Why don't they...?

AllanB

Why don't they fit audible "clickers" to the indication switch, like they do on cars?

I have a little 50cc Peugeot scooter and it has an audible trafficator indicator, just like they have in all cars. This means you know to cancel them, instead on riding around half the day with them on, like many do, a good safety feature. Indeed it is more important on a bike, since they don't self cancel.

Why don't they fit longer mirror stems?

The mirrors on both my European scooters extend out past my shoulders, so without moving, I can see clearly see behind me. On all my Thai bikes more than 50% of my rear view is obscured by my shoulders.

None of this requires any new technology, or great expense, indeed these are features on my bottom of the range Peugeot V-click 50.

What else is missing and are there any easy fixes?

My last bike had 'bleeping' indicators and I believe it was an extra fitted by the previous owner. Maybe a little Chinese built electrical 'box of tricks' that could be purchased of e-bay or the like.

I do agree with you, it was a very useful addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something else, a few years ago I was in Vientiane and saw a Royal Enfield with a seat made with a super stretch cover. It was easily the most comfortable seat I have ever seen and I think I have seen it before on old bikes. I think the 1979 Bonny I rode had a comfortable seat.

What the hell has happened to bike seats, are the deliberately made uncomfortable, is it some sort of conspiracy theory to promote the piles clinic industry?

I am told that the current RE bikes have good seats............

• 2 weeks later...

Back in LOS now and riding the Filano and it is worse than I thought, the bloody mirrors I mean. After nearly 6 months on the Vespa being able to see behind me without actually having to get off the bike, this is really irritating seeing only my arms.

I hate not being able to see properly, need to fix that PDQ, I think the handlebars are narrower too, so may not be that easy.

5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I think Vespa mirrors are wider than Yamaha

Go retro and get some bar end mirrors

original-1450497584911.jpg 

I remember looking around last year and couldn't find longer stems, so thought about cut and shut on my old Honda Shadow, but would look a bit shit on the new chrome plated Filano. Funny they sell all this bling crap, but something really useful, not a sausage.

Us Brits have the right idea....

Mod_Mirrors_scooter_mod_revival.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Many of the big bikes are so loud you could not hear a turn signal clicker or audio warning. On long rides I wear ear plugs. My bike has turn signal indicator lights in the speedometer housing so I can see when the turn signals are on.

• 9 months later...
On 7/19/2018 at 12:42 AM, DILLIGAD said:

Been out already a long time (self cancelling indicators).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Self cancelling indicators are complicated and expensive a simple clicker costs the manufacturer $1 and works really well. Been riding our little Peugeot 50 (Click) around town for 6 weeks now and never leave the indicators on. When I get on the Vespa, MrsB is always reminding me I have left them on because they are silent.

Riding around with your indicators on is not the safest thing to do, especially in the UK where patience has ceased to be considered a virtue.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2017 at 6:32 AM, AllanB said:

Back in LOS now and riding the Filano and it is worse than I thought, the bloody mirrors I mean. After nearly 6 months on the Vespa being able to see behind me without actually having to get off the bike, this is really irritating seeing only my arms.

I hate not being able to see properly, need to fix that PDQ, I think the handlebars are narrower too, so may not be that easy.

Just need longer stalks, any welder can do it

• Like 1