Parents plead innocence over daughter’s alleged multiple dowry fraud

webfact

13 hours ago, wow64 said:

Don't worry one will be found... so much media attention she has to of committed a crime.

Marrying multiple times without the intention of remaining married, only to enrich yourself is a type of fraud

hence a crime has been committed.

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Boonliang said they didn't intervene with their children's love lives because their children were adults.

I would have thought that her getting married even 4 times in such a short time should have shown she still had a child's brain - like most Thais - even the parents apparently

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

You clearly have a point, but there is not a rule or a need for that. I have also been to marriages. In many of thoose cases the girls familiy paid for the wedding party, out of the dowry. So, Iguess that if the parents let the girl have the dowry, she might be the one paying. On the other hand it´s 4 like you say, and not many parents look away from the money. Most likely they have knowledge about what happened, but they might not have too. Their bankaccounts will probably show that.

You have a point too,  if they don't have it in the bank and keep it in a tin box hidden somewhere like my mother in-law?  If it is clearly proven they had no knowledge or :sleep:it is in the bank it will be proven that they are just plain stupid.

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

You have a point too,  if they don't have it in the bank and keep it in a tin box hidden somewhere like my mother in-law?  If it is clearly proven they had no knowledge or :sleep:it is in the bank it will be proven that they are just plain stupid.

Yup, most likely they have squandered the money and actually need more weddings to pay for their new debts.

This is to Alleykat,she did commit several crimes,and as far as it goes I would say she is guilty of premeditation,she knew she was already married when she married each one of these men,she had already vamoosed with all of the previous dowrys and money.As far as the parents are concerned the police will easily find out with a checkup  at the bank after each so called wedding.We all know this goes on all the time,although some do not do it on this scale,the amount of so called single girls available in thailand for marriage is unbelievable,most are married and live with the new husband just up the road or even next door,her brother as he is called or uncle or friend most of them are the actual husbands.I dont blame the girls its the job of the so called new husband to check around before he gets tangled up with his single good looking good in bed future wife.Some men cannot wait to tie the knot,and they cut their own throats in doing it so quickly.Lots of these girls come from the mountains or remote villages and will do whatever it takes to help the family survive,you cannot knock that,and they quickly learn who has money and who has not,but whichever one it is,the fact remains that they all have more than her and her family,so this is the results of survival in a poor country.So my word to all the poor would be husbands is this,never buy a pig in a bag.Good luck to all.

15 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Many Thai guys do not register the marriage as its a way to leave quickly when they find  a younger one with money so all she has done is a roll reversal sad way to live but hey where are we?

Sounds like Thai men are smarter than us.

A good friend of mine got married to a Thai girl a few years ago. She was a nurse for many years and quite a nice girl. They locked horns prior to the wedding as she said that there needed to be a dowry at the wedding to show off, as it the custom here.

She said it should be about 1 million baht and that her parents did not need to keep any of it as they were doing well. He refused and said that it was a silly custom and told her that if she required a dowry to show off at the wedding (which he had to invite over 500 people to) that she should take a loan from the hospital where she worked then pay it back immediately after the ceremony.

Which she actually did. Her mother paraded the money around like a UFC title belt then after the wedding they packed it up and paid it back to the hospital.

Got to show off to all the villagers in the area, so everyone was happy. And they lived happily ever after ;)

On 9/12/2017 at 6:37 PM, smotherb said:

This is just another reason the archaic dowry system--in all forms and all countries East and West--is simply out of touch with reality. In today's divorce-laden societies, marriage is little more than a license to temporarily live together. 

Marraige [visa ] ,  is  a less exspensive  way of living in Thailand, much abused . 555

Edited by elliss