Irresponsible Thai parents slammed: Why have kids if you can't teach them right from wrong?

webfact

Irresponsible Thai parents slammed: Why have kids if you can't teach them right from wrong?

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- The online community turned on a mother and father who refused to take responsibility for the actions of their little kid.

The child - clearly unsupervised - enjoyed himself with some yellow house paint and daubed a neighbor's car with it.

But the mum and dad said it had nothing to do with them.

"Nut Khaijeaw" went on Facebook with pictures of his fancy motor ruined by the sticky paint saying:

"They shouldn't have kids if they can't take responsibility for them".

Commenters agreed rounding on the irresponsible parents for not teaching their child right from wrong.

While the police seemed equally unwilling to do much - according to Thai Rath they asked where is the video evidence?

The disgruntled car owner pointed out that the child was covered in yellow paint too.

Thai Rath said that in Thailand this sort of thing can be handled by insurance if the policy is a good one. A claim can be made and the insurance company would go after the person who damaged the property to get their money back.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-19

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"But the mum and dad said it had nothing to do with them."

that's the problem few people here take responsibility for their

actions,so what hope for the kids,it just goes from one generation

to the next.

regards worgeordie

thai tradition

"While the police seemed equally unwilling to do much - according to Thai Rath they asked where is the video evidence?

The disgruntled car owner pointed out that the child was covered in yellow paint too."

Not exactly caught red-handed then !

The RTP showing their prowess here as per.. I woder what their take would be if 1 of their trucks got such treatment.

Although if the red bull incident is anything to go by even a violent death of a colleague is neither here nor there.

Hope the parents get named, shamed and utterly vilified publicly for this

Why have kids if you can't teach them right from wrong?

Too many Thais don't even want kids, let alone the 'hassle' of trying to teach moral values. All they want, probably after a whiskey or a Full Moon too many, is SEX and to hell with the consequences . . . our folks will sort out whatever mess we leave.

Horrible kids everywhere: I was at the Ratchada Nightplaza and my daughter (18months) spotted a little boy of about 7 riding the helicopter ride (My daughter won't step foot near one but loves watching from a safe 5m distance so she walked towards the play area). The next thing this little runt starts shouting "Mai, Mai, Mai Ow, Mai Ow," and then started barking "No, NO, NO!" My daughter was a little bit taken aback and had this, "What the hell is wrong with this kid??" expression. Next thing the runt's mother comes along and asks why he was shouting so loudly and annoying everyone in the lobby. He then said that he didn't want my daughter to use the ride. Mother runt looked at us and then just said, "Oh ok, which ride do you want next".

In civilized countries parents are legally responsible for their children's actions until they are of legal age themselves. This helps parents to be good parents, because if they don't make sure their children are brought up responsibly, it will come back to bite them in the arse financially. Always a pretty good incentive, I think.

But then again, we're not talking about a civilized society here, I guess.

39 minutes ago, regedit said:

"While the police seemed equally unwilling to do much - according to Thai Rath they asked where is the video evidence?

The disgruntled car owner pointed out that the child was covered in yellow paint too."

Not exactly caught red-handed then !

What is the police going to do.. this is a civil matter.. cant charge a really young kid with vandalism. 

This should go through insurance or the courts. 

This is becoming an epidemic here and altos in my birth country, the UK. Modern day parents seem to lack the skill of parenting and are also looking to blame others. A total lack of responsibility. This article is a classic example.

I have my theories why this has happened and perhaps needs a new thread but the poor parenting is having a negative affect on the world and schools.

It is coming to a point that I believe parents should have to do a course to justify that they can take care of children properly. Only recently I saw a 4 year old kicking kiss parents whilst they laugh and say nothing, shrugging the incident off. What are they teaching this child? To be a violent, aggressive adult. people need to wake up and take some action.

Modern day parents seem to think putting a phone or IPad into a child's face is the answer for curtailing poor behavior. It is not. Your making your kids stupid and teaching them the wrong values.

35 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Horrible kids everywhere: I was at the Ratchada Nightplaza and my daughter (18months) spotted a little boy of about 7 riding the helicopter ride (My daughter won't step foot near one but loves watching from a safe 5m distance so she walked towards the play area). The next thing this little runt starts shouting "Mai, Mai, Mai Ow, Mai Ow," and then started barking "No, NO, NO!" My daughter was a little bit taken aback and had this, "What the hell is wrong with this kid??" expression. Next thing the runt's mother comes along and asks why he was shouting so loudly and annoying everyone in the lobby. He then said that he didn't want my daughter to use the ride. Mother runt looked at us and then just said, "Oh ok, which ride do you want next".

