Not just a pretty face - this woman is an example for Thai society

rooster59

She could push her luck a bit because she`s an attractive young woman. If it had been me, a 60 year old male trying to convince the 2 guys to see reason and asking them to behave themselves, I`ve no doubts they both would had set upon me.

A pretty face with a cute smile can achieve wonders.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and I took video of three young Thai guys beating the crap out of old taxi driver that I gave to the police which also captured three massage girls doing thier nails one meter from the attack. They even denied they were there when the police came to investigate. Then the officer showed them the video of the girls sitting there doing nothing. That was a rare awkward silence. The heros are far and few between around here. 

2 hours ago, Jim walker said:

So one in fifty million do a single good deed and they make a big song and dance about it  Mother Teresa she is not 

You mean she is not a right wing bigot who favoured fascist and despotic leaders?

Good point, well made. 

1 hour ago, ajarnmarc said:

I can understand all the responses concerning her actions, 

and the steps she took to prevent a more serious situation, 

but guys, do you really think you need to express you thoughts as it relates to her body parts,

where you think you may or may not have seen her?

Just think for a moment, it's still early in the day, 

so perhaps some reflection can be considered, 

before happy hour kicks in; 

what if this was your daughter, 

would you still be so proud of your inner observations of her appearance?

Really?

Really sad indeed...in reference to the degrading posts made on this article.

The OP itself was no better with its references to her looks. 

26 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The OP itself was no better with its references to her looks. 

True.  Some pretty people take advantage of their bestowed, or perhaps in her case, purchased gifts and lead comfortable, vacuous lives.  She chooses not to. 

Edited by yellowboat

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would have to assess the situation, i.e. if life threatening to me or not, or the other person/s, some times its not as cut and dry, but on most occasions, yes I'm with you on this one Dave67

access the  situation first: does this thai shit have anything to do with me  ?...if not... walk out quickly don't look back

Just now, free123 said:

access the  situation first: does this thai shit have anything to do with me  ?...if not... walk out quickly don't look back

if it's thai on thai. you walk away as a farang unless its friends and family. number 1 rule to survival in thailand. many farangs are good people and want to help but a situation like that can turn against you. hospital bills bla bla bla. thats if you survive

5 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Those airbags could save some lives...namely MINE! I would be happy to test them on a regular basis. :passifier::passifier:

Is it anything more than that in your mind. Oh, yes! Forgot that it might be assosiated with a heavy beer intake.
It can also be so simple that you just didn´t understand what you just read. Totally stupid comment.

Edited by Get Real

7 hours ago, petermik said:

It,s a pity there are not more like her here................:thumbsup:

Yeah most Thais  if they saw you lying on the road would run straight over you You would be holding them up from getting to their destination Me Me Me attatude

I remember several years ago I saw a similar incident in Asoke Sky train station where an able bodied Thai man was being aggressive and attacking a disabled man.
The station staff were just standing around looking concerned but not doing anything. Eventually the pair went down the steps and moved off on to Sukhumwit road.
At the time I thought of intervening and asked one of the staff what was happening. She said the disabled man was a beggar on Sukhumwit Rd and the attacker was his 'handler' who collected his takings at the end of the day. It was some kind of dispute over money, presumably the handler being dissatisfied with the day's takings.
May have been a similar story in the OP.

"Daily News Online wanted to know the background of this latest "darling of the internet" and found a determined woman with a background in rescue."

I thought she would've joined the Coast Guards with buoyancy aids like that!  She could have kept the Titanic afloat!

8 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I would

Yes I too, would Wai her as a mark of respect for her good work in this situation.  She is a credit to a largely undeserving Thai Society,   But I am sure that all that Dave67 meant.  (Yeah right!!!)

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Thats me pal.:cheesy:

Me too!!!!!!!!

Edited by The Deerhunter

9 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I would

Not for what you are used to paying, I'll guarntee you that.............

Edited to add.... I'll bet BIG TIME that she HAS or CAN HAVE better than what we have to offer her.......... she seems one of the 'good ones'.... Dream on.......

Edited by sawadeeken
to add a line....

8 hours ago, Jim walker said:

So one in fifty million do a single good deed and they make a big song and dance about it  Mother Teresa she is not 

I should hope she isnt, one crazy women who used religion to oppress women is enough in our lifetime.

6 hours ago, Get Real said:

Is it anything more than that in your mind. Oh, yes! Forgot that it might be assosiated with a heavy beer intake.
It can also be so simple that you just didn´t understand what you just read. Totally stupid comment.

Get a life. It was a light-hearted comment meant to bring a few laughs. Perhaps it failed. 

Aside from that judge, get off your high horse. You don't know what I drink (if at all) and do not know me. Never presume.

You know what is stupid? People who have nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon than take an anonymous shot at someone on a forum? That is pathetic. 

I won't presume (as you have about me) what a boring and pathetic life one may have here when one has nothing else to do than lash out against others who actually enjoy or (in my case) have enjoyed Thailand. 

Back to the OP, I agree that Thailand needs more people like that kind woman. It might bring back young and adventurous travellers with money. 

Not just attract bitter old men on fixed incomes that sit at computers all day and take random potshots at others on a forum. 

Heavy beer intake. Haha. 

If you took offense to my comment or found it in poor taste all you had to do is say so or report me to the mods. As it stands, you're just making things up about someone you don't know. 

Go back under your bridge, troll. 

Edited by docshock13
Amendment