Flip-flops on aircraft? If foreigners can why can't we, moans Thai passenger

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Thian said:

Well i just compared Thai air BKK-CDG (paris) ....Thai air 34.000 and KLM 28.000

Tell me .....is the Thai flight direct , is the KLM flight direct ......if not -then why compare apples with oranges.

7hrs with Thai .....9 1/2 hrs with KLM ( with a stop over........

KLM arrive at  9.45 PM.....Thai arrive 6.50AM 

For the relatively SLIGHTLY more expensive Thai flight........I would much prefer direct flight arriving in the morning.

For me with ANY flight ...the arrival time at destination is the most important factor.

2 hours ago, baboon said:

£574 is pretty damn good. However once I add flights from Newcastle... But then that is probably why all my quotes come in at £800+.

Flying BA tomorrow, probably for the last time. I used to love them but that CEO of theirs has done a sterling job of turning them into an airline of last resort. Plus I have heard they are going 3-4-3 in Economy, so forget it, I'll slum it on the Gulf carriers and save the £100 or so...

Why not slum it?... Monkey class for a baboon is a good fit. 

8 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Why not slum it?... Monkey class for a baboon is a good fit. 

Gulf carriers and Bastid Airways. Caught between a rock and a hard place. I avoid British Airways like the plague due to their officious, bullying, confrontational, underworked and over unionised cabin crew.

Edited by The manic

23 minutes ago, The manic said:

Gulf carriers and Bastid Airways. Caught between a rock and a hard place. I avoid British Airways like the plague due to their officious, bullying, confrontational, underworked and over unionised cabin crew.

Sounds like Qantas but it is run by a Brit and not an Aussie. 

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

Only while on duty, 

Not true, to the best of my knowledge and I spent 10 years with a major international carrier as inflight crew.

When you're traveling on passes you are held to a higher standard of dress than regular passengers who paid more than a pittance to get on board.

When I was flying a 2 way ticket anywhere in the world regardless of stopovers (you ended up where you started: ie: YYZ - LHR, BKK, NRT, YVR, YYZ) cost $7.50. We had to wear a suit and tie. It's more relaxed now I hear.

9 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

I remember when flip-flops used to be called "shower shoes". AFAIC, the only place they should be worn is ... wait for it ... in the shower.

Certainly not on the street and while traveling on aircraft, no matter who one is or what kind of ticket one has. 

I believe Aussies call them thongs ? 

56 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Interesting article, but anybody that wears flip flops on an airplane is an idiot.  The rare times there is an accident, those flip flops won't be very good in the emergency.  Stepping over sharp objects, and such. 

If your plane crashes, flip flops will not be a concern.

If you look at a ticket starting in thailand return to australia and then the same flights emanating return from australia to thailand you will see the prices are higher if you began in Aust. They have lower prices for thais that way.

Also their one way fares are almost the same as a return fare.  They are really overpriced.

But it is a strategy that works by you paying more to have more empty seats on board.

6 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Just looking Bkk to Lhr early October. Bht 32000. Same day, same plane, same fuel, same taxes....Lhr to Bkk , 26,000. WHY?

Because there are less seats available on the incoming flight? Remember it fluctuates depending on occupancy.

15 hours ago, baboon said:

+1. I would happily fly Thai to the UK but I have not seen in years an even halfway sensible price. It has always been Emirates  £550, BA £690 and Thai £800 plus. Maybe I just fly at the wrong times.

You must do I saw Thai LHR to BKK under £500 today for Feb 2018, BA/Eva were slightly cheaper. For long haul Thai prices are ok but short haul or domestic they are expensive. 

1 hour ago, whaleboneman said:

I have never had a problem with people wearing flip-flops on an airplane. The real problem is when people with bad stink-foot take off their shoes. That can really make a flight unbearable.

In general I agree with you, except when the people start putting their feet on the seats, or they have BATs.  ( shock jock coined the acronym for Bad Ass Toes!)

17 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

I remember when flip-flops used to be called "shower shoes". AFAIC, the only place they should be worn is ... wait for it ... in the shower.

Certainly not on the street and while traveling on aircraft, no matter who one is or what kind of ticket one has. 

FYI There are flip flops that are shower shoes. They have a sole that works well on wet tile. The average flip flops do not have such soles and can be slippery.

The average house price is $2 million at the beach cities of LA.  Everyone wears flip flops everywhere. Even expensive restaurants and when flying. Residents include most of the sports team members of LA, models, actors, entertainers, and a lot of CEOs. You should tell them you do not approve. Shape them up. Glad to see you are the repository of the TRUTH. 

21 hours ago, electric said:

I fly Thai Airways often, and my experience has been that their fares are very competitive with other full service airlines flying the same route.

Sure, the budget airlines are much cheaper, until you start adding all the extras.

I also used to go with THAI - but for the past few years - they are a lot more Expensive. I just searched for a Flight BKK-LHR ,,return and THAI was nowhere to be found in the first 500 options!! Finally settled on Etihadd - and I don't think that they are considered Budget??

21 hours ago, Seismic said:

I would have to disagree, and a simple search on websites like Kayak or skyscanner would show quite quickly that Thai do not appear to be able to match the fares of many other major airlines.

Agreed.  And this has been true for a L-O-N-G time!

2 hours ago, elgenon said:

FYI There are flip flops that are shower shoes. They have a sole that works well on wet tile. The average flip flops do not have such soles and can be slippery.

The average house price is $2 million at the beach cities of LA.  Everyone wears flip flops everywhere. Even expensive restaurants and when flying. Residents include most of the sports team members of LA, models, actors, entertainers, and a lot of CEOs. You should tell them you do not approve. Shape them up. Glad to see you are the repository of the TRUTH. 

FYI There are flip flops and there are more expensive flip flops.   Still a rose by any other name.   'Don't really care what the beach communities in LA are wearing.   And why would anyone (who doesn't graze there)?