At least the boy was on the real toy, i also see kids pushing the kiddycart and daddy doesn't care at all if they run into other customers. One run into me (scratching my expensive leather shoe) and when i pointed at the scratches dad acted like he didn't see that, also refused to say solly.

Grandpa, grandma, his mother were all watching it but didn't do anything.

Thai just can't raise kids, especially boys.

Just go to any Sizzlers where Thai are with their young kids, they let the kid throw EVERYTHING on the floor and act like it's normal...other Thai won't even look at it.

Sometimes i go  have a good look at it while pointing at the mess and laughing loud....the parents don't give a pit.

10 minutes ago, Thian said:

At least the boy was on the real toy, i also see kids pushing the kiddycart and daddy doesn't care at all if they run into other customers. One run into me (scratching my expensive leather shoe) and when i pointed at the scratches dad acted like he didn't see that, also refused to say solly.

Grandpa, grandma, his mother were all watching it but didn't do anything.

Thai just can't raise kids, especially boys.

Yes, that's so true. Why is it that Thai boys are generally more obnoxious than girls? Bloody sad, to say the least.

I get looked at strangely by Thais when I'm in the shops with my 6 year old son and I tell him no when he points at something. One lady asked me how I can say no to my son in a puzzled way. I told her no problem, I'm the DAD he's the little boy, dad gets to say no. She was mystified by my answer

It's no big deal to him he knows Dad doesn't buy everything he wants but he still tries it on, its part of raising a kid. The nanny buys him whatever he wants even though I have repeatedly told her not to. I can't say no is her answer.

I have gotten compliments in a falang restaurant on how well mannered my son is, so some of what I do is working I guess.

35 minutes ago, Bullie said:

In civilized countries parents are legally responsible for their children's actions until they are of legal age themselves. This helps parents to be good parents, because if they don't make sure their children are brought up responsibly, it will come back to bite them in the arse financially. Always a pretty good incentive, I think.

But then again, we're not talking about a civilized society here, I guess.

Depends on which countries you are talking about,  This is civil damage and a parent is only responsible for debts for essentials for children in Britain Australia and I believe Canada as well as most places based on Weestminster law principles.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

"But the mum and dad said it had nothing to do with them."

that's the problem few people here take responsibility for their

actions,so what hope for the kids,it just goes from one generation

to the next.

regards worgeordie

It's true!

To quote Bart Simpson, "I didn't do it"

... sue my kid...:cheesy::clap2:

Let the parents pay for the damage.

The "mai pen rai" attitude seems not to work always smoothly in a modern society.

Personally , if i could, i would set the adult age at 16, if a boy (or a girl ) are not responsible at 16, there is not much parents can do, IMO.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

And the kid will grow up believing he can do whatever he wants and no one can tell him anything because that's just the way it is.

Let me think. Now where have I encountered that attitude?

Edited by MaxYakov

18 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

I get looked at strangely by Thais when I'm in the shops with my 6 year old son and I tell him no when he points at something. One lady asked me how I can say no to my son in a puzzled way. I told her no problem, I'm the DAD he's the little boy, dad gets to say no. She was mystified by my answer

It's no big deal to him he knows Dad doesn't buy everything he wants but he still tries it on, its part of raising a kid. The nanny buys him whatever he wants even though I have repeatedly told her not to. I can't say no is her answer.

I have gotten compliments in a falang restaurant on how well mannered my son is, so some of what I do is working I guess.

Yes in Europe you'll find parents saying no to kids all the time...and if they start crying they can expect to get hit or being dragged out of the place....

Yesterday in Yamazaki bakery an old thai lady was pushing all the uncovered woowee breads with her finger, i looked her straight in the eyes while shaking my head...she stared at me like i was totally crazy...:passifier:

Jackson Pollak would be proud...

The despicable attitude of the parents is the issue here, the poor kid was just having fun and has never known right from wrong, which leads to the question...

Of course, insurance can pay for this and the Insurance company can charge the parents - this is the only way to make them re-think their idiotic approach. 

On numerous occasions (on this forum) I have defended the issue of 'children in public' (in restaurants, on flights etc) because I see many children, my son included, who are impeccably behaved in public. Unfortunately It is this sort of absentee parenting which tarnishes the opinions and create bias in those unable to intelligently handle a balanced perspective. 

This is clearly one extreme, however, the concerning issue for me, and I'm sure for many, is how these children grow up with a sense of entitlement believing they are never at fault and can do no wrong.

These are the types of children who turn into despicable young adults, who ultimately make the news at one point, usually for something more serious and unfortunately, in Thailand their lack of responsibility and accountability usually ends up with someone hurt or worse. 

