atthapol Yaisawang] then appealed to members of the public to exercise caution before making comments on the case, especially in the social media.

Not really an appeal - more of a threat.

And ...

He [Former attorney-general Atthapol Yaisawang] said the online society has behaved as if they were the kangaroo court and made judgments without waiting for legal process to run its course.

It is the absence of "legal process" that is causing the social media comments.

Of course, legal process in this case really means waiting for the Statute of limitations to expire.