Yashima air con remote control?

soistalker

My Yashima air conditioner remote control isn't really working. It keeps turning off. I went to Tukcom, but they don't have a copy or an original. The guy at the night market on Theprasset does not have it. Does anyone have an idea where I can get one?

Cheers

IMG_3139.JPG

Edited by soistalker
Extra information

Power Buy, at the back service/cashier desk they sell generic programmable Universal remotes. They usually work on all brands, not too difficult to set, just follow instructions exactly.  Or here: http://www.lazada.co.th/37813431.html?spm=a2o4l.category-031104000000.0.0.D7tnxI&ff=1&sc=EZcV

Or on Pattaya Nua, few hundred meters down towards beach from 3rd. Rd. you pass a big aircon contractor shop, can't miss and there u get those and originals on order. More money than on Lazada. Good luck. MS>

Is Yashima the model of the AC. There will be a label on the bottom of the unit. OR the model of the remote? 

Have you replaced the battery and given the battery terminals a good clean? 

I do not see Yashima as a code on any of the remotes on offer. While the remote is still functioning buy a remote that "learns" or a "learning" remote. That way you can still use the old one to program the new one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Worlds-First-Universal-Learning-AC-A-C-Remote-Control-Copy-Remote-Codes-Fast-/222166661779

If all else fails and as it is broken already. Buy a can of lighter fluid , pop the remote open and using an old toothbrush and some Q-Tips give it a good clean. It might just be a sticky "off" button?

On Theppraset on the opposit side to the night market there is an electrical outlet shop that sells controls that can be used on dozens of models ,they are 180 baht , sorry i do not know the number of the shop ,but if you just walk along there you will see it , i bought a couple a few weeks ago , 

1 hour ago, johng said:

Not many phones have an Infrared transmitter.

Had an Ausie mate about ten years ago when I worked in Indo. He used to go into the local food court and change the channel on the public TV.:whistling:

Used to upset quite a few especially if the football was on.

Universal remotes do not work on all air cons.  Most but not all.  My generic non-labeled air con with some flavor of Mitsubishi compressor couldn't be controlled by either of the "universal" remotes I bought.