Noise pollution from construction work

SidJames

The hotel next door to me started renovations 3 weeks ago which is fair enough but the noise from jack hammers drilling & grinders screeching is unending.

It starts at 8am & stops at 6pm with hardly a break for lunch 7 days a week now with no end in sight.

I complained to the manager of the hotel who shrugged her shoulders telling me that they were fixing the building & hopefully it wuld ebd by December.

I asked her if they could at least close some doors & windows but to no avail.

We are having to close our windows all day & put the AC on to be able to bear the constant noise.

Do I have any options other than to move?

Is there any duty of care by the hotel & it's builders?

The other half of the hotel is still open but they only ever seem to have coach loads of chinese guests who must be suffering also

I arrived in Thailand 4-5 years ago and was assigned a guy with an angle grinder, to follow me wherever I go. So far he has done a great job following me all over Thailand. He has a day off sometimes and is replaced with a guy with a Hammer drill, rare occasions when the power is off, he is replaced with a parking attendant with a whistle.

I have tried to fool them, catch a bus in the middle of the night to a remote location etc, but they always manage to find me. 

Do I have any options other than to move?

Is there any duty of care by the hotel & it's builders?

The other half of the hotel is still open but they only ever seem to have coach loads of chinese guests who must be suffering also

No

No

They are on package tours and have no choice of lodging. You do.

Be grateful it is only 8 to 6.

If noise is unacceptable, you are in the wrong country.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

It is difficult to find quiet here.

Good luck to the OP also on that December time line chances are it will end sometime next year.

It really depends on where 'here' is.

Where I live it is mostly quiet.

I do get Buddha's greatest hits from the temple in the morning but it's not so bad.

Not really the toe tapping stuff that you'd pay money to go and see in concert but quite soothing.

Sometimes a bit of music when there is a party in the village but all in all its pretty quiet usually.

I'm probably the noisiest one around!

That is a common problem in Thailand. How many times have I moved into a new apartment, always checking the environs for construction sites before signing the contract:A couple of weeks or months after moving in they tear down some old building and start construction of a new building with a permanent racket that can bring a nightowl, morning sleeper like myself to the brink of a nervous breakdown.I am half-addicted to sleeping tablets.You can only cut your losses, forfeit your deposit, and move to a new place, hoping that the same isn't going to happen again.

On 9/16/2017 at 6:15 AM, bartender100 said:

Most of us that have lived here have gone though this at some point, tough on the ones that buy, renters have a choice. If its only temporary your lucky, some projects go on for many months   

yes look at the TUNNEL.....and Siam Country Club Road....it is still impassable