Relying on the Russians - Thai hotels chief has mixed forecast for Pattaya high season

webfact

Madam TAT and all the other TAT Bosses live in a Bubble - and have no Idea at all of what goes on in reality outside of their respective opulent Offices. Just consider the "Farangs pay double (or more) to enter most places of interest in Thailand - and once inside, many things don't work, or have only THAI descriptions.

I visited one of the important Theological  Sights near Udonthani ...... while the presentation was interesting, but all descriptions were only in THAI. Several Video displays were "out-of-order" and when  asked how long that had been the case - the answer was .... for about 8 months!!

And I also recall comments from Pattaya City Hall, where they referred to Pattaya as the "RIVIERA of Asia"!! Given the dirt, stink and general Pollution around, one has to wonder how they could ever come to such a statement?  

Just to extrapolate Tourist numbers ...... is one thing, but they usually reflect the state of Services that are offered.

3 hours ago, over it said:

If a quality tourist wanted to come here they would not find much in the way of theaters, art galleries, and museums. There simply aren't very many.

Plenty of Thai culture to shove down their throats, though.

And what exactly is wrong with Ripley's :cheesy:

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He expected Germans, Scandinavians and people from the UK to make up a fair proportion of what he called quality tourists but cautioned that their number were not expected to be as large as in recent years.

Those kind of tourists were less interested in high class hotels and are looking more to condominiums and apartments, he said.

Quality tourists do not stay in condos and apartments they stay in 5 stars hotels.

Pattaya residential condos are full of holiday makers even in low season when this is illegal in thailand. Not only is this a nightmare for owners and residents but has a major impact on hotel business. I would suggest hoteliers get toget her with government and police to stamp this out. 

7 hours ago, elgenon said:

Quality tourist is only about the money. And no shooting! Falling off a balcony is suspect.

Oh, and no paper in the toilet.

I like art but I don't think the generalissimo cares.

No paper in the toilet? Use the water from the tap with hose to wash you buttocks!

3 hours ago, nasanews said:

Quality tourists do not stay in condos and apartments they stay in 5 stars hotels.

I beg to differ with you if I may, I have friends who, for Donkeys years stayed at the Dusit by the Dolphin roundabout, that used to cost them an absolute fortune, they then discovered that they could rent a large apartment nearby at the same time of year, Christmas/New year for the same period 3 to 4 weeks at half the price, it makes economic sense wouldn't you say ?

10 hours ago, The manic said:

Are you a quality tourist? How many art galleries, theatres and museums do you visit? How many thousand baht a day do you put into the economy?

art galleries. theatres. museums? where  do you live?  thousands of baht a day? on what? if you are on a sex tour that may make sense but if you are trying to see thailand, ----

"Relying on the Russians - Thai hotels chief has mixed forecast for Pattaya high season"

And running side by side with it in the headlines:-

"Floating trash off Pattaya's coast - watchdog blaming Thais as "sixth worst polluters" in the world"

No surprises there, then!

And from Post #31 (With thanks to Awinkl):-

"And I also recall comments from Pattaya City Hall, where they referred to Pattaya as the "RIVIERA of Asia!! "

21463247_1617880158256899_1975091543274239068_n.png

Edited by sambum

10 hours ago, The manic said:

Are you a quality tourist? How many art galleries, theatres and museums do you visit? How many thousand baht a day do you put into the economy?

How many art galleries, theatres and museums are there in Pattaya? I love the place but it's a bit of a cultural wilderness.

9 hours ago, nausea said:

Why on earth would anyone visit Thailand for its galleries, theatres and museums; that's what you do in places like London, Paris and New York. When they say quality tourists I think they mean people who stay in five-star hotels, indulge in organised excursions and activities, and probably spend a lot of their time lounging by the pool. I would imagine a lot of these guys have high pressure jobs and are here to relax not improve their minds.

Correct! That's why I have put "a certain poster" on "Ignore" His posts have about as much substance as the sea off Pattaya beach!

10 hours ago, over it said:

If a quality tourist wanted to come here they would not find much in the way of theaters, art galleries, and museums. There simply aren't very many.

Plenty of Thai culture to shove down their throats, though.

But Madam TAT is big on us all apparently wanting to frequent temples and waterfalls. Does worshiping at the alter of Venus count?

Hey, when I am in Thailand  I regularly use the washroom of the 5 star and above

Hotels, as they have great TP. I buy drinks from their bars during happy hour, and

Happy, Happy hour right after that.  I  have even stayed at a luxery hotel in Bangkok

right  on the river. Have you?? I fortunately have not had to spend a minute in a Thai

prison, so I feel like I am not the lowest quality.

Geezer

18 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I beg to differ with you if I may, I have friends who, for Donkeys years stayed at the Dusit by the Dolphin roundabout, that used to cost them an absolute fortune, they then discovered that they could rent a large apartment nearby at the same time of year, Christmas/New year for the same period 3 to 4 weeks at half the price, it makes economic sense wouldn't you say ?

So long as they donate half their savings to the boys in orange all is good.

On 9/13/2017 at 9:02 AM, madusa said:

No paper in the toilet? Use the water from the tap with hose to wash you buttocks!

No I like to use nice soft paper like Andrex as it makes you feel clean so they say, not the carp that comes out of 5* hotels here that blocks up the sewage system. hey those are good word Sewage system