Many of us can see what 'will happen'... we can see how the complete and total carelessness of the parents results in a poorly adjusted child who quite frankly will be ill prepared for the world ahead of him. 

---------------

In a not too dissimilar story (in the UK) my Friends son kicked a stone, a car was parked badly at the bottom of the bank on which the kids were playing. The stone kicked up and hit and smashed the rear windscreen. My friend's son went into a state of shock, he was hyperventilating, as soon as my friend found out what happened he visited the owner of the car to tell him what had happened, that it was an accident and that he would cover the costs. The other party responded positively (probably quite happy that they were not the victims of targeted vandalism). 

I see huge gulf between Thailand's people and those in many Western countries in their preparedness to take responsibility.

Yes, if this seems like a Thai Bash, it is, but not an unfounded Thai-bash. Many issues here exist for the single reason that people are simply unable or ill prepared to take responsibility for their actions....  Society on the whole is quite juvenile in this manner. 

46 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Yes, that's so true. Why is it that Thai boys are generally more obnoxious than girls? Bloody sad, to say the least.

You can probably scratch the Thai part and paintbrush that to the world over. Boys and girls are different in many ways and testosterone is just one (bigger) factor in this equation.

I am strictly speaking of the innate differences of a dimorphic species, excluding all further external factors such as parenting, culture, enviroment and what have you.

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes, if this seems like a Thai Bash, it is, but not an unfounded Thai-bash

You could also just become a regressive leftist and believe that all cultures are equal, fortunately it seems you are still sane and are a [insert your favorite string of 20 buzz words] for still speaking empirical truth, not to mention without the need to resort to a nowadays mandatory "but not all" sentence. Kudos :)

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Rath said that in Thailand this sort of thing can be handled by insurance if the policy is a good one. A claim can be made and the insurance company would go after the person who damaged the property to get their money back.

So knowing that I should go out & buy a full surveilance system so i can get a mug shot (as police requested ) or ensure I always carry my phone (could you just hold the brush to the right a little bit ), hoping you don't get clobbered by the parents from behind.

So as mentioned not being caught in the act & parents denying everything how do the insurance get their money from the offender - & if unable you are left with a claim against your insurance which ups' the rate the following year.

Lets' hope one doesn't have to make to many claims, as Thai Rath says it's all ok as your top no fault policy allows it

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Jackson Pollak would be proud...

The despicable attitude of the parents is the issue here, the poor kid was just having fun and has never known right from wrong, which leads to the question...

Of course, insurance can pay for this and the Insurance company can charge the parents - this is the only way to make them re-think their idiotic approach. 

On numerous occasions (on this forum) I have defended the issue of 'children in public' (in restaurants, on flights etc) because I see many children, my son included, who are impeccably behaved in public. Unfortunately It is this sort of absentee parenting which tarnishes the opinions and create bias in those unable to intelligently handle a balanced perspective. 

This is clearly one extreme, however, the concerning issue for me, and I'm sure for many, is how these children grow up with a sense of entitlement believing they are never at fault and can do no wrong.

These are the types of children who turn into despicable young adults, who ultimately make the news at one point, usually for something more serious and unfortunately, in Thailand their lack of responsibility and accountability usually ends up with someone hurt or worse. 

Many of us can see what 'will happen'... we can see how the complete and total carelessness of the parents results in a poorly adjusted child who quite frankly will be ill prepared for the world ahead of him. 

---------------

In a not too dissimilar story (in the UK) my Friends son kicked a stone, a car was parked badly at the bottom of the bank on which the kids were playing. The stone kicked up and hit and smashed the rear windscreen. My friend's son went into a state of shock, he was hyperventilating, as soon as my friend found out what happened he visited the owner of the car to tell him what had happened, that it was an accident and that he would cover the costs. The other party responded positively (probably quite happy that they were not the victims of targeted vandalism). 

I see huge gulf between Thailand's people and those in many Western countries in their preparedness to take responsibility.

Yes, if this seems like a Thai Bash, it is, but not an unfounded Thai-bash. Many issues here exist for the single reason that people are simply unable or ill prepared to take responsibility for their actions....  Society on the whole is quite juvenile in this manner. 

I've also met farang with his young son in the Emquartier supermarket, the son was pushing the mini shoppingcart but expected me to jump aside for him, which i wouldn't. So he was jokingly threatening me to push it against me if i wouldn't move when i told him jokingly i would kick him if he did. The farang dad (it might have been you) didn't say anything but the boy understood my message and went around me. I thought that was rude as well (from dad) but hey this is how we teach kids in Europe...if they annoy people they have to hear the consequences themselves.